Untied airlines going full woke like delta

I would cancel your upcoming flight as you will get a half trained dummy . Very unfair to the most qualified pilots

What do you know of United's training procedures? You are assuming, without any foundation, that training women and ethnic minorities will result in a pilot who is a "half trained dummy." It is beyond idiocy to suggest that an airline would allow an unqualified pilot to take off in a multi-million dollar aircraft with a load of passengers and crew on board. The liability for any mishap would be astounding.

This is the same sort of twisted thinking that resulted in some Egyptians claiming that a female ship's captain was responsible for grounding that freighter in the Suez Canal, when she was hundreds of miles away on another vessel. People can be such morons. Don't be one of them.
And they would never lower their standards in the military, now would they?
Really? Look up "Irregular Army"

Since the launch of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars—now the longest wars in American history—the US military has struggled to recruit troops. It has responded, as Matt Kennard’s explosive investigative report makes clear, by opening its doors to neo-Nazis, white supremacists, gang members, criminals of all stripes, the overweight, and the mentally ill. Based on several years of reporting, Irregular Army includes extensive interviews with extremist veterans and leaders of far-right hate groups—who spoke openly of their eagerness to have their followers acquire military training for a coming domestic race war. As a report commissioned by the Department of Defense itself put it, “Effectively, the military has a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy pertaining to extremism.”​

Black people in America are behind the rest of the races due to liberal social policies that derailed the family unit, excuses poor performance.... hell REWARDS poor performance.
I don't give a damn what color someone is, if you never hold them responsible for their behavior/performance... excuse everything they do - you are setting them up for failure. And Democrats have been doing that for 60 years straight. And THAT is why they are behind everyone else. Has nothing to do with their abilities.
Nonsense. It's been 156 years since slavery ended, so if they haven't made it by now, it's because they just can't. Face facts, people. If blacks are as smart as the rest of us, let them prove it.

I'm from Missouri, I have to be shown.
View attachment 477904
View attachment 477905
You post all of that and still endorse basing hiring on skin color instead of merit. You’re a Jamaal Crow hypocrite.
I have endorsed no such thing but the reason you all think I have is because you can't even imagine a scenario where the best, most qualified candidate for a pilot slot is a female or person of color or both.

This has been going on unbeknownst to you all and perhaps somewhat quietly since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

And contrary to racist paranoid beliefs, a lot of the white male pilots currently on the flight deck have to be replaced because they are approaching mandatory retirement age.

Not everything is a scheme to replace white men anywhere and everywhere they are found.

The gist of the editorial is that hiring more women and black people as pilots will make United Airlines less safe apparently because "people of color" and women could never possibly be the "most qualified". Surprisingly 13% of their pilots are POC while only 7% are women.

I guess letting go is REALLY hard to do and change is scary.

"Only 7% of United pilots are female!" fretted CBS. "Only 13% aren’t White!" OK, but why exactly should we care about those numbers? An airline pilot’s job is to land the plane safely. Everything else is irrelevant. If 100% of United pilots were Black women, or Malaysian Muslims, or for that matter, White men from Alabama, not a single sane person would complain about it as long as the airplanes didn’t crash. Safety is all that matters.​
But you’ll notice the CEO of United didn’t mention safety. Safety is no longer that airline’s top concern. Identity politics is. United will dispute that characterization, of course. In fact, they disputed it in a statement to "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Wednesday.​
"United Airlines will continue to uphold its high standards," they told us. But they’re lying. We know they’re lying — and you know it too — because in the airline business, there’s only one standard that matters, and it’s not race or gender. It’s competence. The way people look is totally irrelevant. How they perform is all that matters. Once you forget that, airplanes tend to crash.​
Everyone knows that’s true, very much including the people who run this country. Many of them don’t fly United. They don’t fly commercial.​
They use NetJets, the largest private airline in the world. Has NetJets embraced equity or hiring quotas? Of course not. Check out the NetJets website if you have a minute. They’ll tell you exactly what they’re looking for in an airline pilot they hire. Here’s the first line: "We seek individuals who demonstrate an unwavering dedication to safety." That’s the first requirement on their list. We couldn’t find any mention of race and gender. That shouldn’t surprise you, because once again, race and gender are literally irrelevant to who flies your airplane. Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry and the rest of our private-jet-dependent ruling class know that perfectly well. They won’t be demanding quotas at NetJets any time soon. Their families fly on NetJets airplanes.​
So if hiring on the basis of irrelevant criteria will, over time, get people killed, why are they demanding it? Because they don’t care. They’re ideologues. They’re suffering from an incurable brain disease called wokeness. Reality means nothing to them. It’s merely an impediment to their plans.​
The new head of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, a Black supremacist called Kristen Clarke, admitted as much. As she told us a few years ago, equity is more important than safety.​

