USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, that happiness didn't last long. While they'll have the results of the biopsy on Monday, they will not give me the results until Thursday. What the heck? This is ridiculous.

Well people have low priority at the doctor's office silly.

I'm gonna call the well drillers union!! This is an outrage!!

Pipe down there! You know the drill, we can't have you running hot and cold your pressure will blow.

031.jpg

So today I cut the lawn then decided to trim the hemlocks since it was pretty cool. I set up the ladder and walked in the garage to get the brush hog and the extension chord. when I walked out this guy was heading into the yard,

3-150814200614-2133955.jpeg

.22 with bird shot. He won't want to come back.

We had the coyotes here just causing a total ruckus the other night. They were right here among the houses doing their yipping and howling, and had all the dogs around barking and howling too. Never heard them down around the houses like that before. Usually you hear them up in the hills. I suppose they're always down here roaming around, you just never hear them.

I love to have them around. Saturday I replaced some rotting landscape timbers with a rock wall. sunday morning early, I was hauling some of them back into the woods. just as I got off the road and was walking through some deep grass and thistle, I'm thinking to my self, what is that smell? about 15' away from me a bear stands up. I nearly jumped out of my skin. he must have been dozing in the grass. it bolted off into the woods.

And for today's history lesson:

On this day in history, August 15, 1939, The Wizard of Oz premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles, California. Adapted from the 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, it would become one of the best known films of all time and part of American popular culture and remains one of America's most beloved.

Despite a 'perfect' cast of Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Jack Halen, Bert Lahr et al, and accolades for its use of Technicolor, fantasy storytelling, ground breaking musical score, and amazing characters using elaborate make-up and special effects, it was also MGM's most expensive film up to that point. It failed to recoup the investment initially but would make up for that many times over later in subsequent releases. It was first broadcast on television in 1956 and that has become an annual tradition.

It was nominated for six Academy Awards that year. It lost out to 'best picture' to Gone with the Wind, but it won two others including best original song: "Over the Rainbow" that would go on to be highly ranked among the best 100 songs of all time. The film was named the most viewed motion picture on television syndication in history by the Library of Congress (who also preserved the film to the National Film Registry in its inaugural year (1989) for being "culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant." It is often ranked among the Top 10 Best Movies of All Time.

the-wizard-of-oz-original.jpg
I bought the remastered bluray edition of this, and first time I watched it was surprised to see that the Tin Man has a rivet between his eyes. I never knew that util I saw it in high definition.

I like the flying monkeys!!!:lol:

Last edited:
So, here it is, Friday night... I just got finished cleaning up the kitchen. And just guess where Mrs. BBD is????? Where you ask??? Well, I'll tell you. About 4:00 pm she loaded up in a car load of her lady friends and they all went to another lady friend's birthday party in Iowa. She won't be home until sometime around midnight. She's a party animal I tell ya...

On this day in history, August 15, 1939, The Wizard of Oz premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles, California. Adapted from the 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, it would become one of the best known films of all time and part of American popular culture and remains one of America's most beloved.

Despite a 'perfect' cast of Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Jack Halen, Bert Lahr et al, and accolades for its use of Technicolor, fantasy storytelling, ground breaking musical score, and amazing characters using elaborate make-up and special effects, it was also MGM's most expensive film up to that point. It failed to recoup the investment initially but would make up for that many times over later in subsequent releases. It was first broadcast on television in 1956 and that has become an annual tradition.

It was nominated for six Academy Awards that year. It lost out to 'best picture' to Gone with the Wind, but it won two others including best original song: "Over the Rainbow" that would go on to be highly ranked among the best 100 songs of all time. The film was named the most viewed motion picture on television syndication in history by the Library of Congress (who also preserved the film to the National Film Registry in its inaugural year (1989) for being "culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant." It is often ranked among the Top 10 Best Movies of All Time.

I bought the remastered bluray edition of this, and first time I watched it was surprised to see that the Tin Man has a rivet between his eyes. I never knew that util I saw it in high definition.

I like the flying monkeys!!!:lol:

Except when they've had a batch of bad bananas!!!!!

