Use your MIND!!

Miss........One of the "cosmetic" differences between hunting and assult weapons that I don't much care for or see as legitimate in ANY sense of the word is the "folding stock". Do you remember those bank robbers who had the police in L.A. TOTALLY out gunned? Body armor machine guns and PLENTY of ammo. The police had to get weapons from a gun store to hold them off........You will have a VERY hard time to convince me a "folding stock" has any legitimate value.

With the stock folded it is much easier to pack on your 4 wheeler and carry up into your tree stand.

for hunting in my state you are limited to a 10 round magazine anyway for deer, which exempts most assault weaponns. And I think Shotguns are limited to 3 round cap for small game and such.

Last edited:
Well, I read the five pages so far and no one mentioned whether ammunition is Constitutionally protected. Oh sure, keep your guns, we just made the bullets illegal. Personally I don't think you can bear arms effectively without ammunition, so I'm inclined to say it is protected. Take my guns, you silly dead liberals.

I guess the point I am trying to make is........If this is about 2nd ammendment rights.......If this is about standing against an oppresive gov't......Then we might as well have Bow and Arrows and SPEARS to fight off a gov't with the type of weaponry at their disposal. The founding fathers wanted the populace to be able to stand against the gov't but at the time it would have been musket vs musket not AR-15 vs 500 pound bombs. Machine guns vs armored vehicles. NOTHING vs A-10 warhog. The only way the argument of standing against an oppresive gov't makes sense if we have COMPERABLE WAEPONS which I don't see too many people advocating for, though a privately owned A-10 w/ depleted urainium shells vs a row of gov't tanks on their way to Whereeverthefuck Iowa does sound pretty fucking patriotic. :)

That's not true...the revolutionary war was fought with artillery, bomb, warships and other advanced weaponry of the time.

As for armored vehicles, A-10's, tanks, attack choppers, stealth bombers, self propelled artillery, and every advanced weapon in the US arsenal, don't we have all of those in Iraq?

And the Iraqi insurgents had none of them.

And yet the Democrats declared we were in a quagmire and Harry Reid conceded defeat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDOAmJYFFA[/ame]

Just an example.

Miss........One of the "cosmetic" differences between hunting and assult weapons that I don't much care for or see as legitimate in ANY sense of the word is the "folding stock". Do you remember those bank robbers who had the police in L.A. TOTALLY out gunned? Body armor machine guns and PLENTY of ammo. The police had to get weapons from a gun store to hold them off........You will have a VERY hard time to convince me a "folding stock" has any legitimate value.

1. Those bank robbers had illegal automatic weapons. Folding stocks had nothing to do with it.

2. My AR15 does not have a folding stock, yet it was banned.

3. You would have a have a hard time convincing me a sports car has any legitimate value, they promote reckless driving, speeding, racing and increase pollution...does that mean we should ban them?

4. This is all deflection from the OP.

Last edited:
Face it NOBODY is EVER coming for your guns unless you are a convicted FELON!!! NEVER EVER EVER will it happen. Now you can allow yourselves to be whipped into a frenzy about this RIGHT WING LIE or you can wake the fuck up and understand that this is the threat to keep you sheeple in line with the Republican agenda which has VERY LITTLE to do with guns.

FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18
18. Illinois Senate Judiciary Committee, March 13, 2003. To see the vote tally go to: http://www.nrapvf.org/Media/pdf/sb1195_obama.pdf.

Gun BaN Obama

BUT THEY WEREN"T CONFISCATED that is my point.

Our 2nd Amendment freedoms, like all our rights, are only secured by the peoples eternal vigilance in protecting them from infringement.

When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually. . . .

Last edited:

Do you honestly think that criminals who are as willing, and determined, to do their crime as those bank robbers were are going to give a fuck about any gun law that you pass?

Do you honestly think that criminals who are as willing, and determined, to do their crime as those bank robbers were are going to give a fuck about any gun law that you pass?

Exactly, excellent point.

Yes you CAN own an automatic weapon after a background check that will make you last prostrate exam feel uninvasive. I think you ALSO have to........OMG.........Register automatic weapons. Am I mistaken?

Can we own the anti-tank weapon or the anti-aircraft missile? The tank.....the Harrier in your back yard with full compliment of weaponry.

I know this is a slippery slope argument but I guess I am just trying to illustrate that even the most rabid NRA member would see some weaponry as out of bounds for personal use.

Though I have to admit a Harrier in the back yard would be cool. I would take out my road rage on anyone driving down I-84 in the left lane BELOW the speed limit.

I'm not seeing your point Fusion.

None of those things are firearms.

Watch the video I posted.

The only difference between a so-called assault weapon and a semi automatic hunting rifle is cosmetic.

