USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been getting led lights lately. a 60 watt bulb may only burn 12 watts apiece. I changed out all my bulbs a couple of monhs back, and it cut my electricity by $200 last month. My house is rather obnoxiously large, but I have a lot of hobbies and still have a large quantity of quilt fabrics around.

My guest friend bought a travel trailer to live in. There are no harsh words any longer, and not even any harsh words at all. He can't hear when I say "hello," and he doesn't bother to ever come across the driveway for much of any reason including to say hi or anything else. I no longer have to take depression meds with no constant critiques to listen to. God is good to me lately. :thup:

I have compact florescents in every light fixture in the apartment. They're 11 watts each - similar to the led's. The first time we did that in our house in Toronto, in 2005, our power useage was cut by more than 1/3, and the light bulbs never burned out. When we moved, in 2014, some of the same bulbs we purchased in 2005 were still in the fixtures.

The issue with the power is that running the entire apartment on one 20 watt circuit is dangerous. Finding out that both my apartment and the one across the hall are both running on that one 20 watt circuit makes my hair stand on end. My brother was a master electrician. I don't know a lot about electrical systems but I know that much.

The fuses blowing are a sign the circuit is dangerously overloaded. There is a risk of electrical fire. The woman at the Electrical Safety Authority freaked when I told her about the overloaded system. She tried to get someone here today, but their inspector had already left my area.

There is to be an electrical inspection of the property on Monday, and if the building fails the inspection, our power will be cut off. In the meantime, the woman across the hall and I turning will on as few lights as possible. The two 100 watt hallogen lights are not on. My microwave oven is blown, and I'll do with for the time being. At least until the inspector goes through on Monday.

I most definitely will not be running both my TV's and cable boxes to watch two different competitions on TV, while ironing in the sewing room, with a load of laundry going, all at the same time.

I have compact florescents in every light fixture in the apartment. They're 11 watts each - similar to the led's. The first time we did that in our house in Toronto, in 2005, our power useage was cut by more than 1/3, and the light bulbs never burned out. When we moved, in 2014, some of the same bulbs we purchased in 2005 were still in the fixtures.

The issue with the power is that running the entire apartment on one 20 watt circuit is dangerous. Finding out that both my apartment and the one across the hall are both running on that one 20 watt circuit makes my hair stand on end. My brother was a master electrician. I don't know a lot about electrical systems but I know that much.

The fuses blowing are a sign the circuit is dangerously overloaded. There is a risk of electrical fire. The woman at the Electrical Safety Authority freaked when I told her about the overloaded system. She tried to get someone here today, but their inspector had already left my area.

There is to be an electrical inspection of the property on Monday, and if the building fails the inspection, our power will be cut off. In the meantime, the woman across the hall and I turning will on as few lights as possible. The two 100 watt hallogen lights are not on. My microwave oven is blown, and I'll do with for the time being. At least until the inspector goes through on Monday.

I most definitely will not be running both my TV's and cable boxes to watch two different competitions on TV, while ironing in the sewing room, with a load of laundry going, all at the same time.
I don't know how it is up north there, but I don't know anybody who still has fuses here. Everybody has breaker boxes--electric overload and the breaker trips stopping all current. Makes it pretty safe. We only had that happen once when house guests fired up two big electric heaters in the back bedroom at the same time. (They brought one with them.) The circuit couldn't handle that so the breaker tripped. That doesn't mean that systems can't be overloaded. In our business, among other things, we did a lot of insurance safety inspections, checking tags on fire extinguishers, looking for specific fire, liability, security hazards. And one check we did was to put our hand on the breaker box. If it felt really warm the system was dangerously overloaded.

Plug everything in via power strips with surge protectors that way the power strip surge protector trips not the fuse blowing. It's not 100% fail safe but it is a heck of a lot better and safer.

Well I'm kinda bummed, I have (or had) Stronghold Crusader (game) on my computers for years, over the last week it's been causing my computer to crash whenever I try to load the game. Tried a couple of fixes, checked compatibility mode and nope, no longer works. Oh well, such is life.

