USMB Coffee Shop IV

Consuming that might be considered aiding and abetting.........

I guess preparing it and criminalizing the onions would be considered "contributing to the deliquency of a condiment".

In the midst of all of the frivolity around the blown fuse, my new serger arrived on Friday, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet because my daughter called Friday night to say she was bringing the kids for an overnight on Saturday, and I had to get ready for visitors.

I bought the 2022 version of the one that died and they are very much alike. But I must congratulate the Singer Company. They have made the difficult and frustrating job of threading the serger fucking near impossible.

Using your tweezers grasp the thread securely, put to the left of and slightly behind a thread guide you can't see, and pull it over a looper hidden by the throat plate, and to a grove that only exists in the manual. The throat plate cover pulled off my old machine so you could at least see what you're doing, and where the thread is supposed to go. And grasping thread securely with tweezers is about as easy as herding cats.

I ended up using my fingers instead of my tweezers. That way I could feel the thread guide I couldn't see, and I managed to get the thread over the looper, but I still haven't found that grove where it's supposed to go next. Tomorrow I turn to YouTube for guidance.

Big storm tomorrow. I hit the grocery store this afternoon. I don't need to leave the house for a week. But the Electric inspector is supposed to come tomorrow. I hope he makes it.

Last edited:
I guess preparing it and criminalizing the onions would be considered "contributing to the deliquency of a condiment".

In the midst of all of the frivolity around the blown fuse, my new serger arrived on Friday, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I bought the 2022 version of the one that died and they are very much alike. But I must congratulate the Singer Company. They have made the difficult and frustrating job of threading the serger fucking near impossible.

Using your tweezers grasp the thread securely, put to the left of and slightly behind a thread guide you can't see, and pull it over a looper hidden by the throat plate, and to a grove that only exists in the manual. The throat plate cover pulled off my old machine so you could at least see what you're doing, and where the thread is supposed to go. And grasping thread securely with tweezers is about as easy as herding cats.
BTW I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing at the situation, I've had somewhat similar issues with other things. :lol:

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Hombre's niece still in the hospital in critical condition with COVID.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.
Dragonlady's son and family and her sister for relief/wellness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
SFC Ollie for a successful and trouble free procedure on Monday.
Hombre for successful preparation for his surgery next month.
Gracie and Mr. G for relief, healing, peace, solutions.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

1642402176040.png

Well I'm kinda bummed, I have (or had) Stronghold Crusader (game) on my computers for years, over the last week it's been causing my computer to crash whenever I try to load the game. Tried a couple of fixes, checked compatibility mode and nope, no longer works. Oh well, such is life.
Is it an issue a better adviser online could give you a hint about? I found this by searching: How to play stronghold crusader online? - PC Q&A for PC - GameFAQs

I'm not smart enough to understand the problem, but this site might give you your game back, with a little bit of luck. :thup:

Good night, afternoon, morning wherever you are darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.
Dragonlady for the best possible outcome for her knee.
Ringel - for continued healing and wellness.
Beautress's friend for comfort/healing.
Hombre's niece still in the hospital in critical condition with COVID.
Mindful's daughter for continued wellness.
Dragonlady's son and family and her sister for relief/wellness.
Big Black Dog for the very best treatment and outcome for the rest of his days.
SFC Ollie for a successful and trouble free procedure on Monday.
Hombre for successful preparation for his surgery next month.
Gracie and Mr. G for relief, healing, peace, solutions.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

View attachment 589097
Thanks, Foxfyre. It's one day at a time for me. My "friend" bought himself a mobile house, moved his stuff out of the guest room and parked his trailer next to the arena a week or so ago and it's so funny how we don't talk anymore, but I'm off the depression meds when he had something mean to say day in and day out. I no longer feel tied down to negativity. And I'm going to plant some blue muscari bulbs this new week if we have another day of Indian summer. :113:

1642424044077.png

Everybody remember to send up an extra prayer or some strong positive vibes for SFC Ollie who will be having that heart cath tomorrow. Not his first rodeo and they're pretty routine, but nobody goes into one looking forward to it.
Hospital called this morning. Due to about 15 inches of overnight snow they are cancelling scheduled procedures because Hospital staff couldn't get to the hospital. No clue when they will reschedule.

Is it an issue a better adviser online could give you a hint about? I found this by searching: How to play stronghold crusader online? - PC Q&A for PC - GameFAQs

I'm not smart enough to understand the problem, but this site might give you your game back, with a little bit of luck. :thup:
I forgot to mention I tried the nuclear approach, I wiped all the game's files, redownloaded it from Amazon and reinstalled the one I play the most. It worked. I'm guessing the one that went bad had some corrupted files.

