US OK's first factory in Cuba since revolution

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
This will help Cuba a lot. It's stupid that it has taken this long to normalize relations.

APNewsBreak: US OK's first factory in Cuba since revolution

The Obama administration has approved the first U.S. factory in Cuba in more than half a century, allowing a two-man company from Alabama to build a plant assembling as many as 1,000 small tractors a year for sale to private farmers in Cuba.

jobs that could have gone to Americans

well at least they wont go to China or Mexico

good going obama

--LOL

Couldn't the US use those jobs? So, the company had to have permission to open a business in Cuba? We have a normalized relationship with them...

Yet another spectacular foreign policy grand slam home run by President Obama, especially when compared to the "nothing" but gutter balls we got from the last two administrations.

President Obama, you're the man! Thank you for putting up with all the bullshit, and still doing a fantastic job.

Well if Cubans have work , they will stay in Cuba. Actually Cuba use to be the elite Hollywood playground.

It's a good thing, starting to normalize relations with them. I'm in favor of it.

So when do all the companies and people who lost property down there due to uncompensated nationalization get their $$ back?

It's a good thing, starting to normalize relations with them. I'm in favor of it.

So when do all the companies and people who lost property down there due to uncompensated nationalization get their $$ back?
That's the way the cookie crumbles. They lost the war. Maybe you think we should give the colonies back to England and the slaves back to the confederate slave holders.

That's the way the cookie crumbles. They lost the war.

Figures that would be your response. So i guess might makes right in your book, and governments can just take what they want from people without repercussions.

You know the fighting was long over before nationalization occurred, right? and the Castro government was established and functioning? This wasn't a wartime emergency, it was a power grab, pure and simple.

But hey, since you don't like corporations, stealing from them is A-OK in your book, right?

Awesome! Now we have yet one more country to add to the list of countries that steal American jobs.

All that bitching about Boooosh sending jobs to China by the left.......hypocrites much?

There is no difference. The winning side dictates how the spoils of war are distributed. End of. Stop whining.

The whole reason we put the sanctions in place was to protest the taking of American assets.

And you are wrong about the "winning side dictating". There are thousands of people in Eastern Europe fighting (and winning) to get their property back from the communists. But I guess since most of them were upper class at the time of the take-overs, you agree with them losing their property.

Any final settlement with Cuba will require them to compensate those who lost property during the revolution and subsequent nationalization, its that simple.

Isn't that Obama grand? he prefers to send OUR JOBS oversees and to a human rights abuser COMMUNITST country. you see folks what you put in with that thing called Obama? the man wants to see us FALL and he only has so little time to do it

Forum List

Back