USMB Coffee Shop IV

7b75ebf968ffa26c.jpg

I ran across this video at youtube, and found some really neat uses for baking soda "hacks." I woke up for the first time in 30 years with an acid stomach, and found this little gem online. 20 minutes later, I'm feeling a lot better after being tormented for 3 hours with acid in my stomach. This gal has some precautionary uses, because baking soda is such a useful product.

I found another weight loss hack video, and I'm thinking it works, and I'm going to try it.

Okay. you can clean coffee cups really fast with baking soda paste.

The cautionary side of Baking Soda:​

What Are the Negative Effects of Baking Soda?
According to Dr. Sircus, baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, taken at high doses can cause
headaches, nausea and irritability. Muscle weakness, confusion, swelling of the feet and ...
www.reference.com/world-view/negative-effects-baking-soda-8ea2f1d418e7e7ea

Last edited:
OK, team, it's Monday. Let's start off the week with a
Latte Laughs. :biggrin:

Funny coffee jokes​

1. Do you know how many people drink coffee?

A latte.

2. How did the hipster burn their tongue?

They drank coffee before it was cool.

3. When does a person lose their coffee?

After getting mugged.

4. What do baristas say to gossip?

Spill the beans.

5. What’s a barista’s favorite programming language?

Java.

7. How are coffee beans like kids?

They both get grounded.

8. What do you call a sad cup of coffee?

A depresso.

9. What’s a barista’s favorite exercise?

The French press.

10. Why was the barista fired?

They kept showing up in a tea-shirt.

11. Why can’t you trust coffee beans to get things done?

They’re pro-caffeine-ators.

12. What’s the difference between coffee and your opinion?

I asked for coffee.

13. How do Italians make coffee with personality?

They espresso themselves.

14. How does Moses make coffee?

He brews.

15. How does a coffee snob take their coffee?

Very seriously.

16. How does a barista laugh?

Brew-haha.

17. What do you call it when you walk into a new coffee shop but feel like you’ve been there before?

Déjà brew.

18. How long should a cup of coffee last?

The lungo, the better.

19. What do you call an espresso that costs a penny?

A cheap shot.

20. Why did the espresso keep looking at the clock?

It was pressed for time.

There must be 40 more here: 60+ Hilarious Coffee Jokes for a Latte Laughs - Humor Living

Hope your week is a cheerful one!!! Love, beautress

I ran across this video at youtube, and found some really neat uses for baking soda "hacks." I woke up for the first time in 30 years with an acid stomach, and found this little gem online. 20 minutes later, I'm feeling a lot better after being tormented for 3 hours with acid in my stomach. This gal has some precautionary uses, because baking soda is such a useful product.

I found another weight loss hack video, and I'm thinking it works, and I'm going to try it.

According to Dr. Sircus, baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, taken at high doses can cause
headaches, nausea and irritability. Muscle weakness, confusion, swelling of the feet and ...

That's what I have used Baking Soda for as well. It is the only thing that helps when I get acid reflux but my doctor warned me not to use it a lot. Also if you add it to your washing machine along with your detergent you will find your clothes are cleaner and brighter. :) My mohers used it a lot for our dirty play and work clothes.

Last edited:

Yes baking soda should be taken internally with caution but it was what we used all the time before Tums and Rolaids. :)

boil equal parts baking soda and vinegar on the stove for a few minutes to loosen or remove burned on stuff on your pans. Make a paste out of baking soda and scour gently to remove any residue. . . or . . .

I just put baking soda, a little liquid dish detergent, and vinegar in the pan and let it stand over night. Usually it cleans up easily the next morning.

I also use Arm & Hammer toothpaste with baking soda to brush my teeth.

☕🥓🥞 Good Morning all. After my morning ritual, it will be yard work for me all day. It feels good to be back in good health and no pain. Be good to your body and it will be good to you. 🙂
So happy you are feeling better my friend. Why is it we didn't have you on the vigil list? Probably my oversight. But feeling good always is a huge blessing after feeling bad, especially for an extended period.

I was looking for a thread on the natural world. Is there one?

After watching a TV series on wildlife, which showed not only the delightful aspects, such as fox cubs playing, but the dark side: predation, cannibalism-the parent eating its own offspring, alive! The cuckoo sprawling in the nest it’s egg commandeered, the tiny host birds feeding its voracious appetite.

Have lots of questions.

I was looking for a thread on the natural world. Is there one?

