USMB Coffee Shop IV

Is anyone considering renting an RV for the first time? I never would have considered it, but the idea of flying on a plane for hours with people packed together is very unappealing. I wouldn't want to get one of those big box RVs, but they make some smaller ones that would be fine for two people.

I would; but it’s not going to get me over the Pond.

I wonder if I could hire a raft. Like the Kon-Tiki.

Coffee shop has been a support during lockdown restrictions. Everyone in the same boat. I get cabin fever from time to time. And although there are flights out to certain destinations, I don’t think I could be bothered, with all the fiddling around; masks, check-in machines, social distancing on planes, etc.
No real changes in my life. I'm an essential worker in the transportation industry. Our flight schedules almost doubled and we hired about 6 new mechanics, bought 3 more maintenance trucks and things are still going gang busters. Anchorage became the 1st busiest cargo airport in the WORLD!

Well...tomorrow is the day I send Abby over to Rainbow Bridge. I hav e been putting it off for too long now. She can no longer hold her bladder, she has that double eyelid thing going on, and she rarely wants snuggle time any more. She just sleeps all day and at night, she goes out on her own, but goes next door to sleep under the cars in the water department lot. She's just not having any fun and I have been selfish with not wanting to do this again. I thought Karma would be the last but nope. Now I get to send Abby too. Sigh.
Gosh, Gracie, it just never gets easier, does it? I buried my Roxie today. She died two days ago but I haven't had the time to do her justice. She was a wonderful guardian for her goats. She allowed the little kids to use her for a playground, allowed the moms to push her around and steal her food, if I let them at all. She served 12 years and it was undoubtedly her time and she passed quickly. I buried her under the floor of the new barn. Her spirit will continue to protect many future generations of goats. Needless to say, I am so sorry for your loss.
Sorry to hear of yours as well.
How are things with you? Is the partner gone for good? Are things being more peaceful for you now? I need to catch up I guess. Been hanging out at twitter lately but it depresses me so I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
Partner seem unable to comprehend English language but at least he is keeping his distance. If he doesn't get his shit together and fix that backhoe, he will be kicked out so fast his head will fall off. Having my brothers here did help me overcome my depression and gave me a better perspective on how to deal with things. I managed to rig a shower and laundry and that improves things a lot. I also got three dump runs done. That's a lot of trash and debris. We were also permitted to burn a lot of the "slash" that was accumulating around my house. Things have improved but it was tough to lose Roxie, as you may understand. How are things going for you?
Sucky. I don't know how I am supposed to care for a 6'2 240lb man but its going to come to that. And helpless? He can't/won't even put eye drops in his eyes. Says he can't. More like won't. Big baby.
Hot here. triple digits again. Skeeters. Homeless riffraff getting braver and wandering around in my back yard when the mood suits them. Noisy neighborhood with rap music blasting when its nice enough outside to have a smoke. Tried to quit...failed. Losing Abby, the AC going out, and the non stop every night fireworks STILL going on is driving me bonkers. So..yeah. Life sucks at the moment, lol.

This is an Australian Quokka. A marsupial. Saw some in a zoo and they really do have that delightful grin on their faces.

1594229449484.png

Last edited:
I feel fresh got a fresh cut today sides shaved top 6mm View attachment 360459

Good for you--a lot of folks are getting a haircut after a couple of months of waiting during this pandemic. And welcome to the Coffee Shop Mortimer. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and keep right on joining in.

First timers to the CS receive a complimentary beverage:
1594229831628.png

Well...tomorrow is the day I send Abby over to Rainbow Bridge. I hav e been putting it off for too long now. She can no longer hold her bladder, she has that double eyelid thing going on, and she rarely wants snuggle time any more. She just sleeps all day and at night, she goes out on her own, but goes next door to sleep under the cars in the water department lot. She's just not having any fun and I have been selfish with not wanting to do this again. I thought Karma would be the last but nope. Now I get to send Abby too. Sigh.
Gosh, Gracie, it just never gets easier, does it? I buried my Roxie today. She died two days ago but I haven't had the time to do her justice. She was a wonderful guardian for her goats. She allowed the little kids to use her for a playground, allowed the moms to push her around and steal her food, if I let them at all. She served 12 years and it was undoubtedly her time and she passed quickly. I buried her under the floor of the new barn. Her spirit will continue to protect many future generations of goats. Needless to say, I am so sorry for your loss.

So sorry GW. Roxie was the last of your Great Pyrenees wasn't she? So hard to let them go. Sending you a virtual hug across the miles.
1594230070864.png

I feel fresh got a fresh cut today sides shaved top 6mm View attachment 360459

Good for you--a lot of folks are getting a haircut after a couple of months of waiting during this pandemic. And welcome to the Coffee Shop Mortimer. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and keep right on joining in.

First timers to the CS receive a complimentary beverage:
View attachment 360948

I’d love one of those.

Can’t face going to a hairdresser just yet. You should see my tresses. I’m heading for a California girl.

But I got my nails done yesterday~ a super pedicure. Nothing different. The Vietnamese girls wear masks anyway.

Mom not doing so well... 91 1/2, pushing 92... can't walk and really can't stand anymore, has to be moved around with lift, dimentia getting worse, I think she's just shutting down. I surely would be.

I remember posting on here back in 10/2012 when my Paw passed away. Damn... time sure flies.