Tuna sandwich sounds real tasty right now. Alas, being on a strict weight loss program, I am a bit limited with my menu selections. But this program is working and I have lost 35 lbs already, with 15 more to go. I feel rejuvenated and might be inspired to shop for some new clothes soon. Right now, I'm just cinching the belt a bit tighter.
I posted my goats for sale on CL this morning. I hope that most of them will find homes. The alternative is not really my favorite option. But, the sooner I divest myself of my stock holdings, the sooner I can start putting together a road stake to move down where my daughter and granddaughters are. If the moles won't come to the mountain...or something like that.

Wtg on the weight program Gal!

This morning I had to take a drill and make a new hole in my belt. Second time I had to do that.

I've had a hell of a time getting on the site the last couple of days; it just hangs up and fails to load. Eventually I abandoned Opera and went to Firefox and that worked, so it must have been on my end. I think...

Last edited:
To be honest, a great sweet-potato pie with whipped cream and real bourbon vanilla ice cream is my absolute favorite!

I HATE Lemon Meringue Pie. It's yucky.

Me neither, don't like meringue or cream pies.

You guys don't know what's good, but I would have to agree if its one of the 'make it in bulk as cheaply as possible' kind that you usually get at the grocery store. But an exquisitely seasoned/flavored lemon merengue or keylime pie made fresh with the best ingredients? Nothing better.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
007's Mom,
Sheila test results,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Okay, I haven't read any posts today so if I missed something, I'm sorry. Happy Happy Joy Joy. The oncologist today said he doesn't think it's invasive breast cancer, though we won't know for sure until Monday. The Mammogram and ultrasound only showed a thickening of the skin, no masses. So, let me just say, YIPPEE!!!

Monday, when the results come in (hopefully negative), I'm planning on a party. I'm going to get me some champagne and go out to eat some place fancy.

:thup:
Good to hear.
I waited to say anything but two days ago radiology called my wife, needed more mammo-picts, asymmetrical and dense tissue seen in her right breast. She's 50, almost 51, so they just want to be sure, it only normal "growth" (best word I can come up with).

glad she's okay. I've been through breast cancer once. I feel I've done my part and don't want to do it again. I know how scary it is, even the thought of it. Give your wife my best.

So, here it is, Friday night... I just got finished cleaning up the kitchen. And just guess where Mrs. BBD is????? Where you ask??? Well, I'll tell you. About 4:00 pm she loaded up in a car load of her lady friends and they all went to another lady friend's birthday party in Iowa. She won't be home until sometime around midnight. She's a party animal I tell ya...

I hope she has a great time at the party, BBD. You will take care of her when she arrives home, won't you? ;)

Oh, that just happens to be one of my favorite pies. Coconut cream pie still my very favorite.

To be honest, a great sweet-potato pie with whipped cream and real bourbon vanilla ice cream is my absolute favorite!

I HATE Lemon Meringue Pie. It's yucky.

You must be related to my husband....he hates it too, why I hardly ever have it because what's the use of making or buying one if I'm the only one that will eat it. Bah humbug.

Tuna sandwich sounds real tasty right now. Alas, being on a strict weight loss program, I am a bit limited with my menu selections. But this program is working and I have lost 35 lbs already, with 15 more to go. I feel rejuvenated and might be inspired to shop for some new clothes soon. Right now, I'm just cinching the belt a bit tighter.
I posted my goats for sale on CL this morning. I hope that most of them will find homes. The alternative is not really my favorite option. But, the sooner I divest myself of my stock holdings, the sooner I can start putting together a road stake to move down where my daughter and granddaughters are. If the moles won't come to the mountain...or something like that.

You have done well, GW! Keep it up.

It is truly amazing how spending just five minutes with my favorite person in the world can put a smile my face and rainbows in my heart.
Everyone should have a special friend like mine. Someone to comfort and encourage, and someone who makes your eyes light up and sparkle when they walk through a door.
Someone who believes in you and pushes you to be the best person you can be.

Yeah...I had a great morning, as you can tell. :)

A story all the more fascinating when one reads the allegorical plan of the plot.

Too political to post here but .... more here: a full blown parable on Populism.

Fun fact: the original actor cast to play the Tin Man had to bow out of the filming when the aluminum dust used for the makeup caused a severe reaction that almost killed him. His name was Buddy Ebsen and a quarter century later played Jed Clampett.

dzTYpBF.jpg

He lived to be 95 so apparently the aluminum dust didn't cause permanent damage.

Nonsense - the story was written as a script for a Pink Floyd video. :lol:

In the Wicked Witch's death scene look at who says "Hail Dorothy." Yup, Buddy Ebsen!

Forum List

Back