USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have a revised theory: nothing is better than wearing jammies still warm from the dryer while also eating a homemade chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven.

Up late washing a load of whites and hoping the well furnishes enough water to clean them right. Yesterday was a good day. I got 4 more links on the blue fence painted, and am starting to feel the shoulders from all the swishing and swashing with the brush. My sweetie got the concrete base laid for the chicken coop and egg-laying areas. He had no business lifting 80-pound sacks of Quickrete with a really bad knee. Hope he will wear his knee brace tomorrow when he starts the actual framing and roofing the coop. Well, have to check the washer to see if the whites are done and put them in the dryer. Then I'm gonna settle down and get some much-needed sleep. I probably would benefit by taking some Lacticum Acidum for the stiff neck, arms and upper back. It gets rid of lactic acid which forms when you over-exercise body parts, and I sure did.
Good night dear friends at USMB. :)

Hi all, Thought I'd check in see how everyone is doing and give an update. Hope everyone is doing fine.
Last week we signed the wife up with Hospice within the next couple of days we had visits from the nurse, spiritual coordinator and a phone call from the social worker. The social worker couldn't stop by because she's recovering from a broken leg due to a car accident.
By the third day the O2 and an over bed tray was delivered as were multiple medications to help her if she needed them. The O2 has helped a lot, she has more energy than before but honestly she's looking much worse. She's also not able to eat much at one sitting so I try to get her to eat at least four times a day. Today I made one of her favorites, roast pork with an apple, mustard glaze and asparagus topped with parmesian. She's happy particularly since I double the glaze recipe and use it as both a glaze and a sauce.
OMG Ringel! So much too soon. All my best goes out to you and Mrs. R. There really are no words...

Just had another orange glow evening........ Sometimes out here when the sun is setting and reaches a certain point everything takes on an orange tint. Not the sky but at ground level almost like a Cheetos factory exploded and the powder is suspended down at ground level. Kinda cool looking but it doesn't last long.
We call it Alpinglow up here. It is magical.

Guess I should update too. Home will never call, I believe. Its almost 5 years now on the waiting list. But today, I got a letter from an apartment complex here where I currently live. It's 3 stories, and..drumroll..has BALCONIES!!! I won't have a garden, but i can make a small one on that balconey! They said in the letter they want to start the application process of seeing bank statements,Records, etc. because, and I quote " You are near the top of the waiting list and it is now time to being the certification process". This one, we have been waiting since we landed here after the fire. I'm not too excited yet, because I learned a long time ago to rely on nobody nd nothing. So, we will go thru the procedure and wait some more, but at least something is happening!

I have a friend in wyoming that also contacted me a few days ago with a plan. She wants to move to Maui permanently, and asked if we would consider moving to Wyo to caretake her ranch house. I said YES. But if one of the apartments called before this could happen with her, I'd have to take it. However, I can always give notice and move once she is ready for the big move herself. That could take another year, so.....

Anyway....I thought it interesting this happened together within a few days difference.
You know that I am always hoping for the best for you and Mr. Gracie. Did you get the photos?

And so I arrive. So much and so little I can do to make things better for all my CS friends. I am still too busy here. My brothers have been and gone and we got a LOT done. Other things have deteriorated...badly. But I won't bother y'all with my problems right now.
Work is interesting. I always say follow the money. There are so many developments that indicate horrible things in store for us.

Morning greetings!
Another glorious morning in Alaska. It's been raining almost every night but the days dry up nicely. I've been battling the goats to keep them in their pen, they keep jumping the fence and knocking it down. I may have overcome that problem by moving the operational energizer down and energizing their electric fence. I still need to get the worst "old goat" to leave and go back to his place in town. After Saturday's theater and threats, I really, really need him to go away.

I have a revised theory: nothing is better than wearing jammies still warm from the dryer while also eating a homemade chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven.

Wow. I haven't been here for a couple of days but good to see you here Boe. And yeah, those little pleasures are really something to be grateful for.

And so I arrive. So much and so little I can do to make things better for all my CS friends. I am still too busy here. My brothers have been and gone and we got a LOT done. Other things have deteriorated...badly. But I won't bother y'all with my problems right now.
Work is interesting. I always say follow the money. There are so many developments that indicate horrible things in store for us.

