USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have a drs appt on the 26th, I'll ask about it...although an MRI scares me..not because I'm claustrophobic but because I can be fidgety when told not to move for a half hour...that's when everything will start to itch, lol.

I think I'm not even done with all my wellness tests...I was going to the NP before I had Medicare and supplemental because it was cheaper but I did like her anyway but she left so I made my next appt with Dr. and seems like the ball was dropped on some tests.

Which reminds I have to get blood work before this appt...blew it off last time.

Hubby and friend are taking the car down to the dealer in Sierra Vista this afternoon for an estimate to replace the bumper.
Our insurance will pay for it, we pay the deductible.
They found the car.
It's a custom mustang that belongs to one of our neighbors 36 yr. old son. He was drunk.
He fled and hasn't been found yet.
He was drunk and fled the scene,so he is in a whole lot of trouble when they find him.
That's a felony charge.

I would think it would be hard to prove someone was legally drunk without a breathalizer or even a field sobriety test. :dunno:

Every one in willowlakes and Benson, knows he's a drunk & meth user.
We are all friends of his dad. We really feel sorry for him. His daughter turned out real well, but the son started in high school using & drinking.
Sad.

I have a drs appt on the 26th, I'll ask about it...although an MRI scares me..not because I'm claustrophobic but because I can be fidgety when told not to move for a half hour...that's when everything will start to itch, lol.

I think I'm not even done with all my wellness tests...I was going to the NP before I had Medicare and supplemental because it was cheaper but I did like her anyway but she left so I made my next appt with Dr. and seems like the ball was dropped on some tests.

Which reminds I have to get blood work before this appt...blew it off last time.

I'm sure if I get an MRI my psoriasis will decide to itch like crazy. :p

You may have better supplemental insurance than we do. I don't understand though why the copay on a MRI is so much for us when there is no copay at all on the ultrasounds and Ct scans.

Looks like Mrs. Liberty's knee surgery will be a total of $2,900 out-of-pocket.

Well I imagine that's painful, in more ways than one, but not catastrophic. How is she doing anyway? Rehab is progressing well?

She is doing everything they want her to do exercisewise. Stairs were the big reason to do the surgery and that is still a problem. A couple of more weeks will hopefully do the trick.

Our 25th wedding anniversary is on June 29th but we can't get away because of previous commitments until July 11th. I have booked first class plane ride from Chicago to Honolulu and we'll be staying at Trump's hotel there from July 11th to the 25th. Gonna eat some pineapple!

That sounds great. Maybe you'll meet up with CeeCee at the airport. Looks like you'll be on different islands though.

It's my daughter that's going, I went last September. But who knows, it's a small world and some day we all may pass each other somewhere..might have already and not known it. :)

For instance look at Ernie and Peach here in the Coffee Shop. They met and had an adventure of sort--was it at Woodstock?--decades ago. And all these years later they re-met here at USMB.

Do you have anyone that can come stay with you for a few months Ernie?
I have a couple in the guest house and all kinds of people who cook and clean, retrieve my mail, etc.

That's good news! Are you doing any formal physical therapy yet?
Mostly what I had been doing is exercises to get my foot flat, getting in and out of the wheel chair and shower etc. There apparently has been a misunderstanding. After what I saw as incompetence by the therapist, I called the home health clinic and told them not to send her back again. I told the supervisor what therapist I wanted to replace her. As of today when I had a visit from the nurse, my records show that I have discontinued therapy against medical advice. Apparently,I either pissed someone off or there was a massive miscommunication. The nurse was going to try to get it straightened out and get a couple prescriptions renewed, but I haven't heard back from her. I'll call in tomorrow. Nurses and therapists have a meeting to assess their patients tomorrow, so that may get interesting. With any luck the 4 people on staff that I have had a good rapport with will defend me from the condescending bitch that almost sent me head long down my front steps.
I sure as hell am not far enough along that therapy isn't needed and these 4 should attest to that.
I am minimum a month away from walking unaided. Lack of mobility has caused a lot of muscle atrophy and I will need help regaining my strength.

