Untied airlines going full woke like delta

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.This is your captain Cleophus Jones speaking.Strap your ass in and sit back and we'll have this motherfucker on our way.

See the source image

Who in the hell would be stupid enough to fly on an airline piloted by dumbass affirmative action shitheads?

It will take them years to get the program going, but once it starts and if I have to fly somewhere, I'll be staying off of United. On the other hand I probably would anyway.

You see, they took over Continental when they left a couple years ago. When I dealt with Continental, they all had their shit together. I never had problems with my paperwork in the office, the shippers and receivers knew where my freight was always at, it was usually less than a half-hour venture. When United took over, forget about it. One time I had to wait an hour just to get the paperwork. One hand didn't know what the other one was doing.

It's a federal requirement that the driver present his ID when delivering freight for shipment. With the Continental employees, after they got to know you, they put my drivers license number in their computer. With United, they asked me to drag out my license each and every time I delivered something.

My point is this is not the first time United has hired substandard workers. At least since they took over here in Cleveland, it was ongoing and quite annoying, especially at the end of the day when you just want to park your truck and go home already.

United: "Hey lets hire more substandard workers because of their race, what could possibly go wrong?"

It doesn't matter when it was, it's proof that 2`

Of course it matters when it happened because time have changed so drastically. I'm 60 years old and I seen this during my lifetime, and it was changing before that.

Times were much different. Back when my father got out of the Marines, his heart was set on becoming a bricklayer. The union members sat him in a room to be interviewed. One question was about his heritage. He told him he was of Polish descent. They told him forget about it. They didn't want any stupid Polacks in their trade. My father got up in anger, gave them a speech about how he fought a year in Korea to fight for their asses here at home, and that's the only reason they accepted him. If not for his military service he would have never been allowed to follow his dream.

It's just the way things were back then. Can you imagine something like what happened to my father happening today? It would be nationwide news. That's how much things have changed. My father built the house we grew up in completed by 1967. The electrician he hired was black, the plumber that installed all the piping in that house was black. Things were changing quickly.

I'm still baffled. Even if you didn't know what the procedure is to end up as the captain and pilot in command of an aircraft, the individual who has final authority and say over anything and everything that happens on that aircraft, why would you assume such an idiotic scenario as a new graduate with no commercial flying experience as the pilot in command and another brand spanking new graduate who also has no commercial flying experience as the co-pilot? I mean that's idiotic on it's face and NO ONE would do something like that yet this is the conclusion that ALL of you jumped to.

So now that we've stripped away all the pretext reasons for the objections, can we now admit that you all just don't want more black people or women at the controls of a commercial aircraft not because they can't do the job or are not the "best" candidates for the positions, but perhaps instead because in addition to the fact that some of you are raging racists and/or misogynists maybe some of you are also simply envious and don't want to see others, particularly women or minorities doing things you don't have the ability to do.

Flying is kind of a "club", whether you do it professionally or privately. Not everyone can do it and there are some who don't think we should be allowed in. Sucks to be them.

Oh and just FYI, it did not escape my attention Ray that you ended defense of your position by claiming the airlines need to hire the "most experienced" ("the best") pilots when previously you stated (the emphasis is your interpretation)

Again, I never said anything about no experience, training, or flight hours. All I said is that major airlines should only be choosing the best pilots based on experience and work history over race and gender. I also explained that in any line of work, you have people that are more experienced and talented for the job than others. When I get on a commercial aircraft, I'm expecting the best plots in charge of my life regardless of their race or gender. I want the best I can get no different than if I was having heart surgery. I'm going to find the best heart surgeon I can get to operate on me, again, regardless of race or gender. If I needed brain surgery fifteen or twenty years ago and I could have gotten Dr. Ben Carson to perform it, that's who I would have chosen.

It's not racist to oppose race based employment. It's American.

Why wasn't it "American" to oppose race based employment when it was exclusively whites who benefited? Oh wait, it was - American apartheid.

Like I said, different day and different time. That's not to say it wasn't un-American. It was wrong back then and it's wrong today. It's not right today just because it's reversed.

Why wasn't it "American" to oppose race based employment when it was exclusively whites who benefited? Oh wait, it was - American apartheid.
It historically has been totally acceptable to discriminate in favor of white males. Funny that.