After watching a TV series on wildlife, which showed not only the delightful aspects, such as fox cubs playing, but the dark side: predation, cannibalism-the parent eating its own offspring, alive! The cuckoo sprawling in the nest it’s egg commandeered, the tiny host birds feeding its voracious appetite.

Have lots of questions.
Maybe you could start a thread in whatever appropriate forum. Or here in the Coffee Shop is fine if it doesn't get too graphic. No gory or painful photos please as those images are quite disturbing to some and it is difficult for many to get out of their minds.

But yes, nature is beautiful. and savage We marvel at the beauty and abilities of the hawk and the owl but are horrified when they attack the eaglets in full view of the web cam or when our adored gentle feline fur friend is unbelievably cruel to its prey. Or our fascination with praying mantises but it is terrible watching the mating routine on video when immediately after and sometimes during the mating process the female eats the male. I can't watch as the wolves or coyotes or big cats close in on their prey. But it is all the rhythm of nature.

At the same time we see improbable circumstances in which almost impossible friendships develop in nature--a bear and a goat, a wild pony and a stray dog. Wild babies benefit from very unusual adoptive moms, i.e. the tiger that adopts the domestic kitten as its own, a lioness who adopted an antelope calf, the chimpanzee who took a lion cub as her own, the rabbit that took in a baby miniature pig etc.

My policy is to appreciate the beautiful and wonderful, speak out against what I consider inhumane and stupid human activities that compromise or endanger wild things, and kind of scroll over the natural awful parts. :)

Last edited:
Ta Da ... everything's planted and the gardens are looking great!

So what have I missed... :)
Well let's see. My peace lily bloomed finally after nurturing it for two years. I didn't have to take out a bank loan to buy eggs this week. Strawberries are in season. And our former north Texas Panhandle home town got hit hard by a tornado awhile ago. We still have dear friends there, but all seem to be okay.

So how's your week going Lumpy? Always happy when you drop in here.

Well let's see. My peace lily bloomed finally after nurturing it for two years. I didn't have to take out a bank loan to buy eggs this week. Strawberries are in season. And our former north Texas Panhandle home town got hit hard by a tornado awhile ago. We still have dear friends there, but all seem to be okay.

So how's your week going Lumpy? Always happy when you drop in here.
Peace lily .. sweet but as you know, temperamental... I should eat eggs and they are power packed but I'm kinda lazy in the morning and opt. for fruit and some sorta toast (also ridiculously priced though) .. I didn't know you were a Texan but I did notice that homespun loving spirit with just enough sass to keep me honest.. (and I'm glad your old pals are fine..) I used to work summers in Dallas ( my older brother ran a refrigeration compressor business) when I was a teenager (nicknamed "Hollywood") yup, I thought I was pretty cool... :lol:

:confused: < this has been the last three weeks.. unexpected car and (death rattle) jeep repairs but ended up (after some cold slaps of present day high cost realities) .. I'm back to smiling..

So Hugs ... ;)

Peace lily .. sweet but as you know, temperamental... I should eat eggs and they are power packed but I'm kinda lazy in the morning and opt. for fruit and some sorta toast (also ridiculously priced though) .. I didn't know you were a Texan but I did notice that homespun loving spirit with just enough sass to keep me honest.. (and I'm glad your old pals are fine..) I used to work summers in Dallas ( my older brother ran a refrigeration compressor business) when I was a teenager (nicknamed "Hollywood") yup, I thought I was pretty cool... :lol:

:confused: < this has been the last three weeks.. unexpected car and (death rattle) jeep repairs but ended up (after some cold slaps of present day high cost realities) .. I'm back to smiling..

So Hugs ... ;)
Hear, hear Ms. Foxfyre, Lumpy. We're all glad you're back and hope to see more of you!
And while I'm having a trip down memory lane remembrances of all the times you lifted people up, here's a little music for such a trip. I never realized it before, but some musicians bring out laughter in their compositions, but this one touches cheer in the soul, and Henry Mancini made it a hit way back when:

Hear, hear Ms. Foxfyre, Lumpy. We're all glad you're back and hope to see more of you!
And while I'm having a trip down memory lane remembrances of all the times you lifted people up, here's a little music for such a trip. I never realized it before, but some musicians bring out laughter in their compositions, but this one touches cheer in the soul, and Henry Mancini made it a hit way back when:

Hello Darlin.. and a hug to you as well.. that tune is haunting (in a good way) to me, sweet memories of giggling with Mom about chubby elephant butts and listening to Henry Mancini.
I’d like to think I have a positive impact and thanks.

Forum List

Back