The wild turkey is back. He was gone for a few days--or I thought he was--but this morning he was full throat when I walked out the back door. News update: He's got a GIRL with him now. I talked back to him a few times, and each time I did he responded with a gobble-gobble-gobble and from deeper in the woods I heard a response from another turkey, but it wasn't a gobble like his--it was more like a bark or a honk, and it wasn't as loud. But every time he spoke, I heard her say "I'm okay."
Could be a long nesting season.
Aww! Just imagine how cute the little pults will be when they finally hatch.
Do turkeys nest in trees or on the ground? So far, I haven't spotted him/them.
Turkeys are heavy birds and will nest on the ground. Where I grew up, they would roost in trees, though. As far as I know, they do not mate for life and a wild tom will move on once a hen is settled.
I have not heard from him or his friend again. I believe you folks were right that he was still roosting in a pine on my property early that morning, a little before sunrise. And if Ma Turkey is settled, maybe he's moved on entirely. A neighbor at most a mile up the road counted a flock of 27 in the field across from them last week. Some of us are beginning to wonder if saving the wild turkey got a little out of hand. In a few places nearby, they had to start harvesting the blueberries early last year because flocks of turkeys were making such a mess of the fields.
Back almost 20 years ago, I returned to Connecticut after living in Albuquerque. I was more than ever into Mexican food and HOT peppers. Come spring, I put in my garden.I planted corn and radishes cucumbers and tomatoes and lots of jalapenos and habeneros.
Soon after getting everything planted, I was invaded by a couple dozen wild turkeys. At first, as soon as they saw me, they would run or fly off, but soon I could actually touch them, they were so fearless.They ate seeds and seedlings and I ended up with chicken wire tents over about everything. They were daily visitors for a month but stopped coming soon after they tried habeneros.

Well, I think I'm all caught up, took an hour to read what I missed yesterday...can't say this is a boring forum, lol.

Actually I've only been on senior forums until now, what's the average age on here if anyone knows?

I love it here though but I'm not sure of all the socks and who is who but I feel safe enough in the lounge and coffee shop.

I need more coffee now....

You are a dedicated Coffee Shopper CeeCee to read all the posts from the last time you checked in here. :) Most just read back a bit and then start in from where they come in. Kind of like if you were joining a regular group in a real Coffee Shop, you just pick up from where you came in. But several do read it all too so they don't miss anything. I try to, but I do miss a page or a post now and then.
I usually skim the last page when I'v been away, but today, I decided to read every post. We'll see in a while how wise that decision was.

17634335_1885175615031746_6883123576179440197_n.jpg

I got a kick out of this one because autocorrect has been doing a hatchet job on my grammar lately. :)

Looks like Mrs. Liberty's knee surgery will be a total of $2,900 out-of-pocket.

OUCH !

I was able to payoff the car 18 months early last month, so it could be much worse. Landscape season is just around the corner too. I need to save up for another business vehicle soon. :( Always something.

Yes it could have been worse.
I'm glad it wasn't.
Just like our new car could have been the same of , could have been much worse.
Since the car was parked in the driveway and on the property, our home insurance is paying for the damage.
We only pay $250.00 for the deductible and our car insurance bill will not go up, if we had been driving. :)

I am going to sign off early tonight guys as I don't think I'll be back tonight. Have a good one. First one in in the morning put on the coffee pot.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Ho Chi Minh City
th

Do you have anyone that can come stay with you for a few months Ernie?
I have a couple in the guest house and all kinds of people who cook and clean, retrieve my mail, etc.

That's good news! Are you doing any formal physical therapy yet?
Mostly what I had been doing is exercises to get my foot flat, getting in and out of the wheel chair and shower etc. There apparently has been a misunderstanding. After what I saw as incompetence by the therapist, I called the home health clinic and told them not to send her back again. I told the supervisor what therapist I wanted to replace her. As of today when I had a visit from the nurse, my records show that I have discontinued therapy against medical advice. Apparently,I either pissed someone off or there was a massive miscommunication. The nurse was going to try to get it straightened out and get a couple prescriptions renewed, but I haven't heard back from her. I'll call in tomorrow. Nurses and therapists have a meeting to assess their patients tomorrow, so that may get interesting. With any luck the 4 people on staff that I have had a good rapport with will defend me from the condescending bitch that almost sent me head long down my front steps.
I sure as hell am not far enough along that therapy isn't needed and these 4 should attest to that.
I am minimum a month away from walking unaided. Lack of mobility has caused a lot of muscle atrophy and I will need help regaining my strength.

You will definitely have to have some physical therapy to gradually get your muscle strength and tone back. What a pain this must be! So sorry, Ernie. Hope you make as speedy a recovery as possible.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Benson AZ
5992130126_1f8512820a_z.jpg
Update on Sachenda's situation, I may already have mentioned this, but my daughter confirmed this afternoon.
Sachenda's husband has been putting off a variety of medical issues, including back surgery for herniated disks (3) while he cared for her. Well, things have reached critical mass and when my daughter offered to go there this summer to help them, he most enthusiastically accepted her offer. That alone speaks volumes because he's always demurred an pooh-poohed any offers of help as being superfluous. My trip to Japan, and China, have now been postponed. I might try to schedule a meeting and a couple of days stay in a transit location for her and my granddaughters. While I will miss seeing them this year (it's been three years since I saw them!!), I understand and encourage my daughter's support of two such wonderful people. Sachenda is not expected to be around much longer and she requires full-time care. Her hubby will be limited in what he can do after surgery. I wish them all the best and hope for the best outcome for everyone involved.
Thank you all for your continued support.

Forum List

Back