The statements that were made in contemporary writings throughout history to justify discrimination against blacks and women are just awful to read. Blacks are dumb and dangerous, and condemned by the Almighty in the Bible. Women are too dumb and too delicate to do anything except stay home, as the Almighty intends. Unfortunately, the ignorant and the hateful still believe this crap.

Those than can, do. Those that can't, mock.

Our Story

Taking Flight

Founded in 1976, the Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the encouragement and advancement of minorities in all aviation and aerospace careers.

OBAP members encourage diversity in the industry by supporting aspiring aviation professionals through Project Aerospace, a series of scholarships, mentoring, training, and youth-focused education programs.
In 1976 Ben Thomas, a young African American pilot with Eastern Airlines, spearheaded an effort to form a permanent body to address discrimination in the airline industry. He invited thirty-seven African American pilots, representing nearly 50% of the industry total at the time, to convene at O-Hare Hilton Hotel in Chicago on September 17 and 18.

The Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals (OBAP), then called The Organization of Black Airline Pilots, was formed as a result of that collaborative meeting with a focus on preparing youth and young adults to realize successful careers in aviation.

A Few of the Founding Members of OBAP

Influencing Policy

In 1992, in an effort to augment the dwindling military supply of pilots, then OBAP President, Captain M. Perry Jones encouraged the U.S. Congress to appoint a panel and fund a 2-year study by the National Academy of Sciences to evaluate the nation's supply, demand, and production capacity for airline pilots beyond the year 2000. As a result of the study, the U.S. Armed Forces became obligated to increase minority participation in the military, allocating positions designated solely for minority pilots.

The organization quickly became a prominent advocate and thought leader for improving conditions industry-wide. In 1986, OBAP's General Counsel, and Eastern First Officer, Eddie Hadden testified before a U.S. Congressional hearing on airline industry hiring practices. As a result, Congress began to strengthen accountability measures to monitor the performance of minority recruiting. In 1994, OBAP member and Pan Am Pilot, Ed Moon offered additional testimony before a similar session. The hearing brought increased awareness around discrimination within the airlines, encouraging swift changes to industry standards in direct partnership with minority organizations like OBAP. Additionally, the testimonies helped to increase available pilot positions and opportunities for blacks, and elevated the civil rights issue to a higher priority for government officials nationwide.

It historically has been totally acceptable to discriminate in favor of white males. Funny that.

The statements that were made in contemporary writings throughout history to justify discrimination against blacks and women are just awful to read. Blacks are dumb and dangerous, and condemned by the Almighty in the Bible. Women are too dumb and too delicate to do anything except stay home, as the Almighty intends. Unfortunately, the ignorant and the hateful still believe this crap.

Of course, because anybody that doesn't share in your beliefs must be, right?

Why don’t you guys just boycott them like you do with all the other companies that upset you?

You can drive instead of fly.

Why don’t you guys just boycott them like you do with all the other companies that upset you?

Which is probably what will happen, just like the fall in the NBA, NFL, and soon the MLB viewership, not to mention the major decline of audience in all the entertainment award shows.

When we on the right disapprove of something, we don't participate. When the left disapproves of something, they demand nobody participates either.

Which is probably what will happen, just like the fall in the NBA, NFL, and soon the MLB viewership, not to mention the major decline of audience in all the entertainment award shows.

Fine with me. Airlines and major sports will be fine with or without your support.

I think it’s ridiculous that so many companies offend you. But if you want to not fly because they upset, then that’s up to you.

Fine with me. Airlines and major sports will be fine with or without your support.

I think it’s ridiculous that so many companies offend you. But if you want to not fly because they upset, then that’s up to you.

It's less of being upset than it is the fact they plan on putting less experienced pilots in the cockpit because of favoritism of race and gender. If you want to fly with United, fine by me. I'll choose another airline to get me where I want to go; one who chooses the best pilots instead of the pilots that fit a specific physical description.

I'll add them to the conservative boycott list.

Target
Star Wars
Starbucks
NFL
Budweiser
Levi's
Facebook
Nike
Keurig
Gillette
CNN
College
Twitter
Nascar
NBA
MLB
MLS
Sprite
Mirage Beer
Amazon
Google
Best Buy
Coca Cola
MMA
Netflix
Delta Airlines
Hollywood
GoodYear
Girl Scout cookies
Science
Walmart
Youtube
Apple
Marriott
Blue Cross Blue Shield
American Express
Airbnb
AT&T
Comcast
Dow
Exxon
Ford
Goldman Sachs
JP Morgan Chase
Mastercard
Microsoft
Disney
Verizon
GoDaddy
United Airlines

It's less of being upset than it is the fact they plan on putting less experienced pilots in the cockpit because of favoritism of race and gender. If you want to fly with United, fine by me. I'll choose another airline to get me where I want to go; one who chooses the best pilots instead of the pilots that fit a specific physical description.