[youtube]YjM9fcEzSJ0[/youtube]

And yet, they were banned, and President Obama voted to ban and confiscate them.

That is reason enough for me to be extra vigilant in protecting my 2nd amendment rights.

Fact: President Obama did not vote to ban guns. State senator Obama did.

Are they separate people?

The POINT is that if the FF wanted the populace to be able to stand and overthroigh an oppessive gov't that is WHY we have the 2nd ammendment. So since THAT is the reason for the 2nd ammendment as is writen then HOW is it applicable today?

Now understand I am 100% for American's right to own arms but I think people are using a VERY outdated justification. Although civilians would kill tens or hundreds off thousands of of troops it would not take long to systematically round up guns......................We could fight back for sure and stand bravely side by side one another and fight the GOOD fight but if push came to shove our military could confiscate about 90% in the first couple of months.

Well hell we could ALL use more guns don't get me wrong but if you REALLY think the big bad gubmunt iz comin fer yer guns then you are a fucking fool/tool.

Yes toolz of the NRA and the Right.

The NRA's tactics is why I will never be a member.

I am a gun owner, shooter and combat vet.

Playing Call of Duty doesn't count for you being a "combat vet".

With the stock folded it is much easier to pack on your 4 wheeler and carry up into your tree stand.

for hunting in my state you are limited to a 10 round magazine anyway for deer, which exempts most assault weaponns. And I think Shotguns are limited to 3 round cap for small game and such.

Wrong!!! Most so called "assault weapons" have low cap mags.

The POINT is that if the FF wanted the populace to be able to stand and overthroigh an oppessive gov't that is WHY we have the 2nd ammendment. So since THAT is the reason for the 2nd ammendment as is writen then HOW is it applicable today?

Now understand I am 100% for American's right to own arms but I think people are using a VERY outdated justification. Although civilians would kill tens or hundreds off thousands of of troops it would not take long to systematically round up guns......................We could fight back for sure and stand bravely side by side one another and fight the GOOD fight but if push came to shove our military could confiscate about 90% in the first couple of months.

Even if 100% of the armed forces backed a tyrannical government, which would not happen today, if civilians killed hundreds of thousands of troops, there wouldn't be enough left to systematically do anything but surrender.
As of February 28, 2009:

A total of 1,083,027 personnel are on active duty within the United States and its territories (including those afloat):[19]

The vast majority, 883,430 of them, are stationed at various bases within the Contiguous United States. There are an additional 36,827 in Hawaii and 19,828 in Alaska. 90,218 are at sea while there are 2,970 in Guam and 137 in Puerto Rico..

There are 250+ million privately-owned firearms in the United States..

There are 25 million military veterans in the U.S.

Fifteen million of them are under 65.

There are roughly 18 million registered hunters in the United states.

Privately owned firearms make up the check and balance of last resort against breach of Constitutional protection by government.

The Second Amendment is the right that gives the other nine teeth.

Last edited:

Even if 100% of the armed forces backed a tyrannical government, which would not happen today, if civilians killed hundreds of thousands of troops, there wouldn't be enough left to systematically do anything but surrender.
As of February 28, 2009:

A total of 1,083,027 personnel are on active duty within the United States and its territories (including those afloat):[19]

The vast majority, 883,430 of them, are stationed at various bases within the Contiguous United States. There are an additional 36,827 in Hawaii and 19,828 in Alaska. 90,218 are at sea while there are 2,970 in Guam and 137 in Puerto Rico..

Privately owned firearms make up the check and balance of last resort against breach of Constitutional protection by government.

Well I don't know what kind of gun YOU have but I doubt it would be much good against a tank or an A-10 leveling your house from a thousand feet?

I have it under good authority that Obama is going to take your guns.

Time to build up your arsenal and hide in the basement....they ARE coming

As of February 28, 2009:

Well I don't know what kind of gun YOU have but I doubt it would be much good against a tank or an A-10 leveling your house from a thousand feet?

As for armored vehicles, A-10's, tanks, attack choppers, stealth bombers, self propelled artillery, and every advanced weapon in the US arsenal, don't we have all of those in Iraq?

And the Iraqi insurgents had none of them.

And yet the Democrats declared we were in a quagmire and Harry Reid conceded defeat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDOAmJYFFA[/ame]

I have it under good authority that Obama is going to take your guns.

Time to build up your arsenal and hide in the basement....they ARE coming

WRONG!!!! According to Fox news we should all run in circles waving our arms screaming. Don't know if that's clockwise or counter.....I will try to find more details.

:rolleyes: A very unique method you both have of admitting the rational segment of your debate is now over.

Forum List

Back