USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Easter to everybody :)
29fad80cf24a2cb4fa45be5b839de7d3.png

You could be blond--well, maybe not right now but when the 'house arrest' is past us--Corazon, but my goodness you are a gorgeous brunette. I wouldn't change a thing about you.

You could be blond--well, maybe not right now but when the 'house arrest' is past us--Corazon, but my goodness you are a gorgeous brunette. I wouldn't change a thing about you.
Thanks Foxfyre! I don't think I'm that gorgeous but I appreciate your compliment :smiliehug:
True beauty is from the heart within, no matter the outward packaging and from what I've seen of your posts, you are truly beautiful both inside and out.

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the launch of the star-crossed Apollo 13 mission.

Turns out that a voyage to the moon isn't so ho-hum after all...In fact, it's a little known fact that Apollo 12 was seconds from aborting during its launch, only to be saved by one of the hundreds of supporting cast on the ground and astronaut Alan Bean.....But that's another story.

BEXvoeuCQAEtvgi.jpg

After six days of life-or-death improvisation, invention, and seat-of-the-pants flying of a craft meant to do nearly all the work by automation, our brave and bedraggled astronaut heroes made it home....

760px-The_Apollo_13_crew_following_recovery.jpg

Wow. I had never seen that pic or realized how much Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton, and Kevin Bacon resembled the real Lovell, Haise, and Swigert in the movie rendition. One of my favorite movies too.

I would give odds that more Americans can name the entire crew of the Apollo 13 mission than can name the entire crew of any other Apollo mission including Apollo 11.
They were all my heroes, all the way to the original 7...Very few people know how closely to exactly on the flight plan timeline that everything had to happen, in order to put the lander on the moon and bring it home...The Eagle was down to its last 30 seconds of fuel when it finally touched down...There was no Plan B if the ascent motor on the lander didn't ignite...It was game over for them.

I dreamed of being a jet pilot and moving onto NASA, until that fateful day in HS when it was discovered that the advanced math was beyond my grasp...A bitter pill for someone who always got As and Bs in the subject.

As for that aforementioned near abort of Apollo 12....

Okay take two. . .

Interesting stuff. I love history trivia like that.

I don't have aptitude for advanced math either though I do all the basic math functions effortlessly.

But I would have loved to have been an astronaut. My dream job would be to be a crew member on the Starship Enterprise with Captain Kirk et al.

In the old time line or the Kelvin timeline? :)

Hi Corazon. But you aren't blond are you? A lot of American blondes aren't either. :)

Do they have ya'll locked down in the P.I. like they do here?
Hi Foxfyre!:bye1:
Unfortunately I'm not blond but I've always envy natural blond hair!

You don't need to be blond you're beautiful as you are.

I wanted red. Kinda red, in my beard anyway. Most grey now!

Hi all!

Do you have a quarantine too??? As for me, the third week inside flat, at least, lets me to sleep well :)

View attachment 317579
Essential worker here. My schedule has not changed. As a matter of fact, our flight schedule has expanded as they move as much stuff out of China in airplanes instead of ships.
How do you pass your time?

Oh, this "self-isolation" become hard... Tomorrowwill be a fourth week on remote working. It's strange, but an emotion condition slowly, but getting down... Especially after info, this isolation would be till 30th of april at least... ^)
But what we could do with it?

It's funny. I've been going in to work as normal; I haven't worked as many hours as usual, but I'm in an essential industry. The company I work for actually does testing for the virus. I'd be happy if I could work from home. I worked from home for around 20 years, first doing data entry, then as a nanny. Most of my free time is spent on a computer or watching TV or reading, too. When a situation comes up that makes staying home important, I end up as one of the ones that doesn't stay home, while people who get bored at home easily work remotely. :p
Really true, that. I'd love to work from home. My weekends are pretty much "self-isolated" anyway. There's a reason people live out in the woods, off-grid, and miles away from their neighbors.

There's no any problem to work from home for me, but the volume of job increasing day to day, I don't know, why :) Or, it's just an incremental fatigue :-/

Hi Corazon. But you aren't blond are you? A lot of American blondes aren't either. :)

Do they have ya'll locked down in the P.I. like they do here?
Hi Foxfyre!:bye1:
Unfortunately I'm not blond but I've always envy natural blond hair!

You don't need to be blond you're beautiful as you are.

I wanted red. Kinda red, in my beard anyway. Most grey now!
Thanks Shawnee_b :smiliehug:

Thanks Foxfyre! I don't think I'm that gorgeous but I appreciate your compliment :smiliehug:
True beauty is from the heart within, no matter the outward packaging and from what I've seen of your posts, you are truly beautiful both inside and out.
Thanks JustAnotherNut! :smiliehug:
I really appreciate what you said but I think I'm nothing special even inside! Just an average girl :)
Anyways I agree with you inner beauty is more important than our body :smile:

Forum List

Back