U.S. Open women's final features Naomi Osaka's masks, Black hair and a bold cultural statement

"Bias against "black hair styles" is a thing most are unaware of.
That's probably true since no one cares about her hair.
Her support for terrorist BLM does makes me take notice in a negative way.
It is a thing because a while back on of you scrubs made a thread about it. BLM is not a terrorist group. But you white supremacists are.

It is a thing because a while back on of you scrubs made a thread about it. BLM is not a terrorist group. But you white supremacists are.
BLM is a terrorist group-----it is the child of the murdering
Black Panthers of the 1960s. "you white supremacists" ?
You know some white supremacists on this board IM :aargh:

I'm sure that a team of psychologists could have a field day examining WHY so many African American women (and men) have trended toward hairstyles that seem to have nothing in common other than they are unprecedented and bizarre. Naomi Osaka's pulled-back fireworks display being a case in point. There is NOTHING natural about her hair.
Naomi Osaka and YBN Cordae attend a basketball game between the Los Angeles Clippers and the Washington Wizards at Staples Center on December 01, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.

And what can even be said about the hair of her boyfriend?

The way one dresses, behaves, and grooms oneself is intended - whether you choose to acknowledge it or not - to send a message to the outside world. What is the message of distorting one's own hair so grossly away from its natural appearance? Self hate?

Other possibilities?

A message of refusal to engage the "outside world" in any manner but in their own very individual terms.

All part of the break down of our civilization, imo.

A message of refusal to engage the "outside world" in any manner but in their own very individual terms.

All part of the break down of our civilization, imo.
sheeeesh----self adornment has been weird since
time began----not really an issue. I is old---when
I was about six my mom put on earrings and commented,
"I bet people from MARS will laugh when they see us
hanging metal things from our ears"

Forum List

Back