His point was that hiring people based on gender and race over choosing the best regardless of those things can be dangerous.
Why are you assuming and convinced that women and black people cannot be the best candidates?
Faulty logic.
Then dissect it.

Black people in America are behind the rest of the races due to liberal social policies that derailed the family unit, excuses poor performance.... hell REWARDS poor performance.
I don't give a damn what color someone is, if you never hold them responsible for their behavior/performance... excuse everything they do - you are setting them up for failure. And Democrats have been doing that for 60 years straight. And THAT is why they are behind everyone else. Has nothing to do with their abilities.
Nonsense. It's been 156 years since slavery ended, so if they haven't made it by now, it's because they just can't. Face facts, people. If blacks are as smart as the rest of us, let them prove it.

View attachment 477904
View attachment 477905
You post all of that and still endorse basing hiring on skin color instead of merit. You’re a Jamaal Crow hypocrite.
I have endorsed no such thing but the reason you all think I have is because you can't even imagine a scenario where the best, most qualified candidate for a pilot slot is a female or person of color or both.

This has been going on unbeknownst to you all and perhaps somewhat quietly since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

And contrary to racist paranoid beliefs, a lot of the white male pilots currently on the flight deck have to be replaced because they are approaching mandatory retirement age.

Not everything is a scheme to replace white men anywhere and everywhere they are found.
If meritocracy ruled (as it should), you’d have zero reason to focus on gender or race or ethnicity at all.
But you endorse quotas. All quotas do is bring into doubt the qualifications of the quota token.
And unfair to the alleged victim who actually does truly qualify.
Pure logic.

I've never flown a plane in my life, but I'm sure it's like any other profession.
No it's not just like any other profession:

This Tuskegee Airmen instructor became the first African American airline pilot
Posted On July 24, 2020 22:05:16
origin.jpg
Young at the controls of an NYA Sikorsky S-55 (NASM)

Perry Henry Young Jr. was born on March 12, 1919, in Orangeburg, South Carolina. In 1929, the family moved to Oberlin, Ohio where his parents hoped that Young and his siblings would receive better education. Young graduated in the top quarter of Oberlin High School’s 1937 class. Following high school, he attended Oberlin College, the country’s oldest coeducational liberal arts college, with the intent of becoming a doctor.

However, in the summer between high school and college, Young went for a ride in an airplane and developed a love for flying. During his freshman year, Young worked part-time to fund his pursuit of a private pilot’s license. Earning $9/week, Young bought flight lessons at the airport for $5.25/20 minutes. With just three hours and 20 minutes of instruction, he made his first solo flight. On August 14, 1939, Young earned his private pilot’s license at the age of 20.

Young developed such a love of flying that he dropped out of Oberlin College to attend the Coffey School of Aeronautics in Chicago to earn his commercial pilot’s license. Founded in 1938, Coffey was America’s first flight school to be African American owned and operated. It was also one of the only schools in the country guaranteed to accept African American students. Despite earning his commercial pilot’s license, Young was unable to find work as a pilot due to racial discrimination.

With a second world war looming, Congress passed the Civil Aeronautics Act of 1938 which created the Civilian Pilot Training Program. Under the CPTP, African-Americans were required to be included in civilian pilot training, Additionally, Public Law 18 provided for an expansion of the Army Air Corps and the creation of an African-American military flying unit. However, the Army maintained the belief that blacks could not learn to fly as well as whites, and allowed African Americans to train and fly only in segregated units under the command of white officers.

