USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm still not inclined to eat Trix:

View attachment 734543

Trix is a better choice than candy or cookies for a regular sweet treat for kids, but I think a terrible choice for a breakfast cereal. 24% added sugar adds up to every serving being 1/3 sugar plus its loaded with artificial flavors and colorings. Whole grain corn and rice flour does add a bit of nutrition, but there is more sugar than rice flour. But then there aren't a lot of really healthy pour and eat breakfast cereals out there, and the few more nutritious ones cost a small fortune to buy. I would stick to regular rolled oats and cook my own oatmeal for a breakfast cereal.

The ants might be demonstrating a good lesson there. :)

My wife adjusted to her progressives years ago and now will choose nothing else, which secretly bugs me because I'm thinking that they are always way overpriced.

Luckily .. I've been married long enough to know when to shut up.. :laugh:
The progessives I got were cheap. Of course, that might have something to do with why I didn’t like them lol

Salute-600x316.jpg

I almost forgot it friend. Thanks for the reminder. This was the day. All of us are too young to remember the actual event, but when I teach ancient history I teach that memory is a valuable thing, and while witnesses will remember different details and sequences years later, all of it put together produces a pretty good account of what happened.

To illustrate with a younger crowd, I ask how many remember what they were doing and who they were with when the tragic events of 9/11 happened. And they'll all remember a lot of detail.

With older crowds I use the day Kennedy was shot. Same.

And it doesn't seem so long ago that there were a remarkable number of old timers around still who remembered Pearl Harbor just as vividly.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Ringel for continued wellness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for continued wellness.
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Remembering Pearl Harbor Day

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Christmas in Texas
1670397437741.png

Last edited:
I almost forgot it friend. Thanks for the reminder. This was the day. All of us are too young to remember the actual event, but when I teach ancient history I teach that memory is a valuable thing, and while witnesses will remember different details and sequences years later, all of it put together produces a pretty good account of what happened.

To illustrate with a younger crowd, I ask how many remember what they were doing and who they were with when the tragic events of 9/11 happened. And they'll all remember a lot of detail.

And it doesn't seem so long ago that there were a remarkable number of old timers around still who remembered Pearl Harbor just as vividly.
I was 2 years old the day after Pearl Harbor. I was playing on the floor with a toy car and my mother and next door lady were listening to the radio and looking out the window waiting for my dad to come home from work. When he walked in the house my mother told him the Japanese had just bombed Pearl Harbor. I remember I started bawling because I thought she was talking about Baltimore Harbor. And the next day we sat there listening to FDR talking to the nation, telling us that we were now at war.

Note: My good friend and USMB member MJB12741 was born on this day in 1941.
Happy Birthday, Mike! :salute:

I don't remember really. But it sure was good.
I've got a one minute ago :) It was an evil mustard, so my son gave me his portion too.. I've got both!
Btw, good sneak for vodka, but now I prefer Massandra's Saperavi, offcourse - red dry. My wife strongly don't like wines of Black Sea region, so being without her I celebrate the middle of week by more wide sorts, lol :)

The chili was delish! mr. boe put a lot of fresh chilis in it - which gave it a bit of a sour aftertaste - so I spiced it up with oregano, paprika and a bit of cinnamon to give it a more rounded flavor. I'm going to add these to my recipe from now on, along with an extra shot of bourbon.
Oh, yeah, the great choice... My good friend (we lived with him more than year in Moscow, till I've got to me my family :)) was from Kazahstan, so he loved spicy food... Dividing a bottle of vodka with him at evening, I liked hot spices too, especially in Vietnam food... SO no I have Vietnam sause and periodically use it to make ordinar food more hot :)

I do.

I do remember 9/11. It was my first full-day job in new office, where we yet not have an internet... Shocking event...
But some relatives were a witnesses of different historical events, and their impressions and memories are very valuable to know, what was in reality instead of propaganda :)

Been a long week with really bad news changing to good things. 30 November we had a double homicide 3 houses up the street. Druggie killed his ex girlfriend and her mother. But then Santa came to the village on Sunday drove around on a firetruck and then had a picture with Santa at City hall. And yes the local police arrested the Grinch for all the kids to see. Yesterday and today I led 4 of my Legionnaires As we taught a class to 3rd graders about the Pledge of Allegiance... Needless to say it's been a mixed bag so far this month.....

Been a long week with really bad news changing to good things. 30 November we had a double homicide 3 houses up the street. Druggie killed his ex girlfriend and her mother. But then Santa came to the village on Sunday drove around on a firetruck and then had a picture with Santa at City hall. And yes the local police arrested the Grinch for all the kids to see. Yesterday and today I led 4 of my Legionnaires As we taught a class to 3rd graders about the Pledge of Allegiance... Needless to say it's been a mixed bag so far this month.....
You are one cool dude SFC Oliie and I like your pal's too.. :beer:

When we lived in a small mountain resort town in California the voluntary firefighters used to do the same thing. I knew it meant a lot because all the kids and parents loved it

SooOo .. cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to y'all... :)

Finally had my Ortho consult yesterday, it was originally scheduled for Nov 30th but 5 minutes after I checked in their computer system went down and they had to reschedule all of us. One guy was really ticked, he had come up from Alamogordo.......
The Ortho doc gave me two cortosone shots for now, one in each knee and my knees feel sooooooo much better. I'm scheduled to get more this coming April. He told me when the time finally comes I'll need full knee replacements on both knees.

Finally had my Ortho consult yesterday, it was originally scheduled for Nov 30th but 5 minutes after I checked in their computer system went down and they had to reschedule all of us. One guy was really ticked, he had come up from Alamogordo.......
The Ortho doc gave me two cortosone shots for now, one in each knee and my knees feel sooooooo much better. I'm scheduled to get more this coming April. He told me when the time finally comes I'll need full knee replacements on both knees.
Ouch.

One of my sisters had both knees replaced in one surgery session. It was pretty rough for her initially, but she's delighted with the results.

Today we're decorating for Christmas. mr. boe bought a lovely tree yesterday. I'm caffeine loading right now - and then the big project. We're hosting a big family gathering this year, so I want to make it extra special.

Forum List

Back