USMB Coffee Shop IV

*****PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT******

And hey guys, as innocuous and mild as it is, let's please don't call out folks from other threads in here. We have coffee shoppers who like to mix it up out there but are model citizens in here. And I don't want anybody who enjoys and respects the spirit of the Coffee Shop to feel unwelcome here.

We have seen how hurtful it is when mean spirited people read in here and then twist that information to taunt or torment somebody out there. So we don't want to bring our beefs with folks out there in here except in the most generic form. I don't mind blowing off a little steam now and then when things get ridiculous out there, but we don't want it to be directed personally or any barroom fights out there to come in here.

That's why the rule is, check your spurs at the door when you come in. :)

Thanks.

Sorry...still learning my way around here.

Well, I think I'm all caught up, took an hour to read what I missed yesterday...can't say this is a boring forum, lol.

Actually I've only been on senior forums until now, what's the average age on here if anyone knows?

I love it here though but I'm not sure of all the socks and who is who but I feel safe enough in the lounge and coffee shop.

I need more coffee now....

You are a dedicated Coffee Shopper CeeCee to read all the posts from the last time you checked in here. :) Most just read back a bit and then start in from where they come in. Kind of like if you were joining a regular group in a real Coffee Shop, you just pick up from where you came in. But several do read it all too so they don't miss anything. I try to, but I do miss a page or a post now and then.

Whew, that does make it easier. :)

*****PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT******

And hey guys, as innocuous and mild as it is, let's please don't call out folks from other threads in here. We have coffee shoppers who like to mix it up out there but are model citizens in here. And I don't want anybody who enjoys and respects the spirit of the Coffee Shop to feel unwelcome here.

We have seen how hurtful it is when mean spirited people read in here and then twist that information to taunt or torment somebody out there. So we don't want to bring our beefs with folks out there in here except in the most generic form. I don't mind blowing off a little steam now and then when things get ridiculous out there, but we don't want it to be directed personally or any barroom fights out there to come in here.

That's why the rule is, check your spurs at the door when you come in. :)

Thanks.

Sorry...still learning my way around here.

No harm no foul. And I am so happy you have joined us here CeeCee!

Our 25th wedding anniversary is on June 29th but we can't get away because of previous commitments until July 11th. I have booked first class plane ride from Chicago to Honolulu and we'll be staying at Trump's hotel there from July 11th to the 25th. Gonna eat some pineapple!

Good morning everyone! I wasn't on much yesterday and it looks like you can't miss a day on here...seems I missed a lot. :)

My shoulder was hurting and nothing seems to help when that happens, and it always happens for no reason. I can deal with my back pain with meds but they just don't seem to help my shoulder. :(

So yesterday I just binge watched Netflix.

Why is your shoulder hurting? I can relate as I have had chronic adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder syndrome) for a couple of years now. I've had cortisone shots and a ton of physical therapy, and it still gives me fits at time but I've learned to live with it, still do therapy at home, and hope it will eventually resolve. I've found two acetaminophen (Tylenol) PMs plus a naproxen allows me to get a good night's sleep though.

I wish I knew but I've only had an X-ray and nothing showed up, now that I have Medicare maybe an MRI will show something.

It doesn't happen as frequently as my tailbone pain which is mostly osteoarthritis but it comes out of nowhere and hurts more than anything...sometime can last a few days but this time only a day as today I'm better.

Our 25th wedding anniversary is on June 29th but we can't get away because of previous commitments until July 11th. I have booked first class plane ride from Chicago to Honolulu and we'll be staying at Trump's hotel there from July 11th to the 25th. Gonna eat some pineapple!

My daughter and SIL and their 2 boys are going to Hawaii on Friday (spring break for the kids).

They've been to all the other islands except for the big one. They have a timeshare they bought in Maui 18 years ago and go every July, I've been invited a few times.
First class sounds lovely especially from Chicago...my son also has a time share in Maui but they only go every 2 years because they have 3 little boys and it's a long trip from Chicago.

They invited me last September to go with them...since I live in California I met them there.

When I say invited by my kids I mean it doesn't cost me a penny, they pay for everything...of course I also watch the little ones so they can go out at night and have a few drinks...a fair trade:)

Morning all!

Foxy - I can't stand crows. A few years ago, a belligerent bunch took over our neighborhood. Now, we hardly ever see the morning doves and songbirds that used to nest every year.
You don't have ravens, do you? While reputed to be intelligent, and granted a wide variety of vocalizations, ravens are a PITA. I.E. I always know where my barn cats are by observing where the ravens are harassing some poor animal. Magpies are almost as bad.

No, they are not ravens..definitely a bunch of Heckle-Jeckles.

The only upside is that they've chased away the hideous Stellar Jays who used to be the neighborhood bird bullies.

Morning all!

