- Sep 7, 2014
- Reaction score
- Trump's Army
So people are no longer relying on killing babies for birth control, excellent.There are a number of unintended consequences of overturning Roe v Wade
It is looking more like the the hundreds of thousands of unwanted babies birthed by women under threat of arrest will be far less than the right anticipated due to more attention to contraception, the day after pill, use of abortion pills, increased sterilization, and travel assistance to abortion clinics from a number of sources.
- Requests for vasectomies and tubal ligation have increased significantly in the Abortion Banned states, as much as 900% in some areas.
- The morning after pill is running in short supply as women in banned states are buying up local supplies
- The FDA made shipment of abortions pills through the mail legal opening the way for mail order buying.
- Producers of the abortion pills are increasing inventories preparing for increased demand.
- 6 states have started funds to help the poor travel to states that offer abortion services
- Planned Parenthood now has a 300 million dollar fund to assist low income women get abortions
- Over 30 major corporations including Amazon, Starbucks, and Microsoft have announced they will pay for travel for employees and families to get an abortion.
- Doctors in the banned states report large numbers of requests for birth control pills, and other types of contraception.
- Interviews with women in banned states indicate women will begin paying more attentions to contraception and use the day after pill.