USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hope your neighborhood was as covered in pyrotechnic smoke as mine. ALmost all of the municipal fireworks were cancelled but it seems everyone felt the same,,,it aint the Fourth without real fireworks. SO much law breaking going on it was beautiful. Cop drove thru once around 6 and that was it it.

The wife and I were treated to a wonderful site when we went out on the deck this evening. We have a nice view of Tucson as we live just outside the city limits. We expected to see just a couple of fireworks displays, but as 9 pm rolled around there were at least a half dozen shows going off all at once! Not to mention some locals that got some good fireworks from Mexico that made for some big kabooms. Nice! And what a night, not a breath of wind about 85 degrees and a big bright full moon. We sat out there for over an hour until they were all done.

Coffee shop has been a support during lockdown restrictions. Everyone in the same boat. I get cabin fever from time to time. And although there are flights out to certain destinations, I don’t think I could be bothered, with all the fiddling around; masks, check-in machines, social distancing on planes, etc.

Is anyone considering renting an RV for the first time? I never would have considered it, but the idea of flying on a plane for hours with people packed together is very unappealing. I wouldn't want to get one of those big box RVs, but they make some smaller ones that would be fine for two people.

Happy Birthday to 007 and me!

Omigosh it IS your and 007 's birthday today!!! And may it be a happy one indeed with blessings for many more to come!

1594068369763.png

1594068662384.png

And if our Spoonman is still out there somewhere, it's his birthday too!

And birthday thought for the day, those of us who made it over Age 40 before there was much of an internet are doubly blessed. :)

Is anyone considering renting an RV for the first time? I never would have considered it, but the idea of flying on a plane for hours with people packed together is very unappealing. I wouldn't want to get one of those big box RVs, but they make some smaller ones that would be fine for two people.

In all honesty MM, I'm the wrong one to ask. I've always found traveling in an RV to be less than really comfortable, and I'm one of those who thinks vacations that include a lot of cooking and cleaning, grocery shopping, and laundry aren't really my idea of a vacation. Then there's the hassle of finding places to park, leveling and other chores 'making camp', dealing with annoying neighbors, At least that plane ride is only a few hours and then you're free as a bird to do whatever you want.

Ringel, how are you and Mrs R doing?
We're...... doing....... Taking everything day to day. She's having more problems which means she's taking more Tramadol which means she sleeps more. Matter of fact we have to get her signed up with Hospice soon so they can take over her palliative care (et al).
That's...unfortunate. At least you have access to palliative care. I hope things go smoothly. My heart goes out to you and Mrs. R.

I find I miss having my brother around. He's so upbeat and positive, and full of good advice. He's still planning on returning when I get my surgery set up. He's one of the truly good people on this planet. I am sure that generations of students will miss Mr. ****** and his wisdom.

So glad you're getting that surgery, GW. I bet it will make all the difference in your quality of life. You are still partner free?
Partner wasted no time returning to my place but he is staying in my old travel trailer and keeping his distance. I found out that I cannot use the power of attorney to sign quitclaim deeds. Back to plan A, subdivide the property and file the unencumbered parcels in my name, or my daughter's name. I did win the PCH sweepstakes until I was told I had to cough up $2600 for some kind of tax stamp. Yah, I was born at night but not last night. I reported the scum.

We found a brand new turkey poult yesterday. Funny thing is, the tom has been dead since last Sep. I recalled a term I learned in biology classes and looked it up as it pertained to turkeys. Seems turkey hens are capable of parthenogenesis. One mom, no dad, imagine that. Little tyke is in a plastic tub in the kitchen now. Unbelievable how much noise a few ounces of fluff can make.
Wow, Gallantwarrior, that's wonderful!!! I've been enjoying 30 baby chicks, and just a month later, they're pullets. I've been noticing they grow about a half an inch a day! It started out at Tractor Supply. They had an area with all this little "peep! peep!" going on, although it wasn't very loud since newborn chicks don't have opera skills right off the eggshell. :D

Oh, and I've been offline a long time. My new boyfriend complained I was online just one too many times, when I dismantled the computer and took the whole works upstairs to my late husband's office, where I wasn't going very often since it made me cry every time I went in there. But he's been gone 4 years, and I need to use the space for paperwork that needs doing from time to time. Not much of an excuse, but it's the truth. Needless to mention, I was in withdrawal because of the people right here that I love and enjoy their posts and what they think.

Last week I was hospitalized with a gall bladder problem, and was threatened with a shortened lifespan if I didn't get a surgery last Monday. Since I had to wait 11 hours for my issue of excruciating pain in odd places, I started feeling a little better 9 hours later with no treatment whatever. I was so very annoyed by the time my turn rolled around, I made the decision not to engage a surgeon, but to read up on gall bladder problems and what you could do about it sans surgery. I found several references, and they all said the same thing: apples.

So I'm on the apple diet for 5 days in which I can have apples, apple juice, filtered apple juice, and sugarless apple pie without a crust or topping. <giggle> And today I felt so good I spread 9 sacks of pebbles from Home Depot into the holes created by 3 days of lightening and thunder storms that rained the same amount of water on my little 14 acre place that would have been a flash flood anywhere else. My 2.5 acre lake became a 3 acre lake in the meantime, but it's all good. That was water coming down on us like nothing I've ever seen in my life.

It took me about 3 hours to get myself back online this evening when all the work was done. And I better go get some unfiltered apple juice because it's working. Instead of dying, I think I will be eating at least 2 apples a day as soon as my 5 solid days of apples is over. The darndest thing about apples is that even if that's all you get, you're really not hungry for other foods.