Well I'm kinda bummed, I have (or had) Stronghold Crusader (game) on my computers for years, over the last week it's been causing my computer to crash whenever I try to load the game. Tried a couple of fixes, checked compatibility mode and nope, no longer works. Oh well, such is life.
It’s annoying when a newer, better system can’t play an older game.

Can you get new software? I had a heck of a time getting Windows 10 to run my favorite game "Rise of Nations Thrones and Patriots"--Windows 7 wouldn't run it--but finally persuaded both my desktop computer and laptop computer to accept it. Now afraid to upgrade to Windows 11 for fear I'll lose it.

Can you get new software? I had a heck of a time getting Windows 10 to run my favorite game "Rise of Nations Thrones and Patriots"--Windows 7 wouldn't run it--but finally persuaded both my desktop computer and laptop computer to accept it. Now afraid to upgrade to Windows 11 for fear I'll lose it.
I probably have around 20 games which will no longer run on Windows 7 thru 10. Forgot I still have them so I'm debating selling or donating them.

I probably have around 20 games which will no longer run on Windows 7 thru 10. Forgot I still have them so I'm debating selling or donating them.
I have lots more than 20 games that are too old to run on my windows 10 computer. I also have a zillion tons of software that I downloaded some years ago and most of that is obsolete.
So I still have computers running windows 98 and windows 7 as well as my latest computer running windows 10.

Plug everything in via power strips with surge protectors that way the power strip surge protector trips not the fuse blowing. It's not 100% fail safe but it is a heck of a lot better and safer.

Almost everything in my apartment is on power strips and surge protectors. Both me and the neighbour are using the least number of things possible on that circuit until the inspector gets here Monday.

One of my friends was here earlier and he was saying that a weak or underpowered electrical system is really damaging to your appliances. He said that people have to replace the fridges every two or three years as a result of a weak power grid at his RV park.

Since I moved in here in late 2015, I’ve had to replace 2 laptops and a main microprocessor in the second one, 2 printers my big screen Sony, two DVD players, 1 coffeemaker, food processor, toaster, blender, sewing machine and dryer. The microwave just blew on Thursday. Most of the stuff I’ve replaced was bought after I moved in here. I had previously chalked it up to bad luck, or cheap Asian goods, but now I wonder.

I did some research and found that even with surge suppressors and power bars, unstable or underpowered electrical systems have surges which damage electronics and destroy your appliances.

Almost everything in my apartment is on power strips and surge protectors. Both me and the neighbour are using the least number of things possible on that circuit until the inspector gets here Monday.

One of my friends was here earlier and he was saying that a weak or underpowered electrical system is really damaging to your appliances. He said that people have to replace the fridges every two or three years as a result of a weak power grid at his RV park.

Since I moved in here in late 2015, I’ve had to replace 2 laptops and a main microprocessor in the second one, 2 printers my big screen Sony, two DVD players, 1 coffeemaker, food processor, toaster, blender, sewing machine and dryer. The microwave just blew on Thursday. Most of the stuff I’ve replaced was bought after I moved in here. I had previously chalked it up to bad luck, or cheap Asian goods, but now I wonder.

I did some research and found that even with surge suppressors and power bars, unstable or underpowered electrical systems have surges which damage electronics and destroy your appliances.
My house is a 100 watt and I'd love to upgrade it to a 200 watt but that's potentially a couple of thousand dollars.

Im not in Afghanistan, Im in Austria. But Im on the Internet and the whole world is connected on the Internet. A Afghan can follow me on TikTok online, I dont need to be in Afghanistan.
Austria? Oh, it's such a beautiful nation. *sigh*

1642340741879.png
1642340867627.png
1642340958539.png
1642341005061.png
1642341139322.png

1642341380128.png
1642341272467.png
1642341750796.png
1642342155600.png

Yes. We had a lot of fun computer games that we can't play anymore. That's why I was so tickled to get Rise of Nations to finally work on Windows 10.

You can actually get older games which have been redone or adjusted to work on newer OS's sometimes. You also might be able to run them with a virtual machine.
How to Run Old Games on Your Modern PC

It's a pain to have to find workarounds, but might be worth it for some older games you really enjoy. :dunno:

Forum List

Back