USMB Coffee Shop IV

Our son has been in the hospital for most of a week now admitted with atrial fibrillation that may or may not have been triggered by a full blown case of double pneumonia. He called and said he's being discharged today--the pneumonia has pretty much cleared up but there are still heart issues. He goes back for a stress test Tuesday. We are very concerned. This is the sweetest, most kind, most generous person in the entire world. The thought that we could lose him is pretty unbearable.
Prayers up for yours and hombre's son, Foxfyre. Hopefully, I think they knew he'd be okay at the hospital that kicked him out to complete his healing at home. :hands: :huddle:

There was one winter night driving up to the cottage before our daughter was born, when the lights started right around Orillia as we drove straight North up Hwy 11. The green and blue "curtains" rippled and flashed for more than 40 minutes, completely filling the front window of the car. My husband finally pulled over in a safe spot because the lights were so distracting. They made a kind of tinkling glass sound. That was the most spectacular display I've ever seen because it filled the whole northern sky. But I've never been further north than Timmins.
Found one for Algonquin Park, Canada. I can't resist sharing it with you and I thought this youtube show was just really wel-done:

1660540841343.png

Haven't been around for a while, hope everyone is doing well. I'm well over the COVID and I'm not getting as tired as quickly as I had been however last Tuesday I over did my knee exercises and I woke up Wednesday with my knee swollen and unable to walk without crutches. Haven't done it that bad since 2012. Basically a few days on crutches then the rest of the week/weekend babying my knees. Finally did some easy exercises this afternoon, all seem fine now.
Friday I noticed the water pump in the swamp cooler wasn't working so I called TLC (they service my swamp cooler), guy came out this morning, replaced the pump and the pump power cord which had been rubbing on the fan belt. It was worn through to one wire exposing it, good thing he caught it. He finished and told me since they service it earlier this year it was covered under warranty, no charge....... I was happy. :)
The Sunday before last I went to Sagebrush Church, a friend who goes there invited me, it was nice. Missed going this last Sunday due to my knees but I was able to watch it live streaming at home. Otherwise my house is still a mess, I still have a boatload of stuff to get rid of and many to dos still undone and a good crop of weeds due to all the rain..... Including a bunch of Goat'shead...... Which I sprayed today.

Prayers up for yours and hombre's son, Foxfyre. Hopefully, I think they knew he'd be okay at the hospital that kicked him out to complete his healing at home. :hands: :huddle:
Actually they didn't kick him out. He could have stayed until at least the stress test. But he was sick of the hospital and the doctor agreed he could go home.

Our son has been in the hospital for most of a week now admitted with atrial fibrillation that may or may not have been triggered by a full blown case of double pneumonia. He called and said he's being discharged today--the pneumonia has pretty much cleared up but there are still heart issues. He goes back for a stress test Tuesday. We are very concerned. This is the sweetest, most kind, most generous person in the entire world. The thought that we could lose him is pretty unbearable.
I would rather you didn't jump to that sorta of conclusion Lady Foxfyre and it doesn't surprise me that you raised a marvelous son.

I would rather you didn't jump to that sorta of conclusion Lady Foxfyre and it doesn't surprise me that you raised a marvelous son.
Thank you Lumpy. I haven't jumped there. But I have worked in and around medicine and medical people too long, know too much, and it while it is not by any means a fatal diagnosis, but what the doctor's have prepared us for is scary until until we know for sure what we are dealing with.

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here.

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
Dragonlady almost done with recovery from knee surgery.
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mindful's daughter fighting COVID.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son for a good diagnosis and treatment plan

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

Nevertheless it is hope that sees us through our darkest times, that inspires us to believe it is worth it to keep trying.
1660716289453.png

Thank you Lumpy. I haven't jumped there. But I have worked in and around medicine and medical people too long, know too much, and it while it is not by any means a fatal diagnosis, but what the doctor's have prepared us for is scary until until we know for sure what we are dealing with.
Well, bottom line I'm thinking .. it's difficult being a loving parent (this I know for sure) .. all hopes and prayers.. (and a hug..)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back