Look forward to getting out there and seeing what's going on in USMB discussions, which I have so sorely missed. Love you all. ~

Sorry you're had the problem with your galbladder Beautress, but glad you found the solution for your problem. Is this the same boyfriend or a new one?
We were engaged for 4 months. The engagement is officially over.
Good choice, Beau.

Well...tomorrow is the day I send Abby over to Rainbow Bridge. I hav e been putting it off for too long now. She can no longer hold her bladder, she has that double eyelid thing going on, and she rarely wants snuggle time any more. She just sleeps all day and at night, she goes out on her own, but goes next door to sleep under the cars in the water department lot. She's just not having any fun and I have been selfish with not wanting to do this again. I thought Karma would be the last but nope. Now I get to send Abby too. Sigh.
Gosh, Gracie, it just never gets easier, does it? I buried my Roxie today. She died two days ago but I haven't had the time to do her justice. She was a wonderful guardian for her goats. She allowed the little kids to use her for a playground, allowed the moms to push her around and steal her food, if I let them at all. She served 12 years and it was undoubtedly her time and she passed quickly. I buried her under the floor of the new barn. Her spirit will continue to protect many future generations of goats. Needless to say, I am so sorry for your loss.

Well...tomorrow is the day I send Abby over to Rainbow Bridge. I hav e been putting it off for too long now. She can no longer hold her bladder, she has that double eyelid thing going on, and she rarely wants snuggle time any more. She just sleeps all day and at night, she goes out on her own, but goes next door to sleep under the cars in the water department lot. She's just not having any fun and I have been selfish with not wanting to do this again. I thought Karma would be the last but nope. Now I get to send Abby too. Sigh.
Gosh, Gracie, it just never gets easier, does it? I buried my Roxie today. She died two days ago but I haven't had the time to do her justice. She was a wonderful guardian for her goats. She allowed the little kids to use her for a playground, allowed the moms to push her around and steal her food, if I let them at all. She served 12 years and it was undoubtedly her time and she passed quickly. I buried her under the floor of the new barn. Her spirit will continue to protect many future generations of goats. Needless to say, I am so sorry for your loss.
Sorry to hear of yours as well.
How are things with you? Is the partner gone for good? Are things being more peaceful for you now? I need to catch up I guess. Been hanging out at twitter lately but it depresses me so I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

She is gone. It was not easy for me, or for her. They couldn't find a vein, but eventually did but they had to give her two shots to knock her out to do it. She fought it. Which made me wonder if I made a mistake. I said so to the vet, but the vet said she was so very dehydrated, and it was the worst they've seen in awhile, and I was doing her a mercy. I doubted it until they finally got the catheter in. Then abby just laid there, aware but unable to move. Vet asked me if I was ready and I said HELL YES IM READY AND SO IS SHE, but I whispered it because I didn't want Abby to see how stressed I was. Just as she injected the finale' shot, Abby looked at me. Saw me. And I think the look in her eyes was relief. At least, that is the impression I got. I told her I loved her, only had her for 8 months but it felt like forever, and I thanked her for being my friend. I reminded her to come soon and let me know she found Gracie and Karma. I called them last night in prayer...telling to please wait at the gate...that Abby was coming. She is family too.

Alley cats don't live long. Lymphoma, cat leukmia, fights with bigger cats, dogs, mean people. Their lives are rough. She was on her own up to 10 months. But for 8 months, she was loved and taken care of. She was only 1 & 1/2 years old.
So many tears for those who cannot help themselves but who rely on us. Hugs for you, Gracie, and for Abbie, too. She was so very fortunate to have you in her life.

Anywho....I got an email from the apts I have been waiting 5 years. They said I was 3rd on the wait list. Then said I was 2nd. Sent out referal letters to past landlords. All seemed like it will go smoothly. Alas...no. The email said not to expect to be moving back home for this year anyway. Maybe next year. sigh.
So..I am doomed to live in this place for awhile longer. Lucky me. Hell, by the time they do call, IF they call..I will be too damn old to drive the uhaul on the 6 hour drive to get there. Plus MrG is all fucked up. Legs swollen, can't see out of one eye, pretty much crippled now he is. Gonna wind up in a wheel chair soon is my guess.

Sorry to hear of yours as well.
How are things with you? Is the partner gone for good? Are things being more peaceful for you now? I need to catch up I guess. Been hanging out at twitter lately but it depresses me so I guess I am a glutton for punishment.
Partner seem unable to comprehend English language but at least he is keeping his distance. If he doesn't get his shit together and fix that backhoe, he will be kicked out so fast his head will fall off. Having my brothers here did help me overcome my depression and gave me a better perspective on how to deal with things. I managed to rig a shower and laundry and that improves things a lot. I also got three dump runs done. That's a lot of trash and debris. We were also permitted to burn a lot of the "slash" that was accumulating around my house. Things have improved but it was tough to lose Roxie, as you may understand. How are things going for you?

Anywho....I got an email from the apts I have been waiting 5 years. They said I was 3rd on the wait list. Then said I was 2nd. Sent out referal letters to past landlords. All seemed like it will go smoothly. Alas...no. The email said not to expect to be moving back home for this year anyway. Maybe next year. sigh.
So..I am doomed to live in this place for awhile longer. Lucky me. Hell, by the time they do call, IF they call..I will be too damn old to drive the uhaul on the 6 hour drive to get there. Plus MrG is all fucked up. Legs swollen, can't see out of one eye, pretty much crippled now he is. Gonna wind up in a wheel chair soon is my guess.
Damned, Gracie! How is he handling this situation? How are you doing? I just wish there were more I could do to help. You are precious to me.

Forum List

Back