U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

That's exactly what Bailey said Squidward.. he said "heavy rainfall and tropical storms" and you said "major rainfall and storm surge".. You started out with ""THAT IS WRONG""...

Now I knew that you have a inability to read charts and graphs but I wasn't really aware of how handicapped your reading comprehension was as well....

He said "Miami's floods have been due to heavy rainfall and tropical storms, not sea level rise." I find your edit on that quote to be disappointingly disingenuous. Obviously sea level rise increases the flood risk of storm surge. It is does not increase the flood risk of rainfall.

Stop getting so hysterical about a few mm of sea rise. Nobody in Miami cares so why should you!

Lol....I could post up this vid for virtually every thread started by the AGW dolts.

That's exactly what Bailey said Squidward.. he said "heavy rainfall and tropical storms" and you said "major rainfall and storm surge".. You started out with ""THAT IS WRONG""...

Now I knew that you have a inability to read charts and graphs but I wasn't really aware of how handicapped your reading comprehension was as well....

He said "Miami's floods have been due to heavy rainfall and tropical storms, not sea level rise." I find your edit on that quote to be disappointingly disingenuous. Obviously sea level rise increases the flood risk of storm surge. It is does not increase the flood risk of rainfall.

Sure... Seven inches in 100 years is gonna make a HUGE diff when you have a 18 ft storm surge, but NOT when you get 3 inches of rain in an hour for 3 hours.... :rolleyes:

Having LIVED in Florida, if the watertable is HIGH and it's a heavy long lasting rain, there's PLENTY of flooding and damage.

I'm wondering if you even think about what you read and write...

BTW warmer droids --- where's the ACCELERATING sea level rise in that graph??

Here.

Note most recent data (say, >2010) are above the faired linear rate. I personally find that not quite enough data to call, but since global warming and ice melt are accelerating, it is not unreasonable to expect to see acceleration there as well.

alt_gmsl_seas_rem.jpg

Sure... Seven inches in 100 years is gonna make a HUGE diff when you have a 18 ft storm surge, but NOT when you get 3 inches of rain in an hour for 3 hours.... :rolleyes:

Having LIVED in Florida, if the watertable is HIGH and it's a heavy long lasting rain, there's PLENTY of flooding and damage.

It's all about being hysterical for these people......progressives. It's in the DNA. What a disgrace....particularly the males.

Great I can tell Maimi to stop all flooding mitigation efforts.

can i ask a really stupid question :
If people actually believe Miamis flooding because of sea level rise due to mand made global warmin or whatever they renamed it this week why isn't their flooding up and down the entire coasts of north America ..south America.?...Africa ? Europe?

wouldn't it make sense to anyone else besides the religious AGW faithful ?

Miami Dade has lower elevations inland than other places. And coastal flooding is a problem in other locations.

I also live in South Florida. I moved into Dade County in 1971. I have been living in Palm Beach County since 1982.

You need to admit a mistake when you make it. Flooding from rainfall and flooding from storm surge are two different things.

what other places?

people like to blame "global warming" sandy for wiping out the rockaways but geography and the right combination of tide and surge played the biggest role

1989 ,2018
What Land Will Be Underwater in 20 Years? Figuring It Out Could Be Lucrative
same ol song
still not buying it
or that taxes and regulations can reverse it

off the coasts of every continent they find evidence of sunken coastal towns
sea level rise sea levels fall

i imagine somehow this was not to blame
screenshot20190211182239-1.jpg

can i ask a really stupid question :
If people actually believe Miamis flooding because of sea level rise due to mand made global warmin or whatever they renamed it this week why isn't their flooding up and down the entire coasts of north America ..south America.?...Africa ? Europe?

wouldn't it make sense to anyone else besides the religious AGW faithful ?

Miami Dade has lower elevations inland than other places. And coastal flooding is a problem in other locations.

Ayep:

I bet you've never seen the killer scary crabs and mudfish, though.

Miami Canal - Wikipedia

Here.

Note most recent data (say, >2010) are above the faired linear rate. I personally find that not quite enough data to call, but since global warming and ice melt are accelerating, it is not unreasonable to expect to see acceleration there as well.

alt_gmsl_seas_rem.jpg

You STILL can't read a graph Squidward. :2up: The only acceleration in that data is far to right of the decimal point in mm if you did a multi-order line fit...

The change in FEATURES of the data after 2000 or so is because of the change from tidal gauges to satellite measurement. The variance VISIBLY changes there. As would be expected when you start measuring ALL of the oceans and not just the coastlines with tide gauges..

PETER JAMES SPIELMANN

we better hurry up we're running out of time
2008-06-12-ABC-GMA-globalwarming2.JPG

June 29, 1989

UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday.

Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study.

″Ecological refugees will become a major concern, and what’s worse is you may find that people can move to drier ground, but the soils and the natural resources may not support life. Africa doesn’t have to worry about land, but would you want to live in the Sahara?″ he said.

UNEP estimates it would cost the United States at least $100 billion to protect its east coast alone.
Shifting climate patterns would bring back 1930s Dust Bowl conditions to Canadian and U.S. wheatlands, while the Soviet Union could reap bumper crops if it adapts its agriculture in time, according to a study by UNEP and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.

