USMB Coffee Shop IV

Warm Comfort Drinks- my ex- sister-in-law used to, at Christmas time, warm apple cider with cinnamon sticks. I tried but could never quite match hers.

A couple months ago, I tried Tazo tea, Dream label because chamomile is alleged to help you sleep better- not that I have trouble sleeping all that much, but, hey, who doesn't like to sleep better. Right?

Anyway, I've tried other chamomile teas and wasn't impressed, but, I thought I'd give the Dream label a try-

I heat 6 to 7 oz of water in the microwave in a ceramic cup- my microwave is 1100 watts- for 1 min 40 sec
I pour the hot water over 2 bags of the Dream tea to which I've already placed a soft peppermint candy- and let it steep for 4 minutes- comfort!

Hombre (my hubby) and I have never been hot tea drinkers until recently and for whatever reason I bought some herbal tea some months ago and we've been enjoying hot tea in the evening ever since. I bought some Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea, chamomile flavored w/vanilla, lemon grass, & spearment. We haven't tried that yet but will report when we do.
I added Sleepy Time to my little strawberry flavored melatonin tablet & got the best sleep ever. Just sayin.

My bronchial pneumonia is back for the umpteenth time in 3 years. Please put me on the list for waking up tomorrow morning, foxfire. Love yall. ♡♡♡ & have a blessed week ahead. :huddle:

Oh gosh didn't see this yesterday, Beautress and definitely pray you woke up this morning. But onto the list you go. And please be extra careful re exposure to COVID because when it is added to pneumonia, it isn't pretty. We lost one cousin with that combination but so far all our other loved ones, friends and kin, who have experienced that have come through in good shape.

Apologies to all, but I couldn't resist this one for the Coffee Shoppers who like to cook:

1615133476200.png

Warm Comfort Drinks- my ex- sister-in-law used to, at Christmas time, warm apple cider with cinnamon sticks. I tried but could never quite match hers.

A couple months ago, I tried Tazo tea, Dream label because chamomile is alleged to help you sleep better- not that I have trouble sleeping all that much, but, hey, who doesn't like to sleep better. Right?

Anyway, I've tried other chamomile teas and wasn't impressed, but, I thought I'd give the Dream label a try-

I heat 6 to 7 oz of water in the microwave in a ceramic cup- my microwave is 1100 watts- for 1 min 40 sec
I pour the hot water over 2 bags of the Dream tea to which I've already placed a soft peppermint candy- and let it steep for 4 minutes- comfort!

Hombre (my hubby) and I have never been hot tea drinkers until recently and for whatever reason I bought some herbal tea some months ago and we've been enjoying hot tea in the evening ever since. I bought some Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea, chamomile flavored w/vanilla, lemon grass, & spearment. We haven't tried that yet but will report when we do.
I added Sleepy Time to my little strawberry flavored melatonin tablet & got the best sleep ever. Just sayin.

My bronchial pneumonia is back for the umpteenth time in 3 years. Please put me on the list for waking up tomorrow morning, foxfire. Love yall. ♡♡♡ & have a blessed week ahead. :huddle:

Oh gosh didn't see this yesterday, Beautress and definitely pray you woke up this morning. But onto the list you go. And please be extra careful re exposure to COVID because when it is added to pneumonia, it isn't pretty. We lost one cousin with that combination but so far all our other loved ones, friends and kin, who have experienced that have come through in good shape.
I've been staying pretty close to home lately, so my main sensitivity is likely just simple old cabin fever. The few times I go out, I wear professional gauge masks, keep 6 feet away, and get to the store as they open to avoid crowds. And I don't have a fever. Thanks Foxfire. I was going to take a nap.... lol yall have a good day.

Saw this that a friend posted elsewhere, and thought how many other lessons are included in the basic lesson taught here:

View attachment 464886
I'm going to take exception to a couple things here; 1, need is basic; air, water, food, shelter and clothing- everything else is a want/desire-

Words mean things- the meme picture posted is feel good crap, simply because it used the wrong word in the title- sorry, but it is what it is-

The desires are not needs, they are wants- let's look at "asking for your needs to be met"- by whom, from whom? Words mean things. Period. Desensitizing is carried out through words- when one becomes desenstized one makes choices that can be harmful, not only to one self, but others as well- affirmation quotes, spoken aloud, are much more helpful for achieving peace of mind, and, an added benefit is they soothe a savage beast- they redirect, in a positive way, vs what the above pictures (with words attached) do, which is self pity through acknowledging a lack of- whatever-

Be thankful for what you have is a better choice instead of lamenting about what you wish you had-

??? I'm not sure that you saw what this meme was about. It has nothing to do with needs vs wants, but addresses many things that many people do needlessly feel guilty about. I can relate to several. One example: feeling terrible for not inviting a certain person to an occasion because that person generally makes the experience less enjoyable for me and everybody else. I have long aspired to writing a novel and now in my more senior years am realizing that I probably won't ever do that because I am drawn to writing other things. And I shouldn't beat myself up because I don't get a goal accomplished due to lack of passion for completing it. Maybe we all have chosen not to pick up the phone when the caller ID indicated somebody in our life that we just didn't want to deal with at that particular time but feeling a guilty too. Stuff like that.