Young (right) with colleagues at Tuskegee (NASM/Courtesy Linda Young-Ribeiro)

Young was able to find work as one of the 40 African American flight instructors at Alabama’s Tuskegee Institute. “Very few of us knew anything about flying—few blacks did—and we thought our instructors were going to be white,” then-cadet Lee Archer recalled. “When I saw men like Perry Young, I was surprised and proud. They were like minor gods to me.” Despite his position as an instructor, Young was actually younger than most of the men that he instructed.

Young wanted more than to just teach though; he wanted to serve and fight overseas. However, instructors were too valuable to risk in combat and were barred from joining deploying units. Shakeh Young remembered of her husband, “He didn’t want to be an instructor who trained cadets. He wanted to be a cadet. He wanted to fly.” Of the 992 pilots trained at Tuskegee, Young instructed 150, including George “Spanky” Roberts who would become the first commander of the famed 99th Pursuit Squadron.

After the war, a surplus of military transport planes and a booming economy allowed many ex-military pilots to find jobs in civilian aviation. Despite his extensive experience, Young was unable to find employment as a pilot. He later told a reporter, “I had come up with a different-colored skin, and there wasn’t much I could do about it.”

(Left to right) Young’s mother, Edith, Willa Brown, one of the first female African American pilots, and Young at Chicago’s Harlem Airport, June 1941 (NASM)

Yearning to return to the skies, Young moved to the Caribbean where he and two friends set up a small airline named Port-au-Prince Flying Service. However, the airline went bust after just two years. Young remained in Haiti and found work flying for the SociĂŠtĂŠ HaĂŻtienne-AmĂŠricaine de DĂŠvelopment Agricole until 1953 when he secured a position as an executive pilot for the Puerto Rico Water Resources Authority. In 1954, he was sent to Connecticut to qualify as a helicopter pilot. Afterwards, Young flew for the Puerto Rico Water Resources Authority for one more year. He would go on to work as an aircraft mechanic for Seaboard World Airlines in Canada and as a pilot for KLM in the Virgin Islands. By December 1956, he had accumulated 13,000 flight hours, 200 of which were in helicopters.

Young with the Beech Bonanza that he flew for the Puerto Rico Water Resources Authority (NASM/Courtesy Linda Young-Ribeiro)

Founded in 1949 as a mail and cargo carrier, New York Airways became the first scheduled helicopter airline to carry passengers in the United States. Young had previously applied to NYA, but was rejected because he did not meet their 500 hour helicopter flight time minimum. However, as NYA expanded their routes and upgraded their fleet of single-pilot Sikorsky S-55s to S-58s, which required copilots, the airline needed to hire more pilots. The growing company was also looking to earn some good publicity so, on December 17, 1956, they tracked Young to the Virgin Islands and hired him.

After weeks of intense training, Young made his first official flight as a copilot on February 5, 1957. With this flight, he became the first African American pilot of a regularly scheduled commercial airline in the United States. The New York Mirror was aboard the historic flight and reported:
With Perry Young as the co-pilot, the 12-passenger helicopter rose three feet from the ground, hovered gently for a moment, then, pointing its snub-nose down, soared straight up from LaGuardia Airport. In nine easy “bumpless” minutes we were at Idlewild… Perry Young is unique because he is the first Negro pilot hired by any scheduled airline in America.
Young had broken through a major color barrier in aviation. His achievement made him the face of African American aviation. He even posed for cigarette and razor advertisements in Ebony magazine.

One of the magazine advertisements featuring Young (Viceroy)

Not everyone was pleased with Young’s hiring though. Initially, two white pilots refused to take him as a copilot. NYA was too short-staffed to indulge in their prejudices, and Young was given command of an aircraft within months of his hiring. He went on to fly for NYA for 23 years until the airline filed for bankruptcy in 1979

Young with an NYA Sikorsky S-58 (NASM/Courtesy Linda Young-Ribeiro)

At 60 years old, Young wasn’t ready to retire just yet though. He returned to the skies as the chief pilot of the Island Helicopter Corporation, flying sightseeing tours from Long Island. Young flew until he was grounded by the FAA’s mandatory age restrictions in March 1986 at the age of 67.

