USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, I haven't read any posts today so if I missed something, I'm sorry. Happy Happy Joy Joy. The oncologist today said he doesn't think it's invasive breast cancer, though we won't know for sure until Monday. The Mammogram and ultrasound only showed a thickening of the skin, no masses. So, let me just say, YIPPEE!!!

Monday, when the results come in (hopefully negative), I'm planning on a party. I'm going to get me some champagne and go out to eat some place fancy.
Exactly what I would do ... :thup:

Hey Foxfyre, You asked me the other day if "rage" is a game you would like, but I have got fed up with it because I came to a town where you have to win races in a car to get money for machine guns, and I am a lousy driver so I keep crashing. So I stopped playing rage and loaded" Wolfenstein the new order" today. I have now had to stop playing it because I have a sore bum from sitting at the computer so long. I am really enjoying wolfenstein, and I can recommend it. That's if you like killing lots of Germans.

Well I don't enjoy killing anybody and I can't think of any Germans I'm mad at today. I do enjoy my Rise of Nations Thrones & Patriots game where I get to conquer the world, and if I let the computer choose my opponents it could pick anything from Germany to the Roman Empire to the Mayans--I usually play the largest in scope version of the game so will have six or seven other nations to conquer. The funny thing though is I always choose to be the Americans but that doesn't stop the computer from making America one of my opponents now and than. :) I haven't been able to get it to run properly on my laptop with Windows 7 and Windows 8 is resisting it some on my PC too, but I can usualy persuade it to run with some coaxing.

Okay, I haven't read any posts today so if I missed something, I'm sorry. Happy Happy Joy Joy. The oncologist today said he doesn't think it's invasive breast cancer, though we won't know for sure until Monday. The Mammogram and ultrasound only showed a thickening of the skin, no masses. So, let me just say, YIPPEE!!!

Monday, when the results come in (hopefully negative), I'm planning on a party. I'm going to get me some champagne and go out to eat some place fancy.

Way to go Sheila. If the tests come back benign we will count is as answered prayer. ((hugs))

Tuna sandwich sounds real tasty right now. Alas, being on a strict weight loss program, I am a bit limited with my menu selections. But this program is working and I have lost 35 lbs already, with 15 more to go. I feel rejuvenated and might be inspired to shop for some new clothes soon. Right now, I'm just cinching the belt a bit tighter.
I posted my goats for sale on CL this morning. I hope that most of them will find homes. The alternative is not really my favorite option. But, the sooner I divest myself of my stock holdings, the sooner I can start putting together a road stake to move down where my daughter and granddaughters are. If the moles won't come to the mountain...or something like that.

Wow GW. If you're closing down your goat dairy you really are serious about this moving business huh?

Way to go Sheila. If the tests come back benign we will count is as answered prayer. ((hugs))

Yes, we will. :D and thanks to everybody for their prayers and well wishes.

Okay, that happiness didn't last long. While they'll have the results of the biopsy on Monday, they will not give me the results until Thursday. What the heck? This is ridiculous.

Hey Foxfyre, You asked me the other day if "rage" is a game you would like, but I have got fed up with it because I came to a town where you have to win races in a car to get money for machine guns, and I am a lousy driver so I keep crashing. So I stopped playing rage and loaded" Wolfenstein the new order" today. I have now had to stop playing it because I have a sore bum from sitting at the computer so long. I am really enjoying wolfenstein, and I can recommend it. That's if you like killing lots of Germans.

Well I don't enjoy killing anybody and I can't think of any Germans I'm mad at today. I do enjoy my Rise of Nations Thrones & Patriots game where I get to conquer the world, and if I let the computer choose my opponents it could pick anything from Germany to the Roman Empire to the Mayans--I usually play the largest in scope version of the game so will have six or seven other nations to conquer. The funny thing though is I always choose to be the Americans but that doesn't stop the computer from making America one of my opponents now and than. :) I haven't been able to get it to run properly on my laptop with Windows 7 and Windows 8 is resisting it some on my PC too, but I can usualy persuade it to run with some coaxing.

:eek::eusa_shifty::wtf:

:rofl:

CincoDeMayoFriday.jpg
I ahd one of those today.....after a swim.....was soooooooooo good....:)

Morning all! Today is Lemon Meringue Pie Day. My favorite pie, and dessert for that matter is apple pie, but Lemon Meringue Pie is still quite good...:thup:

Lemon_Meringue_Pie.jpg

Have a great day folks!

Salivate, salivate, salivate....

FOOD!!!

Oh, that just happens to be one of my favorite pies. Coconut cream pie still my very favorite.

To be honest, a great sweet-potato pie with whipped cream and real bourbon vanilla ice cream is my absolute favorite!

And for today's history lesson:

On this day in history, August 15, 1939, The Wizard of Oz premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles, California. Adapted from the 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, it would become one of the best known films of all time and part of American popular culture and remains one of America's most beloved.

Despite a 'perfect' cast of Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Jack Halen, Bert Lahr et al, and accolades for its use of Technicolor, fantasy storytelling, ground breaking musical score, and amazing characters using elaborate make-up and special effects, it was also MGM's most expensive film up to that point. It failed to recoup the investment initially but would make up for that many times over later in subsequent releases. It was first broadcast on television in 1956 and that has become an annual tradition.

It was nominated for six Academy Awards that year. It lost out to 'best picture' to Gone with the Wind, but it won two others including best original song: "Over the Rainbow" that would go on to be highly ranked among the best 100 songs of all time. The film was named the most viewed motion picture on television syndication in history by the Library of Congress (who also preserved the film to the National Film Registry in its inaugural year (1989) for being "culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant." It is often ranked among the Top 10 Best Movies of All Time.

the-wizard-of-oz-original.jpg
I bought the remastered bluray edition of this, and first time I watched it was surprised to see that the Tin Man has a rivet between his eyes. I never knew that until I saw it in high definition.

Last edited:
So today I cut the lawn then decided to trim the hemlocks since it was pretty cool. I set up the ladder and walked in the garage to get the brush hog and the extension chord. when I walked out this guy was heading into the yard,

3-150814200614-2133955.jpeg

.22 with bird shot. He won't want to come back.

We had the coyotes here just causing a total ruckus the other night. They were right here among the houses doing their yipping and howling, and had all the dogs around barking and howling too. Never heard them down around the houses like that before. Usually you hear them up in the hills. I suppose they're always down here roaming around, you just never hear them.

Last edited:
Okay, that happiness didn't last long. While they'll have the results of the biopsy on Monday, they will not give me the results until Thursday. What the heck? This is ridiculous.

They did that with me. Made me wait. And wouldn't tell me diddly squat. They said they would tell my doctor. I was like, WTF? So I had a friend that works in the medical profession call them and ream them a new one...and they told HER...then she called me and told ME.

It is not only ridiculous it is unnecessarily cruel.

It's okay, I called the oncologist, talked to his nurse, and I'll be calling her at 11am on Monday. She's not suppose to, but she'll give me the results.

It is not only ridiculous it is unnecessarily cruel.

It's okay, I called the oncologist, talked to his nurse, and I'll be calling her at 11am on Monday. She's not suppose to, but she'll give me the results.

Yay!

Well people have low priority at the doctor's office silly.

Forum List

Back