USMB Coffee Shop IV

Then on the other hand, Hombre's brother died of prostate cancer at a fairly young age. Hombre also was diagnosed with it but they caught it early. And because he wasn't exactly a spring chicken any more, he had the prostate removed and because the cancer had not spread he didn't need any chemo or radiation. That was well over 10 years ago and he has remained cancer free except for some unrelated skin cancers that were easily taken care of. Prostate cancer can be deadly but it is among the more curable of cancers if treated in a timely manner.

I am aware. My dad will have a portion of his prostrate frozen later this week.

This has been a weirdly up and down last few days. Last week, on Thursday, I found out I got a surprisingly substantial raise. I wasn't making all that much money to begin with, to be fair, but still, I got a pay bump of more than 13%. That made me happy, obviously. However, that same day I found out that the friends I lived with in Georgia, before I moved back down to Florida, had to put their dog down (she had a burst gall bladder). Friday morning a friend from my younger years died after a heart attack. My lady's best friend, who she has been friends with since they were young children, has a mother with dementia, and she's not expected to live much longer.

I spent some time with my father and sister today, which was nice. On the other hand, I found out a couple of days ago that my mother and her husband are selling their boat, which they've sailed all over the world for many years.

It's been a strange chunk of days.

This has been a weirdly up and down last few days. Last week, on Thursday, I found out I got a surprisingly substantial raise. I wasn't making all that much money to begin with, to be fair, but still, I got a pay bump of more than 13%. That made me happy, obviously. However, that same day I found out that the friends I lived with in Georgia, before I moved back down to Florida, had to put their dog down (she had a burst gall bladder). Friday morning a friend from my younger years died after a heart attack. My lady's best friend, who she has been friends with since they were young children, has a mother with dementia, and she's not expected to live much longer.0

I spent some time with my father and sister today, which was nice. On the other hand, I found out a couple of days ago that my mother and her husband are selling their boat, which they've sailed all over the world for many years.

Congratulations on the 13 percent raise, Montrovant! :yes_text12:

This has been a weirdly up and down last few days. Last week, on Thursday, I found out I got a surprisingly substantial raise. I wasn't making all that much money to begin with, to be fair, but still, I got a pay bump of more than 13%. That made me happy, obviously. However, that same day I found out that the friends I lived with in Georgia, before I moved back down to Florida, had to put their dog down (she had a burst gall bladder). Friday morning a friend from my younger years died after a heart attack. My lady's best friend, who she has been friends with since they were young children, has a mother with dementia, and she's not expected to live much longer.

Congrats on the raise Montro. Mixing the less than happy stuff with the good stuff does tend to increase as we get older. Hopefully we are wiser and more equipped to deal with it by then.

So glad they provide directions. We probably never would have thought of that on our own.

1614574817336.png

For thousands of years they have lived as strangers among us, knowing us better then we know ourselfes, believing in a God given right to roam the world as if they owned it. Though they fight among themselfes together they stand against the world and the only law is the word of one man. - King of the Gypsies.

Warm Comfort Drinks- my ex- sister-in-law used to, at Christmas time, warm apple cider with cinnamon sticks. I tried but could never quite match hers.

A couple months ago, I tried Tazo tea, Dream label because chamomile is alleged to help you sleep better- not that I have trouble sleeping all that much, but, hey, who doesn't like to sleep better. Right?

Anyway, I've tried other chamomile teas and wasn't impressed, but, I thought I'd give the Dream label a try-

I heat 6 to 7 oz of water in the microwave in a ceramic cup- my microwave is 1100 watts- for 1 min 40 sec
I pour the hot water over 2 bags of the Dream tea to which I've already placed a soft peppermint candy- and let it steep for 4 minutes- comfort!

Warm Comfort Drinks- my ex- sister-in-law used to, at Christmas time, warm apple cider with cinnamon sticks. I tried but could never quite match hers.