Excess carbon dioxide is pouring into the atmosphere because of humanity’s use of fossil fuels and burning of rain forests, the study says. The atmosphere is retaining more heat than it radiates, much like a greenhouse.

The most conservative scientific estimate that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years, said Brown.

The difference may seem slight, he said, but the planet is only 9 degrees warmer now than during the 8,000-year Ice Age that ended 10,000 years ago.

Brown said if the warming trend continues, ″the question is will we be able to reverse the process in time? We say that within the next 10 years, given the present loads that the atmosphere has to bear, we have an opportunity to start the stabilizing process.″

read it all here ......i drowned on the F train in 2009

So Global Warming isn’t a problem anymore?

The Earth is always warming and cooling due to cycles of the SUN. If Miami floods, that is likely to blame.

Sure, we should be a minimum now.

So why are we warming?

You added in the fake data set of "warning trapped - like a rat! in the deep ocean" dreamed up by Bernie Madoff's accountant

Yeah, the internet sucks. I doubt there are any bigger crabs than the monsters along the Miami canal. Mudfish, too.

The crabs are like 2 1/2 feet wide and have claws like a stone crab. They move slow, but are huge! They're light/medium blue and white.
Nothing on the internet about them, yet I could go right to where they're at.
I would not eat them. Their claws are like 8" long and shaped like a Stone Crab.

They just sit down there in the heat on the bank all day.

PETER JAMES SPIELMANN

June 29, 1989

UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday.

Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study.

″Ecological refugees will become a major concern, and what’s worse is you may find that people can move to drier ground, but the soils and the natural resources may not support life. Africa doesn’t have to worry about land, but would you want to live in the Sahara?″ he said.

UNEP estimates it would cost the United States at least $100 billion to protect its east coast alone.
Shifting climate patterns would bring back 1930s Dust Bowl conditions to Canadian and U.S. wheatlands, while the Soviet Union could reap bumper crops if it adapts its agriculture in time, according to a study by UNEP and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.

Excess carbon dioxide is pouring into the atmosphere because of humanity’s use of fossil fuels and burning of rain forests, the study says. The atmosphere is retaining more heat than it radiates, much like a greenhouse.

The most conservative scientific estimate that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years, said Brown.

The difference may seem slight, he said, but the planet is only 9 degrees warmer now than during the 8,000-year Ice Age that ended 10,000 years ago.

Brown said if the warming trend continues, ″the question is will we be able to reverse the process in time? We say that within the next 10 years, given the present loads that the atmosphere has to bear, we have an opportunity to start the stabilizing process.″

And that's with an ice free Arctic and Guam tipped over. They still have consensus

PETER JAMES SPIELMANN

June 29, 1989

The Earth is always warming and cooling due to cycles of the SUN. If Miami floods, that is likely to blame.

So why are we warming?

You added in the fake data set of "warning trapped - like a rat! in the deep ocean" dreamed up by Bernie Madoff's accountant

Dude, what the fuck are you posting about?

Either go with mumbo or jumbo, sheesh.

Here.

You STILL can't read a graph Squidward. :2up: The only acceleration in that data is far to right of the decimal point in mm if you did a multi-order line fit...

The change in FEATURES of the data after 2000 or so is because of the change from tidal gauges to satellite measurement. The variance VISIBLY changes there. As would be expected when you start measuring ALL of the oceans and not just the coastlines with tide gauges..

Yep.....if one just takes a couple of hours to takes a closer look, you find out how utterly fake graphs posted by climate crusaders are. Bogus axis stuff.....crunched or expanded. Graphs with bogus data. Graphs without comparative context......for example, these cheesedicks are fond of posting up "growth" charts

Anybody with borderline intelligence would spot the fakery quickly if they only took the time instead of taking a gander with a zombie approach! Mamooth, Old Rocks and Crick are the most established offenders. Not to mention the colorful graphs they post up....designed to alarm the hopelessly duped suckers of the world.

BTW....if you ever want to observe something hysterical, next time you are in NYC, take a walk up to the upper west side west of 9th Ave. You will find dozens of sidewalk "shell" games going on.....the people playing them are the same shitheads who fall for the dummy graphs presented by the climate crusaders.:113::113:

Last edited:
PETER JAMES SPIELMANN

June 29, 1989

And that's with an ice free Arctic and Guam tipped over. They still have consensus

Lol.....both Old Rocks and Crick are on record as saying Guam would be capsized by now!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

PETER JAMES SPIELMANN

June 29, 1989

So why are we warming?

Dude, check IPCC 2 or 3, see if they have warming trapped deep in the ocean. You Bernie Madoff fuckers added that in to "hide the decline" its fucking fake

So why are we warming?

Dude, check IPCC 2 or 3, see if they have warming trapped deep in the ocean. You Bernie Madoff fuckers added that in to "hide the decline" its fucking fake

I don't know what rock (wingnut website) you supposedly pulled that stupid assertion from, but when trying to debunk AGW, shouldn't you use actual science?

Forum List

Back