Foxy - I can't stand crows. A few years ago, a belligerent bunch took over our neighborhood. Now, we hardly ever see the morning doves and songbirds that used to nest every year.

Actually that's mourning doves, with a U. Named for their plaintive wistful sound. :)

Ah, thank you for the correction. I'm not a bird watcher, but I do love those sweet soft grey doves. One year, I saw over a dozen of them in the persimmon tree that hangs over into our yard. So beautiful.

Hubby and friend are taking the car down to the dealer in Sierra Vista this afternoon for an estimate to replace the bumper.
Our insurance will pay for it, we pay the deductible.
They found the car.
It's a custom mustang that belongs to one of our neighbors 36 yr. old son. He was drunk.
He fled and hasn't been found yet.
He was drunk and fled the scene,so he is in a whole lot of trouble when they find him.
That's a felony charge.

Hubby and friend are taking the car down to the dealer in Sierra Vista this afternoon for an estimate to replace the bumper.
They found the car.
It's a custom mustang that belongs to one of our neighbors 36 yr. old son. He was drunk.
He was drunk and fled the scene,so he is in a whole lot of trouble when they find him.
That's a felony charge.

I would think it would be hard to prove someone was legally drunk without a breathalizer or even a field sobriety test. :dunno:

Good morning everyone! I wasn't on much yesterday and it looks like you can't miss a day on here...seems I missed a lot. :)

My shoulder was hurting and nothing seems to help when that happens, and it always happens for no reason. I can deal with my back pain with meds but they just don't seem to help my shoulder. :(

Why is your shoulder hurting? I can relate as I have had chronic adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder syndrome) for a couple of years now. I've had cortisone shots and a ton of physical therapy, and it still gives me fits at time but I've learned to live with it, still do therapy at home, and hope it will eventually resolve. I've found two acetaminophen (Tylenol) PMs plus a naproxen allows me to get a good night's sleep though.

I wish I knew but I've only had an X-ray and nothing showed up, now that I have Medicare maybe an MRI will show something.

It doesn't happen as frequently as my tailbone pain which is mostly osteoarthritis but it comes out of nowhere and hurts more than anything...sometime can last a few days but this time only a day as today I'm better.

I have had CT scans and ultrasounds on mine that showed nothing. Since the orthopedic thinks it isn't a surgical problem, I haven't had an MRI since even with Medicare and my supplemental insurance, there is a $200 copay.

They found the car.
That's a felony charge.

I would think it would be hard to prove someone was legally drunk without a breathalizer or even a field sobriety test. :dunno:

Being drunk is the least of his problems though. Theft plus fleeing the scene of an accident puts a person in a heap of trouble and the circumstantial evidence is pretty damning here..

That sounds great. Maybe you'll meet up with CeeCee at the airport. Looks like you'll be on different islands though.

My daughter and SIL and their 2 boys are going to Hawaii on Friday (spring break for the kids).

They've been to all the other islands except for the big one. They have a timeshare they bought in Maui 18 years ago and go every July, I've been invited a few times.
First class sounds lovely especially from Chicago...my son also has a time share in Maui but they only go every 2 years because they have 3 little boys and it's a long trip from Chicago.

They invited me last September to go with them...since I live in California I met them there.

When I say invited by my kids I mean it doesn't cost me a penny, they pay for everything...of course I also watch the little ones so they can go out at night and have a few drinks...a fair trade:)

Sounds terrific. Isn't it great when the kids are well off and willing to share? :) Our kids treated us to an Alaskan cruise awhile back and that only cost us our airfare to Anchorage, and then home from Vancouver.

Sounds terrific. Isn't it great when the kids are well off and willing to share? :) Our kids treated us to an Alaskan cruise awhile back and that only cost us our airfare to Anchorage, and then home from Vancouver.

LOL, it's the other way around for me. I'm poor, my mom is the well off one. :D

LOL, it's the other way around for me. I'm poor, my mom is the well off one. :D

Lol, as long as there's someone with money willing to help out!

That sounds great. Maybe you'll meet up with CeeCee at the airport. Looks like you'll be on different islands though.

It's my daughter that's going, I went last September. But who knows, it's a small world and some day we all may pass each other somewhere..might have already and not known it. :)

I have had CT scans and ultrasounds on mine that showed nothing. Since the orthopedic thinks it isn't a surgical problem, I haven't had an MRI since even with Medicare and my supplemental insurance, there is a $200 copay.

I'd have to look to see if I have a copay for an MRI and how much it is. Just got on Medicare last year and so far have used it for drs appts and prescriptions and my wellness tests and I've had to pay very little out of pocket so far...mainly $5 for meds.

I'd have to look to see if I have a copay for an MRI and how much it is. Just got on Medicare last year and so far have used it for drs appts and prescriptions and my wellness tests and I've had to pay very little out of pocket so far...mainly $5 for meds.

$1600 before insurance adjustment, after it was $97.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back