USMB Weekend Getaway

o hell i can see i am in charge of what to do in new orleans....lol....acme seafood...dirt cheap and damn good....we can get muffaletta from central grocery ...its the real one across from the french market...i am not into beignets but you must do cafe de monde...if yall want a fancy dinner ..we can do commanders palace..then harrahs for the evening...aquarium is nice...

cheapest drinks are the gay bars...2 for 1..and damn nice eye candy...but i cant see this bunch of homophos setting it aside for cheap drinks

cheap drinks are cheap drinks, it wouldn't be the first gay bar i've been in.

It would for me, at least, I think it would..:eek:

just people sheila, like the rest of us.

Just out of curiosity, when it comes right down to it, how many of you are going to put your lives on hold, take vacation from work (if you have it), find sitters and/or daycare for your kids (if applicable), and foot the cost to head to another state to meet a bunch of people from a political board that you don't know, you've never even talked to via actual email, much less actually talked to on the phone, and likely haven't even seen a pic of?

If this were a "local" board, and everyone was in the same home town, I could see...but...

Really going to do it?
I don't know if they're really going to do it here, but it IS a three-year tradition on another board, as I said.

They start a thread about it, organizing it, at least four months in advance of the actual meet date. Some folks bring their whole families and make a vacation out of it. And it's done by regions, as well as the big meet-up in nawlins.

The smaller regional meets happen with more frequency then the nawlins one. When you have 86,000 members on the message board as they do have, it's really easy to get the regional meets and even the big national meet-up going.

Just out of curiosity, when it comes right down to it, how many of you are going to put your lives on hold, take vacation from work (if you have it), find sitters and/or daycare for your kids (if applicable), and foot the cost to head to another state to meet a bunch of people from a political board that you don't know, you've never even talked to via actual email, much less actually talked to on the phone, and likely haven't even seen a pic of?

If this were a "local" board, and everyone was in the same home town, I could see...but...

Really going to do it?
I don't know if they're really going to do it here, but it IS a three-year tradition on another board, as I said.

They start a thread about it, organizing it, at least four months in advance of the actual meet date. Some folks bring their whole families and make a vacation out of it. And it's done by regions, as well as the big meet-up in nawlins.

The smaller regional meets happen with more frequency then the nawlins one. When you have 86,000 members on the message board as they do have, it's really easy to get the regional meets and even the big national meet-up going.

If a banned individual from that other board showed up at the get together with a keg and a case of Glenlivet 18 year Single Malt Scotch, would they be welcomed?

Or would only the liquor be welcomed?

Really going to do it?

If a banned individual from that other board showed up at the get together with a keg and a case of Glenlivet 18 year Single Malt Scotch, would they be welcomed?

Just the liquor. It's not banned.:cool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

With that bunch, I doubt they would care if you were Ahmadinejad so long as you were toting the booze!!

I DO wish your behavior there was as good as it's been here.

With that bunch, I doubt they would care if you were Ahmadinejad so long as you were toting the booze!!

Wait, do you mean to tell us xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxtoxi's behavior was less than stellar somewhere else? :eek:

Wait, do you mean to tell us xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxtoxi's behavior was less than stellar somewhere else? :eek:
Really can't talk about drama on other boards here.... But yeah.

Allegedly.

But in actuallity, my behavior was quite fashionable.

I just fell onto the wrong side of the political spectrum and a moderator with incorrect information drew an incorrect conclusion about my posting history and decided that I would make a great scapegoat on which he could take out his frustrations that Obama won.

So...no. My behavior has always been stellar.

I don't have a passport, so you'll have to come and get wasted in Canada - or at least learn how to do it properly.

Advantage Canada: DavidS, Amanda and some of the other young-uns can tip a legal brew!

Disadvantage: Freakin' cold evenings and nights most of the year.

Plan it at least a year out and I'll try my damnedest to be there - Nationwide.

The Southeast US would be my favored locale, if there is a vote or poll...

-Joe

If Amanda, Echo, bones, Jillian and the other USMB females show up, can we go to a nudist resort? :D

I live at a nudist resort in South Florida - Winter is a pretty crowded time but I bet I could get most of you an RV or tent site in the fall or late spring... everyone and anyone is welcome in smaller groups any time, just let me know when you want to visit!

-Joe

Allegedly.

But in actuallity, my behavior was quite fashionable.

I just fell onto the wrong side of the political spectrum and a moderator with incorrect information drew an incorrect conclusion about my posting history and decided that I would make a great scapegoat on which he could take out his frustrations that Obama won.

So...no. My behavior has always been stellar.
You're intelligent, educated, you're a medical doctor. So how can you post such nonsense?

Your primary purpose there was to troll the board and see how much you could get away with and for how long. Let's just call it what it is and stop blame shifting. You knew what you were doing there and also knew at some point you would be riding out on the banwagon.

Your behavior here is a 180 degree turn from what it was there, and you know it is.

o hell i can see i am in charge of what to do in new orleans....lol....acme seafood...dirt cheap and damn good....we can get muffaletta from central grocery ...its the real one across from the french market...i am not into beignets but you must do cafe de monde...if yall want a fancy dinner ..we can do commanders palace..then harrahs for the evening...aquarium is nice...

cheapest drinks are the gay bars...2 for 1..and damn nice eye candy...but i cant see this bunch of homophos setting it aside for cheap drinks

New Orleans is high on my list of places to go... and I'm comfortable enough with myself to drink with anyone who understands that no means no.

Of course I also dig those who understand "yes" and "hell, yes!" :cool:

-Joe

Actually, I never trolled. I didn't hit and run post. I made very intelligent posts and questioned a lot of concepts.

I have learned the reason why I was banned was because of two names that I was supposedly a retread of...which is completely untrue.

Admittedly, after my first incorrect banning, I did retread, so I did violate the rules. But only after initially being incorrectly singled out.
You continue to deny and blame shift. Your behavior caused your banishment. They REALLY hate kicking people off over there, go out of their way to avoid doing so. And if you had any idea what is done to verify returning banned members through vBulletin and other resources, before an admin or mod makes such a determination, you wouldn't be trying to make your "mistaken identity" story fly. I guarantee you, Gunny nor any mod here nor anyone else who has some tech knowledge and familiarity with the backend of vBulletin is going to buy that one. You have no idea the amount of information you're providing when you simply visit a message board, not to mention the even larger amount when you create an account and start posting on one.

From the rules here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/533336-post1.html
Individuals are allowed one account. Anyone found to be in violation risks having all accounts banned. We have several tools at our disposal to identify multis. We use them. You may think you can get away with it, but you can't. So don't.
And it's the same tools used there as well, to identify returning banmembers.

The other thing is, on that board we're talking about, mods don't take unilateral action in banning returning banmembers. It's reviewed by the whole staff. This is why your other assertion doesn't fly, about one having a tantrum or fit and unilaterally banning you.

Folks who have no tech knowledge will buy your story, but don't try to sell it to those who know better.

Last edited:

Really going to do it?

I'll take almost any excuse for a vacation.

I'm just curious to see who all actually WOULD, given the current economy and all...and who would give up family vacation time to drag theirs along to meet a bunch of people they've never heard of just because one member of the household is on here...

And...would you go alone, or bring your families?

New Orleans to Miami to D.C. I'll drive and bring the wife and dogs...

'Vegas or other points west - me and my bride will board the monsters and fly. Either way, by spring / summer of 2010 we'll be ready for a travel weekend! :eusa_drool:

-Joe

Forum List

Back