Sorry to hear of yours as well.
How are things with you? Is the partner gone for good? Are things being more peaceful for you now? I need to catch up I guess. Been hanging out at twitter lately but it depresses me so I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
Partner seem unable to comprehend English language but at least he is keeping his distance. If he doesn't get his shit together and fix that backhoe, he will be kicked out so fast his head will fall off. Having my brothers here did help me overcome my depression and gave me a better perspective on how to deal with things. I managed to rig a shower and laundry and that improves things a lot. I also got three dump runs done. That's a lot of trash and debris. We were also permitted to burn a lot of the "slash" that was accumulating around my house. Things have improved but it was tough to lose Roxie, as you may understand. How are things going for you?
Sucky. I don't know how I am supposed to care for a 6'2 240lb man but its going to come to that. And helpless? He can't/won't even put eye drops in his eyes. Says he can't. More like won't. Big baby.
Hot here. triple digits again. Skeeters. Homeless riffraff getting braver and wandering around in my back yard when the mood suits them. Noisy neighborhood with rap music blasting when its nice enough outside to have a smoke. Tried to quit...failed. Losing Abby, the AC going out, and the non stop every night fireworks STILL going on is driving me bonkers. So..yeah. Life sucks at the moment, lol.
Damn, that sounds … unpleasant. OK, it sucks! And I think 70F is stink hot. I am truly sorry about Abbie but I am assured that the last part of her life was good, peaceful, and she was loved. You do know you always have a home here. It's rough but fulfilling in ways that townies can never understand.
My cats and pocket pooch have all learned to use the pet door I installed. It makes life a lot easier for all of us. I friend of mine declared that she would worry about her cats, two Munchkins, being outdoors. But you know, with the amount of space around here, I don't worry much about my fuzzies. I do summon them all indoors before I go to work and they all respond. My big worry now is there seems to be a fox taken up local residence. I'm sure two of my turkey hens have fallen victim to the fox.

This is an Australian Quokka. A marsupial. Saw some in a zoo and they really do have that delightful grin on their faces.

View attachment 360947
A quokka, that's entirely new to me. How cool!

So sorry GW. Roxie was the last of your Great Pyrenees wasn't she? So hard to let them go. Sending you a virtual hug across the miles.
View attachment 360952
Yeah, she was a very good guardian for my goats. So neat, watching the kids using her for a very patient playtoy. I had a Pyrenees/Shepard cross pup ready but needed to ship it up from Colorado. Was going partners with another of my goat friends 'cause she needs a new guardian, too. Guess what, couldn't ship the puppies because the sky was falling (covid-19) and we had to wait for the world to end. They are tough to find here and expensive when you do find them. I just hope the bears don't realize there is no big dog on duty.

Mom not doing so well... 91 1/2, pushing 92... can't walk and really can't stand anymore, has to be moved around with lift, dimentia getting worse, I think she's just shutting down. I surely would be.

I remember posting on here back in 10/2012 when my Paw passed away. Damn... time sure flies.
007, I sure hope things pass smoothly for your mom. I know I wouldn't want to be so debilitated but I fortunately have a few years before I get to 90+. Best wishes for you and your mom.

007, I sure hope things pass smoothly for your mom. I know I wouldn't want to be so debilitated but I fortunately have a few years before I get to 90+. Best wishes for you and your mom.
I wouldn't either bro... I wouldn't either. If I ever get that old, which I doubt I will, ahem, and I have no quality of life left and can't even stand, have to be lifted out of a chair and onto a pot or into bed with a big machine, I'm just gonna want to kick off, and I think that's where Ma might be right now, just ready to go. Best thing that could happen is just pass in her sleep, as I'm sure we'd all love that.

Thanks for best wishes, pard.

Seen a lot of death lately it seems... had a friend of mine pass pass away just late last year from cancer of the liver, and another good friend died after he hit a farm wagon. Wasn't really his fault, but he wasn't wearing a helmet, brain swelled and it killed him. Had he been wearing a helmet, he'd be alive today. He wasn't banged up very bad other than hitting his head. And now another friend and neighbor is on his death bed with lung cancer, probably doesn't have long to go... and now Ma too... I mean... sheeeeezuz... people are dropping like flies around here.

So sorry 007. I'll put her on the vigil list unless you prefer that I don't. That's a good long life, but yes, when the quality of life is gone, some just choose not to live on I think. My great aunt who lives here in Albuquerque is going on 93 and still lives alone, drives, etc. But I can tell she is slowing down. No dementia that I can detect but just not as sharp as she used to be. She has nobody left in her immediate family and no relatives she is really close to other than us. Hombre and I are no spring chickens ourselves, and I dread when she can no longer take care of herself. That's going to be tough.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Seen a lot of death lately it seems... had a friend of mine pass pass away just late last year from cancer of the liver, and another good friend died after he hit a farm wagon. Wasn't really his fault, but he wasn't wearing a helmet, brain swelled and it killed him. Had he been wearing a helmet, he'd be alive today. He wasn't banged up very bad other than hitting his head. And now another friend and neighbor is on his death bed with lung cancer, probably doesn't have long to go... and now Ma too... I mean... sheeeeezuz... people are dropping like flies around here.

Well ...I'll wish You and Big Black Dog Happy Birthday..

My parents passed on years ago, Mom 56 yrs. and Dad pushed it to 72.

Me, I figure I've been on borrowed time since I was 49 so I'm still hanging around and feeling pretty blessed about it. I've have certainly cut back on most of the stupid stuff.

Sorry about your Mom and do understand your perspective, my fear is that I'll keep hanging around when I'd rather just go.

When I get to where I can't wipe my ass by myself any more, can't get out of bed, and in general nothing makes me even remotely happy...I'm gonna eat all my meds little at a time but as soon as I start getting dizzy from them, I'm gonna eat a bullet as well.

Forum List

Back