Under-equipped U.S. troops fighting in Iraq.

Merlin1047 said:
Pointing the finger at George Bush because Hummers have no belly armor is patently ludicrous.

When the last President made Hummers his PRIMARY CONCERN, it's no wonder Libs are screaming about them now.

:)

-=d=- said:
When the last President made Hummers his PRIMARY CONCERN, it's no wonder Libs are screaming about them now.

:)

You are truly a sick, demented pervert.

I like that.

:beer:

Zhukov said:
I do. His gun shot fine. But he's a Marine so that's all he needed.

If you are in a combat zone and you have the choice of having a weapon (a gun is for fun! :ssex: ) or a radio, which do you want?

The issue isn't radio's but com systems between soldiers. Seems the reserves and Natl. Gaurd are the ones with this trouble. I have spoke to Marines as well they say they need more body armor other theb that they feel they are supplied well.

wolvie20m said:
The issue isn't radio's but com systems between soldiers. Seems the reserves and Natl. Gaurd are the ones with this trouble. I have spoke to Marines as well they say they need more body armor other theb that they feel they are supplied well.

State budgets drive Nat'l guard issues...when I was in the Nat'l Guard, we didn't have enough $ to buy bullets to qualify w/ one's assigned weapon...we had to use a 'simulator' to get 'familiar' with how it 'sorta' feels when firing.

:-/

-=d=- said:
State budgets drive Nat'l guard issues...when I was in the Nat'l Guard, we didn't have enough $ to buy bullets to qualify w/ one's assigned weapon...we had to use a 'simulator' to get 'familiar' with how it 'sorta' feels when firing.

:-/

I have a question....

Is the funding for NG troops and their equipment during peace time a cost of the individual states or a cost of the federal government? I mean, I understand that once they are activated for FEDERAL duty, then that become the responsibility of the feds, but is their equipment, training, etc. during peacetime the responsibility of the individual states?

-=d=- said:
we didn't have enough $ to buy bullets to qualify w/ one's assigned weapon...we had to use a 'simulator' to get 'familiar' with how it 'sorta' feels when firing.

That's bullshit. What the hell good is a simulator?

Did it at least simulate noise and kick?

I had friends that were in during Clinton that said when they did field maneuvers with their tanks and Bradley's, they actually had to transport them on trucks to where they were going to maneuver, do their maneuvering, then instead of practicing road marches in vehicles to their next area of maneuver, they loaded them back on trucks and moved em that way. When I was in, I spent many a weeks at a time at Ft. Riley road marching our vehicles all over that base. It was good practice for reacting to ambushes, etc. I wonder if their is any link to our being hit hard by ambushes now and our not having practiced safe vehicle road marches for a decade?

I would believe that any march isn't safe in Iraq, I would believe they want to have cover(armored vehicles). They only way I would want to be walking arond Iraq is on patrol, and a very careful patrol.

wolvie20m said:
I would believe that any march isn't safe in Iraq, I would believe they want to have cover(armored vehicles). They only way I would want to be walking arond Iraq is on patrol, and a very careful patrol.

In the Army, you can "road-march" in armored vehicles. That is what I am referring to. We called any movement from one location to another, whether walking or in a tank, road-marching.

Zhukov said:
And sorry, I meant "rifle".

LOL, I was going to trot out that nifty little rhyme, too... FF1 beat me to it. :laugh:

Well, it doesn't appear that White Knight has any answers to the questions posed to him. Gotta love that 'skip down the list' action.

Is anyone surprised by his total lack of enthusiasm to answer questions?

Forum List

Back