A couple months ago, I tried Tazo tea, Dream label because chamomile is alleged to help you sleep better- not that I have trouble sleeping all that much, but, hey, who doesn't like to sleep better. Right?

Anyway, I've tried other chamomile teas and wasn't impressed, but, I thought I'd give the Dream label a try-

I heat 6 to 7 oz of water in the microwave in a ceramic cup- my microwave is 1100 watts- for 1 min 40 sec
I pour the hot water over 2 bags of the Dream tea to which I've already placed a soft peppermint candy- and let it steep for 4 minutes- comfort!

Hombre (my hubby) and I have never been hot tea drinkers until recently and for whatever reason I bought some herbal tea some months ago and we've been enjoying hot tea in the evening ever since. I bought some Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea, chamomile flavored w/vanilla, lemon grass, & spearment. We haven't tried that yet but will report when we do.

Hombre (my hubby) and I have never been hot tea drinkers until recently and for whatever reason I bought some herbal tea some months ago and we've been enjoying hot tea in the evening ever since. I bought some Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea, chamomile flavored w/vanilla, lemon grass, & spearment. We haven't tried that yet but will report when we do.

I enjoyed Celestial Seasons Madagascar Vanilla Red. It's been a while since I've had it, though...now I tend to just put a little vanilla extract in a cup of black tea, instead.

I bought some Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea, chamomile flavored w/vanilla, lemon grass, & spearment
I've done the Celestial Seasoning stuff- it didn't do a lot for me which is why I tried the Tazo- I've never really been a hot tea drinker (except when I was in the Navy and we ran out of coffee once :eek: ), but, I wanted something warm and not prone to stimulating me (caffeine) that I could drink of an evenin' on the patio enjoyin the quite-

the list of other stuff in it: Chamomile Flowers, Orange peel, Licorice Root, Blackberry Leaves, Roasted Chicory Root, Lavender Flowers, Passion Flowers, Valerian Root, Fennel Seed, Natural Almond Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor-

In a line up I couldn't tell you one from the other- but, it's a combination that works for my taste buds and the soft peppermint candy is like icing on the cake, so to speak.

I bought some Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea, chamomile flavored w/vanilla, lemon grass, & spearment
I've done the Celestial Seasoning stuff- it didn't do a lot for me which is why I tried the Tazo- I've never really been a hot tea drinker (except when I was in the Navy and we ran out of coffee once :eek: ), but, I wanted something warm and not prone to stimulating me (caffeine) that I could drink of an evenin' on the patio enjoyin the quite-

the list of other stuff in it: Chamomile Flowers, Orange peel, Licorice Root, Blackberry Leaves, Roasted Chicory Root, Lavender Flowers, Passion Flowers, Valerian Root, Fennel Seed, Natural Almond Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor-

In a line up I couldn't tell you one from the other- but, it's a combination that works for my taste buds and the soft peppermint candy is like icing on the cake, so to speak.

Don't know if we have access to the Tazo but if I see any I'll try it.

Y'all may or may not know that I have occasional lucid dreams....I become aware in my dreams that I am dreaming, and can do all sorts of supernatural stuff.

Have had some fun experiences, odd experiences, and ones that I haven't yet quite figured out.

Now it has been discovered that lucid dreamers can actually communicate with one another in their dreams.

Seems clear to me that our consciousness is something that isn't just something that is reliant on our physical being.

In separate experiments, scientists in the U.S., France, Germany and the Netherlands asked people simple questions while they slept. Sleepers would respond by moving their eyes or twitching their faces in a certain way to indicate their answers.

"Since the '80s, we've known that lucid dreamers can communicate out of dreams by using these signals," says Karen Konkoly, a Ph.D. student at Northwestern University who is the first author on the study published this month in Current Biology.

"But we were wondering, can we also communicate in? Can we ask people questions that they could actually hear in their dreams that we could kind of have a more meaningful conversation?"

Forum List

Back