Well that doesn't sound good. I guess you can't elaborate?

And when conditions are just right, sometimes our mountains take on that same hue which is why they are called the Sandia Mountains. "Sandia" is Spanish for watermelon.
Here's a picture I took last fall. Finally figured out how to watermark it (to protect my photo).

View attachment 364516

Other than the watermark this photo taken from my driveway is untouched in any way.

That's the 'yellow' watermelon hue. Great photo. The red in the late afternoon, most common in the late fall and winter, looks like this:

1595358368626.png

And so I arrive. much and so little I can do to make things better for all my CS friends. I am still too busy here. My brothers haveT been and gone and we got a LOT done. Other things have deteriorated...badly. But I won't bother y'all with my problems right now.

OK. My usual buyers for excess goats made arrangements to come out and buy some goats. Not usually a problem because I make these arrangements when my "roommate" is not around. Well, he won't go away. I suggested he leave for the weekend, no. I suggested he go to town for the afternoon, no. So he got his .45 and told me he would shoot anyone coming on to the property to kill 'his' goats. He called the Troopers who called me. I cannot do a damned thing, it's his property and they are also his goats. Doesn't matter that they are my goats on my property. He got his way and is now acting like nothing ever happened. When I mentioned a restraining order to remove him from the property, he told me that if he could not live here, no one would and he started talking about wildfires. The threat was implicit. I contacted a victim advocate and was read a boilerplate about my life is worth more than the house or the goats' lives. I need to get out and find a shelter. This will not end well, I suspect. His passive-aggressive has started moving into more aggressive. I will not abandon my animals, he is physically incapable of caring for them. This is a really bad situation.

And when conditions are just right, sometimes our mountains take on that same hue which is why they are called the Sandia Mountains. "Sandia" is Spanish for watermelon.
Here's a picture I took last fall. Finally figured out how to watermark it (to protect my photo).

View attachment 364516

Other than the watermark this photo taken from my driveway is untouched in any way.

That's the 'yellow' watermelon hue. Great photo. The red in the late afternoon, most common in the late fall and winter, looks like this:

View attachment 365730
We call that alpineglow.

And so I arrive. much and so little I can do to make things better for all my CS friends. I am still too busy here. My brothers haveT been and gone and we got a LOT done. Other things have deteriorated...badly. But I won't bother y'all with my problems right now.

OK. My usual buyers for excess goats made arrangements to come out and buy some goats. Not usually a problem because I make these arrangements when my "roommate" is not around. Well, he won't go away. I suggested he leave for the weekend, no. I suggested he go to town for the afternoon, no. So he got his .45 and told me he would shoot anyone coming on to the property to kill 'his' goats. He called the Troopers who called me. I cannot do a damned thing, it's his property and they are also his goats. Doesn't matter that they are my goats on my property. He got his way and is now acting like nothing ever happened. When I mentioned a restraining order to remove him from the property, he told me that if he could not live here, no one would and he started talking about wildfires. The threat was implicit. I contacted a victim advocate and was read a boilerplate about my life is worth more than the house or the goats' lives. I need to get out and find a shelter. This will not end well, I suspect. His passive-aggressive has started moving into more aggressive. I will not abandon my animals, he is physically incapable of caring for them. This is a really bad situation.
Shit, I thought you had gotten rid of that moron.

My 12 yr old Pyr died two weeks ago. She was a great dog and loved her goats. RIP Roxie. I buried her under the floor of the new barn. She'll protect many future generations of goatlings there.
Sorry you lost your wonderful dog.

Also, hope things get better on the homefront. You need to tell an attorney and the sheriff about the threat to burn down your property. Meanwhile, prayers up for your safety. GW. Be sure your title to the property is clear about your ownership. Your partner sounds like a criminally insane person who abuses others and accepts zero responsibility for his threats. If cell phones can record, I hope you got his threat recorded.

Lucky you, boedicca. I'm still on the apple diet, but it's sure making my gallbladder issues recede, and I'm having fewer leg cramps.

Forum List

Back