USMB Coffee Shop IV

OK people, every darned one of ya pay less for gas than I do here. Just today I passed a station that was $2.39 for regular and even though it was a more expensive station, it usually runs about .20 more than the cheaper places...….so we're still over $2 per gallon, no matter where ya go. And I have NO doubt Cali is probably .50 or more per gallon than we are.
:th_waiting:

But that's the cost of living on a beautiful tropical island with sandy beaches that doesn't have much of a winter...…..

can you tell I'm jealous???

Some 7 or 8 years back I met a Lady and one of her twin daughters when I was pleased to present the daughter a scholastic award at an American Legion Awards Dinner. Instead of the customary handshake I found out it was a family of huggers... Great big full body warm hugs only... I didn't know how special this lady was at the time. Turns out she had just got out of a bad marriage and had received her certification for EMS. She has been doing that ever since. And still every time I run into her here in the ville (Or twice at the hospital) I get that same big full warm hug.
Just over 3 weeks ago she was sent home on quarantine for Coronovirus She was very very ill... 4 people live in her house...

I tell you all that to give a great report. She reported tonight that she was feeling 100%, And everyone in the house has tested negative and she goes back to work next week....
That is so good to hear she's doing better & back at it again.

Hugs are always nice......they make you feel like you matter in such a crazy busy life that seems more isolated...….and I'm not talking about the virus, either but in 'normal' times
It doesn’t happen often, but I find hugs from strangers to be uncomfortable. :p

Some 7 or 8 years back I met a Lady and one of her twin daughters when I was pleased to present the daughter a scholastic award at an American Legion Awards Dinner. Instead of the customary handshake I found out it was a family of huggers... Great big full body warm hugs only... I didn't know how special this lady was at the time. Turns out she had just got out of a bad marriage and had received her certification for EMS. She has been doing that ever since. And still every time I run into her here in the ville (Or twice at the hospital) I get that same big full warm hug.
Just over 3 weeks ago she was sent home on quarantine for Coronovirus She was very very ill... 4 people live in her house...

I tell you all that to give a great report. She reported tonight that she was feeling 100%, And everyone in the house has tested negative and she goes back to work next week....

Hugs are always nice......they make you feel like you matter in such a crazy busy life that seems more isolated...….and I'm not talking about the virus, either but in 'normal' times

True.....it can depend on the stranger, and just how strange they are. :biggrin:

True.....it can depend on the stranger, and just how strange they are. :biggrin:

I want our funny & agree button back.

Apparently so. Been praying for a solution to GW's problems both with the 'roommate' and the weather there. But you would think Alaska being the 2nd largest oil producing state would have lower gas prices. But gas prices are largely contingent on what taxes and special requirements on the formulas each state produces. And you add the transportation and other overhead costs on top of that.

Our son is in the business and he says formulating gasoline for California is really expensive compared to that they make for Texas or New Mexico. Average gasoline price in California right now is $2.95.

Gas prices here are averaging about $1.30 now. We don't have a refinery here but the gasoline is underground piped to us I think from West Texas making the access to it really cheap. Of course Hombre and I filled up last Thursday and paid $1.52. Buying gasoline is like playing the market. You never know when it is going to go higher or lower. :)

I had heard several years ago, that states overall taxes are about the same across the nation, the difference is just where & how they gouge the people, but sometimes I really wonder at the truth in that..

For instance, many states have a state income tax, but have fewer taxes on other stuff. Thankfully, we're one of the states that doesn't have an income tax...….but boy do we sure make up for it elsewhere.

Here in WA it seems we pay more different taxes and higher amounts but without the state income tax...….and yes a very high gas tax rate, right along with state sales tax right near or at 10%, then a 'sin' tax on liquor, cigarettes, etc and somewhere in there for marijuana too, property taxes, etc. It's no wonder we're a high cost of living state, and it all comes down to taxes for nearly EVERYTHING.

We need our Informative button back too.

About 20 years ago I had to work in Derbyshire, finding cheap accommodation near the job was impossible so we sent a guy out...not to come back without finding what us guys wanted.

Later in the afternoon he returned rather pleased with himself, after work we followed him in our vehicles to a nursing home for mentally incapable and old people.
The female owner introduced herself and we were shown our rooms which were exceptional for the money.

We showered and went down for dinner, I must tell you I’ve never eaten so well even since.
A few of her female staff came in and we all got to know each other, the owner gave us each 4 cans of Guinness and we enjoyed the night, one by one my colleagues left and said goodnight.
There was a euro league match on tv, Man Utd against some Italian side on so the owner and I carried on chatting whilst I drank my beer and watched tv.
A little later she turned off some lights to make it cosy and sat next to me, she explained her husband was very old and goes to bed early on an evening and admitted she got very lonely.
She put her arms around me and held me just cuddling, she said “I miss this kind of thing”.
Off course I didn’t mind at all, she had huge boobs, her cuddling me on many an evening was nice, her supplying me with extra Guinness was nice too. :)

EVBLwWqUMAIz3fa.jpg

Well, I'm at urgent care. . I got bored being at home so I decided to take the day and go horseback riding. Something I haven't done in a while. It turned out to be a big mistake! I got on the horse and started out slowly, but then we went a little faster; before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my foot in the stirrup with the horse dragging me. It just wouldn't stop.
Thankfully the manager at the Dollar General store came out and unplugged the machine. He actually had the nerve to take the rest of my change so I wouldn't attempt to ride the Elephant...

Forum List

Back