USMB Coffee Shop IV

It would be so sad for me....I really like blond hair! :(:(
Speaking of blondes I have a very good story to tell.
Searching idly through FB for people I know I spelt a name differently and..... up popped a person I knew from 1982.
Blonde, curvaceous, and American. You can’t imagine how delighted I was in her remembering me and accepting a friend request... cos that’s what it is... don’t get ideas guys!

Well, I'm at urgent care. . I got bored being at home so I decided to take the day and go horseback riding. Something I haven't done in a while. It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and started out slowly, but then we went a little faster; before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me. It just wouldn't stop.
Thankfully the manager at the Dollar General store came out and unplugged the machine. He actually had the nerve to take the rest of my change so I wouldn't attempt to ride the Elephant...

Terrible when that happens.

So that's where it all went.
1586572108151.png

Well, I'm at urgent care. . I got bored being at home so I decided to take the day and go horseback riding. Something I haven't done in a while. It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and started out slowly, but then we went a little faster; before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me. It just wouldn't stop.
Thankfully the manager at the Dollar General store came out and unplugged the machine. He actually had the nerve to take the rest of my change so I wouldn't attempt to ride the Elephant...

And to think I believed you were in real trouble there for a minute. You outta be horsewhipped for that little joke. :th_waiting:

And to think I believed you were in real trouble there for a minute. You outta be horsewhipped for that little joke. :th_waiting:
Don't Whip Me Bro!

Hi Corazon. But you aren't blond are you? A lot of American blondes aren't either. :)

Do they have ya'll locked down in the P.I. like they do here?

Hi Corazon. But you aren't blond are you? A lot of American blondes aren't either. :)

My ex wife whom I married just before her 19th birthday was a blonde, a natural Anglo Saxon/Norman blonde, she was a beauty I must admit, she was so blonde she got looks even when out with me. Of course I didn’t mind at the time because she was my wife and nobody else’s.

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the launch of the star-crossed Apollo 13 mission.

Turns out that a voyage to the moon isn't so ho-hum after all...In fact, it's a little known fact that Apollo 12 was seconds from aborting during its launch, only to be saved by one of the hundreds of supporting cast on the ground and astronaut Alan Bean.....But that's another story.

BEXvoeuCQAEtvgi.jpg

After six days of life-or-death improvisation, invention, and seat-of-the-pants flying of a craft meant to do nearly all the work by automation, our brave and bedraggled astronaut heroes made it home....

760px-The_Apollo_13_crew_following_recovery.jpg

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of the launch of the star-crossed Apollo 13 mission.

Turns out that a voyage to the moon isn't so ho-hum after all...In fact, it's a little known fact that Apollo 12 was seconds from aborting during its launch, only to be saved by one of the hundreds of supporting cast on the ground and astronaut Alan Bean.....But that's another story.

BEXvoeuCQAEtvgi.jpg

After six days of life-or-death improvisation, invention, and seat-of-the-pants flying of a craft meant to do nearly all the work by automation, our brave and bedraggled astronaut heroes made it home....

Wow. I had never seen that pic or realized how much Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton, and Kevin Bacon resembled the real Lovell, Haise, and Swigert in the movie rendition. One of my favorite movies too.

I would give odds that more Americans can name the entire crew of the Apollo 13 mission than can name the entire crew of any other Apollo mission including Apollo 11.

BEXvoeuCQAEtvgi.jpg

Wow. I had never seen that pic or realized how much Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton, and Kevin Bacon resembled the real Lovell, Haise, and Swigert in the movie rendition. One of my favorite movies too.

I would give odds that more Americans can name the entire crew of the Apollo 13 mission than can name the entire crew of any other Apollo mission including Apollo 11.
They were all my heroes, all the way to the original 7...Very few people know how closely to exactly on the flight plan timeline that everything had to happen, in order to put the lander on the moon and bring it home...The Eagle was down to its last 30 seconds of fuel when it finally touched down...There was no Plan B if the ascent motor on the lander didn't ignite...It was game over for them.

I dreamed of being a jet pilot and moving onto NASA, until that fateful day in HS when it was discovered that the advanced math was beyond my grasp...A bitter pill for someone who always got As and Bs in the subject.

As for that aforementioned near abort of Apollo 12....

BEXvoeuCQAEtvgi.jpg

They were all my heroes, all the way to the original 7...Very few people know how closely to exactly on the flight plan timeline that everything had to happen, in order to put the lander on the moon and bring it home...The Eagle was down to its last 30 seconds of fuel when it finally touched down...There was no Plan B if the ascent motor on the lander didn't ignite...It was game over for them.

I dreamed of being a jet pilot and moving onto NASA, until that fateful day in HS when it was discovered that the advanced math was beyond my grasp...A bitter pill for someone who always got As and Bs in the subject.

As for that aforementioned near abort of Apollo 12....

Okay take two. . .

Interesting stuff. I love history trivia like that.

I don't have aptitude for advanced math either though I do all the basic math functions effortlessly.

But I would have loved to have been an astronaut. My dream job would be to be a crew member on the Starship Enterprise with Captain Kirk et al.

Hi Foxfyre!:bye1:
Unfortunately I'm not blond but I've always envy natural blond hair!
I mean something like that (see below :biggrin:)
484ae58751438b62f012e110e880d317.jpg
Here we're under some kind of "house arrest" at least until mid April! :omg:

Forum List

Back