US lawmaker returns Goldman campaign donations

Sarah or Tea Partiers.

Barry would have to cough up close to $1M. I doubt he'll do it.

Well, He Won.

So he can do what he wants.

Or so he thinks.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Every politician in America is involved with Goldman Sachs.

"Returning" campaign contributions after the campaign is far over is a pretty stupid thing to expect. If if you're going to hold Obama too it, then do the same for every other politician ever. I wonder if McCain has enough cash lying around to pay them back the 2 hundred grand they gave him.

Every politician in America is involved with Goldman Sachs.

"Returning" campaign contributions after the campaign is far over is a pretty stupid thing to expect. If if you're going to hold Obama too it, then do the same for every other politician ever. I wonder if McCain has enough cash lying around to pay them back the 2 hundred grand they gave him.
Barry is the one claiming they are now boogey man #1.

Maybe for a change he can actually lead by example and do the correct thing.

I expect martians to blow up congress before that happens.

mars_attacks.jpg

I don't think any of them should give Goldman Sachs Lobby money back....that's just some phony gesture as far as I am concerned.

I'd rather see them put some good use to it, like give it to a charity or even donate it to the treasury for specific use of paying the debt....

I dunno, but if these politicians think that giving the money back to goldman is gonna solve anything, like making their hands look less dirty they are nuts... I'd keep it, if i did not donate it, because I think that means you took campaign funds, and you had no plans for it to influence you when you took it, so why return it? Unless you did expect the money given to your campaign to influence you?

I don't think any of them should give Goldman Sachs Lobby money back....that's just some phony gesture as far as I am concerned.

I'd rather see them put some good use to it, like give it to a charity or even donate it to the treasury for specific use of paying the debt....

I dunno, but if these politicians think that giving the money back to goldman is gonna solve anything, like making their hands look less dirty they are nuts... I'd keep it, if i did not donate it, because I think that means you took campaign funds, and you had no plans for it to influence you when you took it, so why return it? Unless you did expect the money given to your campaign to influence you?

I Agree!

So taking it was sincere?

they are not suppose to TAKE THE MONEY for anything other than their campaign- expenses, and if this is the case...then why oh why give it back?

give it back if goldman influenced your votes with that campaign donation....which is more than likely the case....cuz everyone is doing it....they ALL appear guilty to me...otherwise, goldman gave money, like a kazillion others that gave money, to support the campaign costs of a politician....

they should just keep it, instead of making the alleged crook, richer imo...

they are not suppose to TAKE THE MONEY for anything other than their campaign- expenses, and if this is the case...then why oh why give it back?

give it back if goldman influenced your votes with that campaign donation....which is more than likely the case....cuz everyone is doing it....they ALL appear guilty to me...otherwise, goldman gave money, like a kazillion others that gave money, to support the campaign costs of a politician....

So its better to take the bribe then return it, is that it?

So its better to take the bribe then return it, is that it?

IF they took a bribe, then return it.

IF they did not, then don't! WHY should they? What's the purpose?

Goldman Sachs and other financial institutions were able to create derivatives that bet against the investments they were selling their investors because of lack of regulation.
Even the most conservative economists agree that the financial markets require regulation.

The conservative Supreme Court recently reversed the limitations of large corporations and large organizations like Unions in the amounts of money they can donate to political candidates.

I dont think its nice of them to give the money back. I think its a cheap political trick. I mean if they are going to be dishonest and corrupt, they may as well be honest about it.

Goldman Sachs and other financial institutions were able to create derivatives that bet against the investments they were selling their investors because of lack of regulation.
Even the most conservative economists agree that the financial markets require regulation.

The conservative Supreme Court recently reversed the limitations of large corporations and large organizations like Unions in the amounts of money they can donate to political candidates.

Name a conservative economist that agrees with that.

And yes, the Supreme Court recently reversed unconstitutional bans on free speech. Why thats bad, i dont know.

Forum List

Back