Last edited:
Have an appt next month to see regular doc. I have a list to go over with her. Lethargy/tired/fatigue/forgetfulness/numb feet and toes/stand too long, left foot goes completely numb/hip & back pain/burning sensation on soles of both feet/sudden appearance of large bulging varicose veins on left front leg/lump in left side of left wrist that is painful/slight dizziness.

My brain feels numb. Can't remember anything any more. Sleep often but it's never more than 2 hours. Sometimes I get lucky and wind up with 4 total hours but that is rare.

I hurt all the damn time. Losing interest in everything. This sucks.
I have another friend with very similar symptoms. The docs can't seem to come up with an answer. She's caring for a husband whose dementia is advancing to the point where he's becoming more than a chore and with her physical problems, she's finding just doing everyday things increasingly difficult. She's afraid to drive and has friends take her shopping. The docs want to do a sleep study on her and tried to give her some kind of heart monitor that didn't work out well, she was allergic to the adhesive used to attach it. She's about your age, too.

Y'all may or may not know that I have occasional lucid dreams....I become aware in my dreams that I am dreaming, and can do all sorts of supernatural stuff.

Have had some fun experiences, odd experiences, and ones that I haven't yet quite figured out.

Now it has been discovered that lucid dreamers can actually communicate with one another in their dreams.

Seems clear to me that our consciousness is something that isn't just something that is reliant on our physical being.

In separate experiments, scientists in the U.S., France, Germany and the Netherlands asked people simple questions while they slept. Sleepers would respond by moving their eyes or twitching their faces in a certain way to indicate their answers.

"Since the '80s, we've known that lucid dreamers can communicate out of dreams by using these signals," says Karen Konkoly, a Ph.D. student at Northwestern University who is the first author on the study published this month in Current Biology.

"But we were wondering, can we also communicate in? Can we ask people questions that they could actually hear in their dreams that we could kind of have a more meaningful conversation?"

I've had lucid dreams for as long as I can remember. Not only do I dream lucidly, if I wake up from the dream, I can go back into that dream and try to complete what was happening to a more lucrative ending.

Busy day and as usual, I am exhausted. Great visit with doc though. She is awesome. She has refused the covid shot and has denied giving it to pregnant women due to miscarriages. She goes to all the medical board meetings and she said 95% of the doctors there have declined to get the jab due to it being AN EXPERIMENTAL DRUG with NO DAMAGES TO BE CHARGED on the MAKERS OF THE EXPERIMENTAL DRUG, and too many women are miscarrying babies after getting it. She said GATES is behind all this crap, along with Fauci, who BOTH have publicly stated (at least Gates has) that the earth is overpopulated and SHE thinks this shot will get rid of old people faster and babies being born so the overpopulation can be lessened. This, she said, is what they talk about at these meetings and in general..they do NOT TRUST THAT SHOT, no matter who makes it. They have no clue what any long term effects will or may happen and it's more risky than the damn covid itself, which is a BAD FLU but nefarious people are using it scare people to take it. Like old people, who do it because they think they won't be able to fly to see their grandkids (Fauci), or eventually buy food or even get groceries. SCARE TACTICS is being used and people are dying not of the covid..they are dying now FROM THE SHOT. And...they won't wear masks because they are worthless. It's all about control and how sad it is that we gave up our rights so EASILY.

This, from my general practitioner. Also from my pain management Doc. I trust Dr. Suez more than I do Fauci.
There's pretty solid indications that Fauci wanted to experiment with covid-type viruses in the US and was denied permission and access to labs where Level 4 disease organisms are housed and handled. He and his study buddies went to Woohan, instead.

Tried making some quick bread, yeastless bread.......... Basically came out like a biscuit in loaf form. Think I'll stick with regular yeast bread.

Anyone have and use a bread maker machine at home? I'm considering getting one.
Not nearly as satisfying as getting up to your elbows in kneaded bread.

That's how I feel about it. As I posted earlier, making bread is cathartic and therapeutic for me. But then I don't have arthritis or other such issues that makes the kneading uncomfortable or impossible.

