What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US lawmaker returns Goldman campaign donations

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph
Reaction score
Sarah or Tea Partiers.

Barry would have to cough up close to $1M. I doubt he'll do it.

uscitizen

Reaction score
I think Sarah still has her campaign wardrobe she said she was going to donate...

OP
Xenophon

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Reaction score
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Reaction score
Every politician in America is involved with Goldman Sachs.

"Returning" campaign contributions after the campaign is far over is a pretty stupid thing to expect. If if you're going to hold Obama too it, then do the same for every other politician ever. I wonder if McCain has enough cash lying around to pay them back the 2 hundred grand they gave him.

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Reaction score
Yet now he bites the hand that fed him.

Its all show, His cronies will still be rich.

Obama is far to corrupt to give back those bribes. He did not even give back GSEs Fannie & Freddie bribes.

OP
Xenophon

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Reaction score
Every politician in America is involved with Goldman Sachs.

"Returning" campaign contributions after the campaign is far over is a pretty stupid thing to expect. If if you're going to hold Obama too it, then do the same for every other politician ever. I wonder if McCain has enough cash lying around to pay them back the 2 hundred grand they gave him.
Barry is the one claiming they are now boogey man #1.

Maybe for a change he can actually lead by example and do the correct thing.

I expect martians to blow up congress before that happens.

mars_attacks.jpg

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
I don't think any of them should give Goldman Sachs Lobby money back....that's just some phony gesture as far as I am concerned.

I'd rather see them put some good use to it, like give it to a charity or even donate it to the treasury for specific use of paying the debt....

I dunno, but if these politicians think that giving the money back to goldman is gonna solve anything, like making their hands look less dirty they are nuts... I'd keep it, if i did not donate it, because I think that means you took campaign funds, and you had no plans for it to influence you when you took it, so why return it? Unless you did expect the money given to your campaign to influence you?

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Reaction score
I don't think any of them should give Goldman Sachs Lobby money back....that's just some phony gesture as far as I am concerned.

I'd rather see them put some good use to it, like give it to a charity or even donate it to the treasury for specific use of paying the debt....

I dunno, but if these politicians think that giving the money back to goldman is gonna solve anything, like making their hands look less dirty they are nuts... I'd keep it, if i did not donate it, because I think that means you took campaign funds, and you had no plans for it to influence you when you took it, so why return it? Unless you did expect the money given to your campaign to influence you?

I Agree!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
So taking it was sincere?

they are not suppose to TAKE THE MONEY for anything other than their campaign- expenses, and if this is the case...then why oh why give it back?

give it back if goldman influenced your votes with that campaign donation....which is more than likely the case....cuz everyone is doing it....they ALL appear guilty to me...otherwise, goldman gave money, like a kazillion others that gave money, to support the campaign costs of a politician....

they should just keep it, instead of making the alleged crook, richer imo...

OP
Xenophon

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Reaction score

they are not suppose to TAKE THE MONEY for anything other than their campaign- expenses, and if this is the case...then why oh why give it back?

give it back if goldman influenced your votes with that campaign donation....which is more than likely the case....cuz everyone is doing it....they ALL appear guilty to me...otherwise, goldman gave money, like a kazillion others that gave money, to support the campaign costs of a politician....

So its better to take the bribe then return it, is that it?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score

So its better to take the bribe then return it, is that it?

IF they took a bribe, then return it.

IF they did not, then don't! WHY should they? What's the purpose?

ElmerMudd

Gold Member
Reaction score
Goldman Sachs and other financial institutions were able to create derivatives that bet against the investments they were selling their investors because of lack of regulation.
Even the most conservative economists agree that the financial markets require regulation.

The conservative Supreme Court recently reversed the limitations of large corporations and large organizations like Unions in the amounts of money they can donate to political candidates.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think its nice of them to give the money back. I think its a cheap political trick. I mean if they are going to be dishonest and corrupt, they may as well be honest about it.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goldman Sachs and other financial institutions were able to create derivatives that bet against the investments they were selling their investors because of lack of regulation.
Even the most conservative economists agree that the financial markets require regulation.

The conservative Supreme Court recently reversed the limitations of large corporations and large organizations like Unions in the amounts of money they can donate to political candidates.

Name a conservative economist that agrees with that.

And yes, the Supreme Court recently reversed unconstitutional bans on free speech. Why thats bad, i dont know.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List