USMB Coffee Shop IV

1670137182564.png

Oh! Pot of chili - super!!! :)
I have the same story... when I got a party with local university students :)
It was a day, when we with friend decide to drink a good fresh beer. So, we collected a several of 2.5 pinta bottles to visit local beer manufacture :) But than we took a part at this party, where we combined all our drunks... They took 2 5-pinta pots and in every pots they release two bottles of vodka and then about liter of ours beer to complete volume. And they used ladle to portion this drink...Brrrr, it was cool :)

The chili was delish! mr. boe put a lot of fresh chilis in it - which gave it a bit of a sour aftertaste - so I spiced it up with oregano, paprika and a bit of cinnamon to give it a more rounded flavor. I'm going to add these to my recipe from now on, along with an extra shot of bourbon.

Last edited:
I used to go to a coffee shop that called a "Decaf non-fat latte" the Why Bother?
I used to go to a coffee shop that called a "Decaf non-fat latte" the Why Bother?
Way back in the dark ages when I was in college, seven of us (in one ordinary Buick sedan--you could do that back then) went on a field trip to a national collegiate journalism conference in Pocatello, Idaho (Idaho State University.) We spent the first night out in Denver and that evening went to a restaurant then called "Joe Awful Coffee". I can't vouch for their awful coffee as I didn't have any, but I had my very first mixed alcoholic drink - a daquiri. I was under the legal age to drink which was 21 back then--the only underage one in our group--but when I gave the waiter my New Mexico driver's license it was small white letters on a black background and he couldn't read it in the dark restaurant and assumed I was 21.

I thoroughly enjoyed the daquiri. I've always wondered about their coffee since then.

I grew up drinking tea, there was afternoon tea and after dinner tea daily.

I know it's boring but I'm just waking up and down to half a cup of instant coffee.

I finally decided to give my glasses a second chance so for the last 4 days I put them on first thing in the morning and take them off by mid evening. At first it was pretty bad but over the days my brain is adjusting to looking through them. The only drawback now is when I take them off my "without glasses" vision is getting worse. For me it could take 2+ weeks to get adjusted.

I finally decided to give my glasses a second chance so for the last 4 days I put them on first thing in the morning and take them off by mid evening. At first it was pretty bad but over the days my brain is adjusting to looking through them. The only drawback now is when I take them off my "without glasses" vision is getting worse. For me it could take 2+ weeks to get adjusted.
I have been telling myself to get new ones. The ones I have are the ones I got in 2010 right after my cataract surgery. I think you're supposed to update them more often that that? :) I actually see better without them but have such a severe astigmatism that my eyes get very tired very quickly without the corrective lens.

But I hear you. A catch 22 kind of thing I think probably when the eyes get used to the corrective lens you don't see as well as you did without them but then our eyes don't work as well when we get older and we need the glasses.

I have been telling myself to get new ones. The ones I have are the ones I got in 2010 right after my cataract surgery. I think you're supposed to update them more often that that? :) I actually see better without them but have such a severe astigmatism that my eyes get very tired very quickly without the corrective lens.

But I hear you. A catch 22 kind of thing I think probably when the eyes get used to the corrective lens you don't see as well as you did without them but then our eyes don't work as well when we get older and we need the glasses.
. :icon_rolleyes:. 2010 .. and you're wondering if you need new glasses.. :disbelief:& :eusa_naughty:

Alas .. negotiating a reasonable cost for a medical/optical evaluation and the resulting glasses .. seems to always result in too much..

I remember buying cars for less... :laugh:

Last edited:
Hello Ringel ,:beer:

I have bifocals' which took a few full time days to adjust to but I hear the progressives are much tougher but end up with better all round vision.

Last edited:
I just tried progressives recently and decided I don't like them. I'm going to pick up a new pair of single vision glasses shortly.
My wife adjusted to her progressives years ago and now will choose nothing else, which secretly bugs me because I'm thinking that they are always way overpriced.

Luckily .. I've been married long enough to know when to shut up.. :laugh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back