Use your clothes line....you won't regret it

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Energy is going to get ridiculously expensive so we need to re-think some of the old ways.
Use a clothes line for towels, Denims, heavy cottons. I recommend getting the " Quick Dry " towels though I will
admit they are not as effective for bathing.

Now you don't have to wait till they are one hundred percent dry.
If you leave them out for two hours before using the Dryer you will find that
the average load dries in ten minutes instead of 25 minutes. That's 40 percent of the original energy.
Also you almost never need the high setting. It chases more out the flu that doesn't get used.
Try medium and sometimes low....time it...see how it works.
For those who have attics ( my attic is massive because I have an old house....) the summer time temp can get to 140 degrees even on a cloudy day.
hang your clothes up there...they dry in no time ... totally dry.

JO

A child of the 70s... clothes on a line was an everyday sight. My mom always did it.
You gotta admit... they smelled awesome. Well... they did living in a rural area. If you hung your clothes out in L.A. they would be dirtier than before you washed it.
Nowadays they have things called CAFO chicken house operations where fresh country air was taken away.

Energy is going to get ridiculously expensive so we need to re-think some of the old ways.
Use a clothes line for towels, Denims, heavy cottons. I recommend getting the " Quick Dry " towels though I will
admit they are not as effective for bathing.

Now you don't have to wait till they are one hundred percent dry.
the average load dries in ten minutes instead of 25 minutes. That's 40 percent of the original energy.
Also you almost never need the high setting. It chases more out the flu that doesn't get used.
Try medium and sometimes low....time it...see how it works.
For those who have attics ( my attic is massive because I have an old house....) the summer time temp can get to 140 degrees even on a cloudy day.
hang your clothes up there...they dry in no time ... totally dry.

JO
I use mine for my blankets and such. But beware of birds shitting on your clothes. It happens…

I save money on washing clothes by wearing my clothes into the river and washing them while wearing them, then I get out of the river and dry off the clothes I am wearing while wearing them..

I save money on washing clothes by wearing my clothes into the river and washing them while wearing them, then I get out of the river and dry off the clothes I am wearing while wearing them..
Bwahahaha.....that was great! Can also ask the owner of the car wash for permission to ride the hood....kill two birds with one stone!

JO

Last edited:
the average load dries in ten minutes instead of 25 minutes.
If you leave them out for two hours in WA, you will have to put them back in the washer on spin and then put them in the dryer so that they will be dry---two hours after they would have been done in the first place.

If you leave them out for two hours in WA, you will have to put them back in the washer on spin and then put them in the dryer so that they will be dry---two hours after they would have been done in the first place.
Ahhh.....yeah you guys get a ton of precip eh? I suppose you would have to use the attic or the dryer.....or the old fashioned clothes rack planning 24 hours in advance. There's something to be said for modern convenience.

JO

Ha... I remember my mom slapping ice off the clothes.
Weird thing is we had a dryer. But women of that era apparently thought that was cheating or something.
Sure way to kill the coots.....they can't survive low temps.

Forum List

Back