Use your clothes line....you won't regret it

Energy is going to get ridiculously expensive so we need to re-think some of the old ways.
Use a clothes line for towels, Denims, heavy cottons. I recommend getting the " Quick Dry " towels though I will
admit they are not as effective for bathing.

Now you don't have to wait till they are one hundred percent dry.
If you leave them out for two hours before using the Dryer you will find that
the average load dries in ten minutes instead of 25 minutes. That's 40 percent of the original energy.
Also you almost never need the high setting. It chases more out the flu that doesn't get used.
Try medium and sometimes low....time it...see how it works.
For those who have attics ( my attic is massive because I have an old house....) the summer time temp can get to 140 degrees even on a cloudy day.
hang your clothes up there...they dry in no time ... totally dry.

JO
Not when the crows and seagulls see a place to perch. Besides, when on a timeline I drop at the fluff and fold. Sylvia is really nice on the eyes.

Energy is going to get ridiculously expensive so we need to re-think some of the old ways.
Use a clothes line for towels, Denims, heavy cottons. I recommend getting the " Quick Dry " towels though I will

the average load dries in ten minutes instead of 25 minutes. That's 40 percent of the original energy.
Also you almost never need the high setting. It chases more out the flu that doesn't get used.
For those who have attics ( my attic is massive because I have an old house....) the summer time temp can get to 140 degrees even on a cloudy day.

JO
In the summer months in Michigan, my mother seldom used the clothes dryer. She would hang all our clothes(family of seven) on the clothesline in the backyard. That was a lot clothes to lug up from the basement, where the clothes washer was. She was a strong lady.

JO
HOAs won't allow.

I save money on washing clothes by wearing my clothes into the river and washing them while wearing them, then I get out of the river and dry off the clothes I am wearing while wearing them..
You should try that in a Michigan winter.

You save some energy, and time, by not having to iron clothes anymore.

JO
You can also add a dry towel to your dryer load and cut your drying time by 20 minutes.

JO

I have two different clothesline in two different places. I use them when I can. While I would love to use them now, I resort to the dryer when pollen is in overdrive.

I have two different clothesline in two different places. I use them when I can. While I would love to use them now, I resort to the dryer when pollen is in overdrive.
Pollen in Atlanta is a nightmare. If you open your windows you have to clean up the yellow dust every day. And, of course there's red itchy eyes, coughing and runny nose.

JO
Out in the sticks, bugs are attracted to the fresh clothes and they stain them.

Guess hanging out is only viable for city dwellers.

A child of the 70s... clothes on a line was an everyday sight. My mom always did it.
You gotta admit... they smelled awesome. Well... they did living in a rural area. If you hung your clothes out in L.A. they would be dirtier than before you washed it.
Bed sheets dried in the sun? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................ Perfection.

Forum List

Back