Back for a visit. Sorry that Gracie, Ringle, and Beau are doing poorly and hope they can get better soon. Don't mean to short anyone else, you are all always in my thoughts.
I haven't been around a lot mostly because my generator hates the cold almost as much as I do and I can only make electricity using a 12V converter and running my diesel truck. Too expensive to do that much. Weekends I've been keeping up with essential chores outside and reading...a lot. My library card is about to melt down. I don't have the space to keep bought books and books have gotten pretty pricey, along with everything else. In the past month both fuel and propane have increased about 15%-20%.
I've been doing well, otherwise. I certainly don't regret the hip replacement. I've lost about 35 lbs because of my de-stressed lifestyle. Who would have thought that another person could cause so much stress! Early kids got here, three healthy survivors and two unfortunates that froze before I got home from work The others were born on the weekend and I was able to bring them into the house to dry off before being tossed outside in the sub-zero temps.
I'm definitely ready for winter to be gone. I'm tired of digging myself and my place out of the snow. This weekend I'll be clearing my hay and woodpile. Not looking forward to Spring cleaning. As usual, heating with wood makes that a joy, trying to get all the soot and ash cleaned up.

Y'all may or may not know that I have occasional lucid dreams....I become aware in my dreams that I am dreaming, and can do all sorts of supernatural stuff.

Have had some fun experiences, odd experiences, and ones that I haven't yet quite figured out.

Now it has been discovered that lucid dreamers can actually communicate with one another in their dreams.

Seems clear to me that our consciousness is something that isn't just something that is reliant on our physical being.

In separate experiments, scientists in the U.S., France, Germany and the Netherlands asked people simple questions while they slept. Sleepers would respond by moving their eyes or twitching their faces in a certain way to indicate their answers.

"Since the '80s, we've known that lucid dreamers can communicate out of dreams by using these signals," says Karen Konkoly, a Ph.D. student at Northwestern University who is the first author on the study published this month in Current Biology.

"But we were wondering, can we also communicate in? Can we ask people questions that they could actually hear in their dreams that we could kind of have a more meaningful conversation?"

I've had lucid dreams for as long as I can remember. Not only do I dream lucidly, if I wake up from the dream, I can go back into that dream and try to complete what was happening to a more lucrative ending.

Ditto!

No sleep last night, sitting in an upright chair all night stopped the wheezing a good part of the night, and I got some serious time on watching a dozen or so of Forensics Files, and didn't see more than one rerun. Thanks for the prayers up. I think it was one of our former regulars, Ernie who used to say "Every day you wake up is a good one." /touch of nostalgia... :thup:
So...anyone ever hear from Ernie anymore?

No sleep last night, sitting in an upright chair all night stopped the wheezing a good part of the night, and I got some serious time on watching a dozen or so of Forensics Files, and didn't see more than one rerun. Thanks for the prayers up. I think it was one of our former regulars, Ernie who used to say "Every day you wake up is a good one." /touch of nostalgia... :thup:
Wasn't that Ernie who dropped in a few months ago after the end of his last important other's company and has a new girlfriend? I lose track lately ...

Wasn't that Ernie who dropped in a few months ago after the end of his last important other's company and has a new girlfriend? I lose track lately ...
No clue. I havent seen him in years. Does he still have his bar? And he has had many girlfriends, lol. Last one I heard about was the one he took in, but then wanted to get rid of her and she wasn't anting to budge.

I think about Ernie a lot but he has pretty well left us for the time being it seems. But the door is always open if and when he decides to reappear. Don't know if he is still part of Doc Hollidays. He was in a new relationship the last time he chimed in here. would be good to hear from him.

I've done that. Had an interesting lucid dream that was interrupted and sometimes am able to get back to sleep and pick it up again. Sometimes am frustrated that I just can't re-create it.

But I prefer those to those that are just awful and you wake up distressed, panicked, exhausted, terrified, etc. and it takes awhile to calm down once you realize you were dreaming.

Meanwhile...I got to sleep finally at 6am. Woke up at noon so I got a good solid 6 hours this time!

Two extra strength acetaminophen PM (Tylenol PM by brand name) usually get me to sleep but don't necessarily keep me asleep. Gonna try the sleepy time tea with them to see if that helps. I don't really have insomnia, but also rarely get 6 to 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep. I am fortunate that if I wake up I can usually go back to sleep.

Meanwhile...I got to sleep finally at 6am. Woke up at noon so I got a good solid 6 hours this time!

Two extra strength acetaminophen PM (Tylenol PM by brand name) usually get me to sleep but don't necessarily keep me asleep. Gonna try the sleepy time tea with them to see if that helps. I don't really have insomnia, but also rarely get 6 to 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep. I am fortunate that if I wake up I can usually go back to sleep.
Know what's really yummy? Chamomile/honey/vanila tea. I think its Celestial Seasons tea. OMG....mix that, or Peach Camomile Sleepy time....and 2 melatonin gummies.

I fall asleep fairly easy. Its STAYING asleep. I am up every 2 to 3 hours. Have a cup of hot choc (ovaltine malted) and another gummy...back to sleep. 2-3 hours later..up again, wash rinse repeat. Up to around 5am. 1 more gummy and Im out til 9 or 10 am. THAT is when I get at least 5 hours straight sleep.

I've done that one a few times.

Forum List

Back