Thanks, Foxfyre. It's one day at a time for me. My "friend" bought himself a mobile house, moved his stuff out of the guest room and parked his trailer next to the arena a week or so ago and it's so funny how we don't talk anymore, but I'm off the depression meds when he had something mean to say day in and day out. I no longer feel tied down to negativity. And I'm going to plant some blue muscari bulbs this new week if we have another day of Indian summer. :113:

Soooo happy to hear that the albatross has been removed. And yes, no matter how much we do or want to care about somebody, nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life and sometimes the kindest thing we can do is remove it or walk away from it.

I forgot to mention I tried the nuclear approach, I wiped all the game's files, redownloaded it from Amazon and reinstalled the one I play the most. It worked. I'm guessing the one that went bad had some corrupted files.
Yay. Every now and then there is a solution that turns disappointment into triumph. :)

By the way Ringel05 which version do you play? Rise of Nations Thrones and Patriots is a war game beginning with an ancient age that progresses to modern times so you begin with bows and arrows and end with rocket artillery and stealth bombers--you build your country and then send your army out to conquer the world that can include anything from ancient Persia to modern Japan.

So would I like Stronghold Crusader? Cab you play it by yourself or you have to play with others on line?

Last edited:
Hospital called this morning. Due to about 15 inches of overnight snow they are cancelling scheduled procedures because Hospital staff couldn't get to the hospital. No clue when they will reschedule.
Well darn. Now you have more days to think about it instead of looking forward to having it over and done with.

Some more flower seeds I'm going to plant into jiffy rounds for planting when spring rolls around. I'm so aching for spring. :)

1642425741885.png
A local friend has several stands of Black-eyed Susans growing around the pasture and front fence. they were breath-taking.
1642425468477.png
My mother grew red cockscombs in her yard every year. Hers were the most beautiful red you ever saw.

1642425254044.png
The University of Wyoming at Laramie had these delphiniums all around the administration building.

1642426044201.png
Lost a pink rose bush in the drought of 2011. I need to get a new bush of them this year. :thup:
1642441198575.png
Shasta daisies were often found in my mom's gardens. We moved once a year every year most of the time, and she left the most amazing gardens for the next homeowner or military base replacement.
1642441841158.png
One thing I miss about Casper Wyoming was a home that, every spring, the most lush showing of orange spider lillies grew 10 deep all the way around their elevated front yard, and it looked classy. I looked for them today, but all I found were dotted orange lilies, so they went into the cart at Home Depot along with a couple of driveway lights to place upon either side of the entrance gate.

We're just about 2 months before the bluebonnets grow along the highways of beautiful, beautiful Texas, and it's our state flower.
1642442278963.png

1642442595417.png
1642442444697.png
1642442386098.png
1642442471110.png
1642442499588.png

Hats off to the memory of Ladybird Johnson who championed wildflowers growing along all the highways in the USA when President Lyndon Baines Johnson shared his bully pulpit with her encouragement of the American people to beautify with flowers the front walkways of their homes with wildflowers.
1642442880696.png
1642442786200.png
1642442818296.png

Beautiful Beautress. I love to plant and watch things grow, bloom, become beautiful. And here I live on the high desert where that isn't all that easy. And in not a dark house but one with few windows conducive to sufficient light for plants so indoor gardening is limited.

Beautiful Beautress. I love to plant and watch things grow, bloom, become beautiful. And here I live on the high desert where that isn't all that easy. And in not a dark house but one with few windows conducive to sufficient light for plants so indoor gardening is limited.
I really get it. We were so dry in our Wyoming years most summers that watering new seedlings twice a day just wasn't enough. In our piney woods area farm, we've had a run of rainy years since the drought of 2011, and you don't have to water but have to be sure you pay attention when things dry out. Probably the soil needs a little help from peat moss because it's one step away from being clay in wet weather.

Just heard that Ollie's heart cath is rescheduled for January 24th. Sucks that it isn't already overwith and he can get on with his life. But another week. . .

Yep 0600hrs on the 24th. I didn't even know they still had an 0600hrs....
I remember those. Haven't seen one in a very long time. But wow. That's really REALLY early to expect doctors, other medical staff, and the patient to be out and about. Or will you stay overnight in the hospital the night before?

Forum List

Back