Unreal. Dems Give Mexican President Standing Ovation After He Attacks Arizona (Video)

At this point I am breaking off this line of debate at least in this thread with apologies to other members for getting drawn into a major thread derail. :)

I just really resent different expectations being made of a black leader than is expected of a white leader. I prefer to see people as American leaders rather than representatives of a race of people.

And I prefer to see our laws enforced equitably and evenly across the board regardless of what nationality or race of people is breaking them, and I bitterly resent a Mexican president who would accuse us of discrimination because we presume to enforce our laws against Mexican illegal gate crashers.

Since The Democrats have been promising black people the sun, moon, and stars while implementing policy after policy destroying black institutions and creating permanent underclasses of black communities, only one deficient in history could say what you just said here.

So not only am I deficient in history, but the black community in America are all dumber than dirt to have "fallen" for the lies of the democrats? Have I restated your position fairly? If so....DO use that as your approach to try and win black voters back to the GOP. Tell them all that they are merely stupid and lazy to have believed the democratic party for all these years. Let me know how that works for ya.

I am fully aware of the republican support for the civil rights act and I have NEVER suggested anything to the contrary. Prior to the civil rights act, the south was solidly democratic and blacks in America were solidly republican. I happen to believe that the reversal of both those allegiances is tied to the successful application of the southern strategy by the GOP starting with the 1968 Nixon campaign. Today, the south is dead red across the board in national elections, and black americans are overwhelmingly democratic in their political affiliation. YOU want everyone to believe that the former has nothing to do with race and the latter has everything to do with blacks generally being ignorant. Again....PUHLEEEZE adopt that as your national campaign theme.

No, but you certainly are saying that a black man is expected to think a certain way about the Republican Party or he is despicable. Ah but you certainly have no problem judging a black man (Michael Steele) in a very ugly way because he doesn't think and believe as you do and he doesn't demonize Republicans like you do.

I don't EXPECT Steele to think anything. I listen to him acknowledge the long time use of the southern strategy by his own party... and, in light of that, I find his continued support of that party despicable. period.

And I don't demonize all republicans....just some of them... my state has two fine upstanding republican senators, and while I have never voted for either one of them, I ampleased and proud to know that they are representing my state in the US senate.

Methinks you speak out of both sides of your mouth. To describe Michael Steele as despicable because he heads the National Republican Party and then say that you don't expect him to think differently sounds very disingenuous to me.

But tell me. Are you prepared to say that the Democrats have never played the race card to get votes? That they have never pitted one race against the other to get votes? Have they never used a controversial or contentuous issue to advantage their own side?

Have they ever acknowledged that such practices re race baiting are wrong?

Michael Steele has. And so did Mehlman in 2005. (I would provide links but I will defer to your dislike of links showing evidence.)

So again, if the fact that there was a strategy to use contentuous racial issues to woo white voters to their party was an evil thing for the Republicans to do, perhaps you might find it in your heart to equally damn Democrats for doing the same thing?

Or are we able to only be understanding, accepting, and forgiving of one party and not the other here?

And if any form of race baiting is despicable and therefore inappropriate for Michael Steele to represent any organization that has demonstrated such in its history, where does he go? He can't go to the Democrats. He can't go to the black leadership.

The poor guy is screwed. The one man on the planet with no group he can represent without you branding him as despicable.

I willingly acknowledge the fact that the democratic party WAS the party of slavery and Jim Crow and racism. I will proudly proclaim that that started to change in 1948 and is now fairly well reversed itself. I do not think that the democratic party today tries to get white people to vote for their ticket by using race and code words for segregation to accomplish that. I think we are proud of the fact that black americans today trust us and do NOT trust the GOP... and I LOVE it when republicans try to explain that phenomenon by suggesting that blacks are just universally too stupid to figure out that they are being used by those devious democrats.:razz:

So not only am I deficient in history, but the black community in America are all dumber than dirt to have "fallen" for the lies of the democrats? Have I restated your position fairly? If so....DO use that as your approach to try and win black voters back to the GOP. Tell them all that they are merely stupid and lazy to have believed the democratic party for all these years. Let me know how that works for ya.

I am fully aware of the republican support for the civil rights act and I have NEVER suggested anything to the contrary. Prior to the civil rights act, the south was solidly democratic and blacks in America were solidly republican. I happen to believe that the reversal of both those allegiances is tied to the successful application of the southern strategy by the GOP starting with the 1968 Nixon campaign. Today, the south is dead red across the board in national elections, and black americans are overwhelmingly democratic in their political affiliation. YOU want everyone to believe that the former has nothing to do with race and the latter has everything to do with blacks generally being ignorant. Again....PUHLEEEZE adopt that as your national campaign theme.

I don't EXPECT Steele to think anything. I listen to him acknowledge the long time use of the southern strategy by his own party... and, in light of that, I find his continued support of that party despicable. period.

And I don't demonize all republicans....just some of them... my state has two fine upstanding republican senators, and while I have never voted for either one of them, I ampleased and proud to know that they are representing my state in the US senate.

Methinks you speak out of both sides of your mouth. To describe Michael Steele as despicable because he heads the National Republican Party and then say that you don't expect him to think differently sounds very disingenuous to me.

But tell me. Are you prepared to say that the Democrats have never played the race card to get votes? That they have never pitted one race against the other to get votes? Have they never used a controversial or contentuous issue to advantage their own side?

Have they ever acknowledged that such practices re race baiting are wrong?

Michael Steele has. And so did Mehlman in 2005. (I would provide links but I will defer to your dislike of links showing evidence.)

So again, if the fact that there was a strategy to use contentuous racial issues to woo white voters to their party was an evil thing for the Republicans to do, perhaps you might find it in your heart to equally damn Democrats for doing the same thing?

Or are we able to only be understanding, accepting, and forgiving of one party and not the other here?

And if any form of race baiting is despicable and therefore inappropriate for Michael Steele to represent any organization that has demonstrated such in its history, where does he go? He can't go to the Democrats. He can't go to the black leadership.

The poor guy is screwed. The one man on the planet with no group he can represent without you branding him as despicable.

I willingly acknowledge the fact that the democratic party WAS the party of slavery and Jim Crow and racism. I will proudly proclaim that that started to change in 1948 and is now fairly well reversed itself. I do not think that the democratic party today tries to get white people to vote for their ticket by using race and code words for segregation to accomplish that. I think we are proud of the fact that black americans today trust us and do NOT trust the GOP... and I LOVE it when republicans try to explain that phenomenon by suggesting that blacks are just universally too stupid to figure out that they are being used by those devious democrats.:razz:

IMO Blacks trust the democratic party because the democrats were seen as the party of the poor, and I reckon black folks have no desire to be anything but poor.

Yea the Democrats are incredibly arrogant at this point. They have no idea how angry most Americans are at their despicable behavior. The people will not forget this. The Democrats are gonna be very surprised by the coming backlash. Shame on them.

Forum List

Back