USMB Coffee Shop IV

I so understand. My mom, for instance, has been gone for 40 years. The incidents are infrequent and don't last long any more, but there are still things that can trigger almost overwhelming emotion; I can see her doing something; hear her say something.
This is from another group I recently discovered. I think of the joy we will eventually have, smiling as the tears flow down (part of the refrain).

Early here...nearly "get ready for work" time. Just draining that last bit out of the cup..............sun streaming in after a few days of rain.

Bewdiful!!!!! I'll be picking a few figs as I go out the door; morning tea. (have to beat the birds to them though).

Greg

Early here...nearly "get ready for work" time. Just draining that last bit out of the cup..............sun streaming in after a few days of rain.

Bewdiful!!!!! I'll be picking a few figs as I go out the door; morning tea. (have to beat the birds to them though).

Greg
And our new Aussie friend who's today is our tomorrow and as we are approaching early spring, it is almost autumn there.

And our new Aussie friend who's today is our tomorrow and as we are approaching early spring, it is almost autumn there.
Yes; it was quite a wet weekend; nearly 4 inches of rain. Fairly usual for this time of year when we're not in drought. As I look out the Library window I note the cloud has moved back in. Temps in the high 70s F but humid. I'm back in the saddle wrt my bicycle; started yesterday after a Covid layoff...(OK; I got lazy). Will be out for another ride this afternoon...while 'Merca is asleep.

I need a coffee and Morning Tea is still two hours away...THE AGONY!!!!

Greg

Yes; it was quite a wet weekend; nearly 4 inches of rain. Fairly usual for this time of year when we're not in drought. As I look out the Library window I note the cloud has moved back in. Temps in the high 70s F but humid. I'm back in the saddle wrt my bicycle; started yesterday after a Covid layoff...(OK; I got lazy). Will be out for another ride this afternoon...while 'Merca is asleep.

I need a coffee and Morning Tea is still two hours away...THE AGONY!!!!

Greg
California is awash in rain lately, New Mexico remains either dry or snowy. Texas is dealing with unusually warm weather, then ice storms with intermittent tornadoes. Most of the south unseasonably warm, most of the north has had pretty amazing snow. It always seems bizarre but like you say, it really isn't much different than always.

We think inflation is bad here. We can't hold a candle to Japan for pricey specialties. This is an actual photo recently taken by a friend visiting a Japanese market in New York City:
332186850_225138703372267_5903453078279670210_n.jpg

According to my friend that is the price for one melon. These are apparently cultivated in only one green house in Japan with only one melon per vine to concentrate all the plant's energies into a single fruit. The melons are gently massaged and turned daily and are generally given as luxurious gifts to important people. Recently two of these extra superior melons were sold at auction for $22,500 for the pair. Rated the most expensive fruit in the world.
Wow .. it’s the first I’ve been envious of a melon..

California is awash in rain lately, New Mexico remains either dry or snowy. Texas is dealing with unusually warm weather, then ice storms with intermittent tornadoes. Most of the south unseasonably warm, most of the north has had pretty amazing snow. It always seems bizarre but like you say, it really isn't much different than always.
Snow?? I saw that in Europe once. Again in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales but had to drive for two days to get there.

Re Europe. I was in the Lakes district in NW England and I went Hill Walking.........what one does there...with my wife and as we looked over the Valley a Snowstorm was moving in. (Change channel if I've told this one here before). The missus decided to head back to the Inn (literally: the log fire was calling) and I went up the hill for about another half hour. The snowstorm arrived and it was magical; I sat in an old pheasant hide used for summer shooting and looked out in the snowfall and smoked my old pipe; tobacco was top quality and smooth as....until the snowing decided it was staying for a while......so after a while I started walking back to the town but by the circuitous route. I got to the snowline....a very well defined line and did the kiddy thing; stood with a foot either side...until it was all snow and I moved down following the trail. I got bored so went scree walking/riding the loose rocks down to a lower level. Continued on until I arrived back at the Old Inn.

But that wasn't a blizzard; quite a gentle event and definitely one of life's pleasant experiences. May not seem much to a snowed in American but it was interesting to me.

Greg

Last edited:
Snow?? I saw that in Europe once. Again in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales but had to drive for two days to get there.

Re Europe. I was in the Lakes district in NW England and I went Hill Walking.........what one does there...with my wife and as we looked over the Valley a Snowstorm was moving in. (Change channel if I've told this one here before). The missus decided to head back to the Inn (literally: the log fire was calling) and I went up the hill for about another half hour. The snowstorm arrived and it was magical; I sat in an old pheasant hide used for summer shooting and looked out in the snowfall and smoked my old pipe; tobacco was top quality and smooth as....until the snowing decided it was staying for a while......so after a while I started walking back to the town but by the circuitous route. I got to the snowline....a very well defined line and did the kiddy thing; stood with a foot either side...until it was all snow and I moved down following the trail. I got bored so went scree walking/riding the loose rocks down to a lower level. Continued on until I arrived back at the Old Inn.

But that wasn't a blizzard; quite a gentle event and definitely one of life's pleasant experiences. May not seem much to a snowed in American but it was interesting to me.

Greg

I can imagine that one's first experience with serious snow or maybe any snow would be a very nice experience. I was in my late 30's or 40's before I ever saw the ocean. I still remember the rush of feelings when I did.

Very few places in the USA never see snow but it is so rare in the most southerly parts of the USA that many children who have never been north have never seen it. I never thought about parts of Australia never having snow but I guess it is pretty rare in other countries of your latitude too.

Hope beautress isn't have any more problem than computer problems. She hasn't posted in awhile.

And Dajjal hasn't posted since late September. I hope he's okay.
This morning the first repairman returned and said I shouldn't be offline anymore. Seems like I was off more than on for weeks on end.
I really thought this was one of those come-ons for gullible people but I tried it. And it works.
335913740_600532101943872_5887353259910731645_n.jpg
Amazing, Foxfyre! It looked like a portrait on my ceiling! Cool!

We think inflation is bad here. We can't hold a candle to Japan for pricey specialties. This is an actual photo recently taken by a friend visiting a Japanese market in New York City:
332186850_225138703372267_5903453078279670210_n.jpg

According to my friend that is the price for one melon. These are apparently cultivated in only one green house in Japan with only one melon per vine to concentrate all the plant's energies into a single fruit. The melons are gently massaged and turned daily and are generally given as luxurious gifts to important people. Recently two of these extra superior melons were sold at auction for $22,500 for the pair. Rated the most expensive fruit in the world.
Of course, it's a Musk melon. Probably battery operated.

Well...landed on the jury. Was pretty sure I disqualified myself with an answer to the judge.
Gotta burn some vacation....no biggie.

Forum List

Back