Young retired with his wife to Pine Bush, New York. Ever the aviator, he spent much of his time at the Orange County Airport talking with other pilots and going up for flights with them. His friends and family remember him as always doing something. He died on November 8, 1998.

Young lived for the sensation of flight. His passion for aviation took him beyond both the pull of gravity and the barriers of racial discrimination. Through his achievements, Young opened the door for other black pilots and inspired the next generation of colored aviators to follow their dreams into the skies.

This Tuskegee Airmen instructor became the first African American airline pilot - We Are The Mighty

If any company hiring employees was selecting equal or less qualified whites over women and minorities, they would have been taken to court repeatedly as it's been against the law to do that for decades.
It's been that way in the Unites States since it's inception and while it's now no longer lawful on paper at least since 1964, it still occurs.

Black people have been piloting the public around since 1964. As far as I know, no catastrophes. So where are all of these "unqualified, affirmative action, not hired on merit, guaranteed to kill everyone pilots" and the subsequent destruction?

I just posted under "what are the eligibility requirements to become a pilot" a list of universities/colleges that produce commercial airlines pilots. I had no idea there were so many so it's not like they have to go looking aqnd scraping the bottom of the barrel for people to hire (I know that what you all are implying), they get new crops of graduates from about 20 schools every year.

View attachment 477904
View attachment 477905

If meritocracy ruled (as it should), you’d have zero reason to focus on gender or race or ethnicity at all.
But you endorse quotas. All quotas do is bring into doubt the qualifications of the quota token.
Pure logic.
Well that's your perspective and since you haven't said on what is it based, I have no idea why you're grousing.

Many of my former classmates are earning really nice salaries, flying 80 hours a month, and living their lives and laughing at the crap that is espoused on this board BECAUSE they are all successful African American commercial airline transport pilots. They are valued by their employers because they were/are some of most qualified candidates for the job although of course you don't start out in the left seat, you work your way up it. That's plenty of opportunity to prove your mettle. One of them even flies exclusively internationally and check rides the new captains for his airline before they can take command of their designated aircraft (line check pilot). At least a few of them are flight deck officers.

All this crap that you all are crying about, less qualified, non-qualified minorities displacing white males and taking away their opportunities is ridiculous to those who actually live and work in the industry. It's even more ridiculous to believe that a major airline who has been in business for nearly 100 years would compromise it's safety record, the safety of it's crew and it's paying passengers as well as people on the ground by hiring people who are not capable and qualified to handle the aircraft, the passengers, the crew, etc. And let's not forget damage and/or destruction of a $100,000,000+ aircraft.

There are a lot of nuances to being a good pilot, not just flying skills. You can be a highly skilled pilot and have sucky people skills, not be able to get along with other members of the flight crew, not be able to be personable and friendly to the passengers, etc. I don't know, I don't hire pilots these are just things that I've heard through conversations.

This place is a cesspool. I feel more superior with each post I read. You don’t need white skin to fly a plane morons.

It's been that way in the Unites States since it's inception and while it's now no longer lawful on paper at least since 1964, it still occurs.

Black people have been piloting the public around since 1964. As far as I know, no catastrophes. So where are all of these "unqualified, affirmative action, not hired on merit, guaranteed to kill everyone pilots" and the subsequent destruction?

Who's talking about unqualified? Again, using my own line of work, there are terrible tractor-trailer drivers, average tractor-trailer drivers, and excellent tractor-trailer drivers. What do they all have in common? They are all qualified to operate a tractor-trailer. They all went to school or had on the job training. With the exception of foreigners, they all had to pass the written and road exams. If you have no experience or a questionable driving record, you work for lower quality companies. If you have an outstanding driving record, you get offers from great employers with major carriers like FedEx, Conway, UPS.

You cannot get a great job with little or questionable experience or record. You need at a minimum of 2 years experience with an excellent record. Major carriers are not waiting at the tractor-trailer school door to pick drivers based on race or gender. Only the lower paying employers are. The major carriers only hire drivers with the best history.