Yea, yea. Everything upsets you guys.

Nobody is upset at all. If you want to trust your life to people getting their job based on race or gender, fine by us. We will choose to use companies who have the most qualified and experienced pilots.

As I stated earlier. If you want your heart surgery done by a minority or woman, you are free to do so, while the rest of us will look for surgeons with the most experienced and performance standards for our heart surgery. Everybody is happy, right? It seems like you are the only one who's upset.

Nobody is upset at all. If you want to trust your life to people getting their job based on race or gender, fine by us. We will choose to use companies who have the most qualified and experienced pilots.

As I stated earlier. If you want your heart surgery done by a minority or woman, you are free to do so, while the rest of us will look for surgeons with the most experienced and performance standards for our heart surgery. Everybody is happy, right? It seems like you are the only one who's upset.

When that many companies offend you, it means you’re easily offended.

Unqualified is exactly what is always heard when people are complaining about "affirmative action" hires. That qualified whites are being passed over for alleged lesser qualified or unqualified blacks or other minorities. But you've since have clarified that you're speaking of experienced candidates versus fresh out of college candidates who have not yet obtained any experience flying for a commercial airline.

There is no qualified and less qualified. There is more experienced pilots and less experienced pilots. All of them have to be qualified, but like I said, just because you're qualified doesn't mean you are the best choice. Then work history has to be part if it as well. Like doctors, bricklayers, electricians, mechanics, there are those who have a very good history at their job and those who don't. There are those who seldom make mistakes and some who constantly make them.

Ray that's what they do, they recruit from the universities and colleges that produce pilots as well as hire military pilots. This is nothing new and there have been no disasters as a result of it. Boeing has killed more people lately by screwing with the aerodynamics of the 737-MAX in order to squeeze more revenue out of each flight than any non-white pilots have.

The process is pretty much the same for anyone who wants to be an airline pilot. You do your training/get your degree, you obtain your pilot licenses and ratings, you log the required number of flight hours and then you can apply for a job somewhere that would allow you to gain the number of hours needed to apply with the airlines and get an ATP license. This is for those individuals who have no military training. Flying lessons and flight time needed to achieve the necessary number of hours to obtain an ATP license is expensive for the average person irrespective of race however this is one of the ways an airline can ensure that more women and minorities can achieve their dream of becoming commercial airlines pilots. If they sponsor their training and/or guarantee them a position upon completion, provide money for scholarships, create outreach programs with mentors and support for kids who want to go into this field, all of that would help. Yes it's targeted and there are a few private programs that I know of already that do this but the airlines have the money and incentive to sponsor future pilots this way. It doesn't even have to be exclusively for women and minorities, it could also be need based.

The thing you're forgetting is all of the white pilots who didn't come from the military started out with no airline experience too, yet no one is crying that their flying abilities are putting people in danger.

Another thing, perhaps the airlines would prefer to hire someone just starting out that they can train and hire at a beginning wage and get a good 40 years out of before they have to retire, than hiring an experienced pilot who is closer to retirement age and maybe only get 10 - 15 years out of him at a much higher salary.

I'm sure when talking about whites, the better and more experienced white pilots got the best jobs. Now if they can't get somebody with military experience or any experience at all, then in desperation they hire a rookie out of school.

What I'm saying here is that in order to get the quotas United is talking about, they have to take rookies fresh out of school over very experienced white airline pilots.

In my line of work there were some women drivers. Most of them were terrible. Some were great and one of them worked for the last company I was employed by. I'd put her against any male backing in a trailer into close quarters. But the truth of the matter is most couldn't back in a trailer if they had 200 feet of clearance in front of them. Drive straight? Yes that they could do.

I'm sure rookie pilots will get you to your destination safely in favorable weather. But where the experience comes in is when there is bad weather or something goes wrong with the plane and the pilot has to take emergency actions to try and land safely.
What Is this Solon , Ohio ??
Sounds like some mysterious super wealthy Jewish community ??

Of course some blacks deserve to be pilots
All I mean is that we should pick the best
. To me , being a pilot is super overrated and not worth 125,000 a year

Forum List

Back