Electric Vehicles are the biggest lie on the planet?

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
I will easily prove how full of shit EV vehicles actually are.

• US consumes 7.9 Billion barrels of Oil per year
  • US generates net 4116 Billion kwh electricity per year
  • Barrels of oil equivalent to kwh = about 1,700 kwh.
  1. US generates 2,421,176,470 barrels of oil equivalent of electricity per year.
  2. US consumes 7,900,000,000 barrels of oil to drive cars and trucks, trains and planes and ships, every year.
  3. US cannot possibly 3x its electricity production in 50 years.
    1. That would require the construction of 750 (see edit below) new Nuclear reactors LOL.
    2. Wind/Solar can't even come close, the largest solar farm is a fraction of the electricity of a nuclear power plant.
    3. Everything else is fossil fuel.
EDIT - There is a fuel efficiency conversion. Just using some basic numbers from internet that are contestable....EVs are 2x more efficient than gasoline ICE engines. So Instead of 1,500 Nuclear Reactors we need 750....still a lot.

Last edited:
EVs only help the climate if the electricity to run them is also made cleanly, such as by renewables or nuclear. If coal fired powerplants make the electricity there is no climate benefit.

The OP is correct that we need to generate more clean electricity if we plan to switch to EVs.

1. US generates 2,421,176,470 barrels of oil equivalent of electricity per year.
  2. US consumes 7,900,000,000 barrels of oil to drive cars and trucks, trains and planes and ships, every year.
    1. That would require the construction of 1,500 new Nuclear reactors LOL.
    2. Wind/Solar can't even come close, the largest solar farm is a fraction of the electricity of a nuclear power plant.
For something so worthless you sure show your fear of them.

EVs only help the climate if the electricity to run them is also made cleanly, such as by renewables or nuclear. If coal fired powerplants make the electricity there is no climate benefit.

The OP is correct that we need to generate more clean electricity if we plan to switch to EVs.
Tell me again how nuclear power is clean.

What needs to happen is, hook up all the nation's treadmills, stationary bikes, and Stairmasters, to generate electricity to charge EV's. Then package all the hot air and bullshit coming out of Washington to increase the growing seasons in the northern states.

But seriously, folks, some farsighted President needs to close down the NRC and start a whole new agency that will quickly and dispassionately develop a small pamphlet of safety rules and regulations for nuclear power plants, so we can build the fucking things at a reasonable cost and move forward. Between the Greenies and the Deep State, there are simply too many obstacles to doing what needs to happen with nuclear (pronounced "Nuke-you-ler") power.

• Banned

I did forget the efficiency conversion I'll add to OP as an edit.

But your article is wrong (they are biased). They ignore the efficiency wasted on powering accessories to the EV car. But they add the loss to the powering of the ICE car. Pathetic oversight on their part.

Gasoline efficiency is 35%. Assuming 80% efficiency for EVs (ignoring the loss to powering accessories) we'll just round that as a 2:1 ratio.

So phew, only need to build 750 Nuclear reactors. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

None of this "helps" the climate. That's the underlying fallacy.

1. That would require the construction of 750 (see edit below) new Nuclear reactors LOL.
EDIT - There is a fuel efficiency conversion. Just using some basic numbers from internet that are contestable....EVs are 2x more efficient than gasoline ICE engines. So Instead of 1,500 Nuclear Reactors we need 750....still a lot.
I think you are overlooking the contribution that walking shoes, dirty cramped public transportation and bicycles have to offer

subsidizing rich people to buy very carbon intensive cars to make. And that most people don't drive enough to justify existing.

Disposable fucking cars, who wants that?

I think you are overlooking the contribution that walking shoes, dirty cramped public transportation and bicycles have to offer

1648752348332.png

When I was young the Chinese all rode bicycles everywhere.

1648752454949.png

Now, after Wall Street moved US factories there, China has massive traffic jams and more billionaires than the US.

Bullshit.

That's only after charging.

End to end, EV's are 60% LESS efficient than gasoline engines.
I'm basing it on that last mile....it's irrelevant to me. Even if EVs are 80% efficiency, that only is versus 40% efficiency of gasoline ICE engines, and barely covers the gap in electricity needed.

Charging an ebike battery costs $0.25 from the grid and yields 20 miles of assisted pedaling. Owning the solar panel and power station, the charge costs practically nothing, and can be done while the vehicle is in motion.

View attachment 624008
When I was young the Chinese all rode bicycles everywhere.

View attachment 624013
Now, after Wall Street moved US factories there, China has massive traffic jams and more billionaires than the US.

lol the chinese have more billionaires like I'm 10 feet tall

what these people claim as their assets are really the states assets which can be stripped at any time. See Jack Ma

Why the fuck do people believe anything the Chinese say? They have no incentive to tell the truth about most things. So they don't. Not even clear the CCP knows the real answer to questions like these. And if they do what is the margin of error/confidence interval

Forum List

Back