Use your clothes line....you won't regret it

We have a clothesline but never use it, since we have five indoor cats. Only the dryer can get the cat hair and dust ninnies off of the clothes.
My brother was a cat person with an umbrella style clothesline. His cat was declawed so was not allowed to roam. He would leash the cat to the clothes line and the cat could roam---round and round and round. LOL

Energy is going to get ridiculously expensive so we need to re-think some of the old ways.
Use a clothes line for towels, Denims, heavy cottons. I recommend getting the " Quick Dry " towels though I will
admit they are not as effective for bathing.

Now you don't have to wait till they are one hundred percent dry.
If you leave them out for two hours before using the Dryer you will find that
the average load dries in ten minutes instead of 25 minutes. That's 40 percent of the original energy.
Also you almost never need the high setting. It chases more out the flu that doesn't get used.
Try medium and sometimes low....time it...see how it works.
For those who have attics ( my attic is massive because I have an old house....) the summer time temp can get to 140 degrees even on a cloudy day.
hang your clothes up there...they dry in no time ... totally dry.

JO
I don't even use a towel after showering. I just run buck naked out into the back yard and hang upside down from a rope until I'm dry.

Not everybody has a backyard to put a clothesline up in!!!!

My electric bill only changes by about a dollar or two using the dryer. I use it once a week.

Now......if I use the DISH WASHER.......my electric bill goes up $20.00 each use of it!!

My electric bill only changes by about a dollar or two using the dryer. I use it once a week.

Now......if I use the DISH WASHER.......my electric bill goes up $20.00 each use of it!!
Mine makes me pay her $20 every time she washes the dishes too.

Wow.....seems unreasonable....
Does it have a visible plug or is it hardwired in out of sight?

Energy is going to get ridiculously expensive so we need to re-think some of the old ways.
Use a clothes line for towels, Denims, heavy cottons. I recommend getting the " Quick Dry " towels though I will

the average load dries in ten minutes instead of 25 minutes. That's 40 percent of the original energy.
Also you almost never need the high setting. It chases more out the flu that doesn't get used.
For those who have attics ( my attic is massive because I have an old house....) the summer time temp can get to 140 degrees even on a cloudy day.

JO
Nothing wrong with hanging clothes to dry as long as it remains a choice.

Clothesline here. :)

1649717208733.png

JO

Sun rot and fading. And then the cotton clothing needs to be ironed.

Quick dry fabrics are manmade and don't absorb moisture. You need natural fibers like cotton, linen, wool or silk, to absorb moisture, although I don't recommend wool or silk for towels.

JO
Or check often to use just enough time to dry clothes. I signed up for lower "time-of-use" (off-peak) electric rates, so I pay less for the power as well.

Living independently of democrats and Republicans has enabled me to figure this out years ago.

JO
Sunlight is also the best agent for sterilising cloths. We never use a clothes drier.

New Topics

Forum List

Back