So what United is doing is the exact opposite of my comparisons here. They are at the flight school door waiting to get women and minorities instead of tenured airline pilots with the most experience and employment history. It's a bad and dangerous move.

View attachment 477904
View attachment 477905

Pure logic.
Well that's your perspective and since you haven't said on what is it based, I have no idea why you're grousing.

Many of my former classmates are earning really nice salaries, flying 80 hours a month, and living their lives and laughing at the crap that is espoused on this board BECAUSE they are all successful African American commercial airline transport pilots. They are valued by their employers because they were/are some of most qualified candidates for the job although of course you don't start out in the left seat, you work your way up it. That's plenty of opportunity to prove your mettle. One of them even flies exclusively internationally and check rides the new captains for his airline before they can take command of their designated aircraft (line check pilot). At least a few of them are flight deck officers.

All this crap that you all are crying about, less qualified, non-qualified minorities displacing white males and taking away their opportunities is ridiculous to those who actually live and work in the industry. It's even more ridiculous to believe that a major airline who has been in business for nearly 100 years would compromise it's safety record, the safety of it's crew and it's paying passengers as well as people on the ground by hiring people who are not capable and qualified to handle the aircraft, the passengers, the crew, etc. And let's not forget damage and/or destruction of a $100,000,000+ aircraft.

There are a lot of nuances to being a good pilot, not just flying skills. You can be a highly skilled pilot and have sucky people skills, not be able to get along with other members of the flight crew, not be able to be personable and friendly to the passengers, etc. I don't know, I don't hire pilots these are just things that I've heard through conversations.
You’re missing the point.
It’s irrefutable logic that race and gender quotas bring into question the qualifications of those benefitting from the quotas. That’s just basic math.
And it robs those race and gender quota types who truly qualify for those jobs of the confidence they’ve earned.
It’s a lose/lose.

If any company hiring employees was selecting equal or less qualified whites over women and minorities, they would have been taken to court repeatedly as it's been against the law to do that for decades.

I just posted under "what are the eligibility requirements to become a pilot" a list of universities/colleges that produce commercial airlines pilots. I had no idea there were so many so it's not like they have to go looking aqnd scraping the bottom of the barrel for people to hire (I know that what you all are implying), they get new crops of graduates from about 20 schools every year.
Then you can fly “black banana republic airlines “

This United Airlines declaration for a 50% quota to hire self-described victim ethnics definitely is such a scheme, however.

We know this because every time a test is hard, such as to get into good colleges, be a police or fire chief, be a tech worker, blacks etc. can't pass these tests. So what they do is stop giving the tests and promote them anyway, even though that means they are promoting inferior people compared to the ones who could pass the tests.

So United will promote blacks and other victimoids whether they can pass the training or not, and these inferior pilots will crash more planes. The United execs don't care: they have their own private planes, they wouldn't be on the crashing planes themselves.

So United will promote blacks and other victimoids whether they can pass the training or not, and these inferior pilots will crash more planes. The United execs don't care: they have their own private planes, they wouldn't be on the crashing planes themselves.

They'd never get into a cockpit if they couldn't pass the training, but as I stated, just because you passed the training doesn't make you the best pilot. They need a few years as a co-pilot, some years as a pilot, experiencing all kinds of weather conditions like high wind, rain, snow. Then if they have the experience and work history, then go to a major airline like United. This is why major airlines give first priority to military pilots. But what United is doing now is going to pass on those military pilots so they can get a woman or minority instead.

And you can be sure that United is champing at the bit to turn over the keys to a multi million dollar aircraft to unqualified pilots.

Women and non-whites have been systematically excluded from aviation and their accomplishments left unrecognized because of open race-based and gender-based bigotry. There is no basis for any conclusion that race or sex plays any role in ability. Newsvine Maryam and Old Lady have done a wonderful job of explaining the history of non-whites and women in aviation, so I will just add a bit more about the treatment by the military of women in aviation:

Women in the United States Army

Women in the Air Foce

Forum List

Back