Bill to Outlaw "Castle Doctrine"

SEMI-NEWS/SEMI-SATIRE: December 6, 2020 Edition - National News/Current Events - The Briefing Room (gopbriefingroom.com)
6 Dec 2020 ~~ By John Semmens
~[Snip}~
In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "castle doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.
"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."
Meza was quick to reassure that her bill "would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves. Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."
"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

Comment:
Typical Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat illogical 'Think'.
I'm sure that Beto O'Rourke will try to use this frame of thought in his effort to confiscate guns under China Joe.
Meanwhile go to the URL to read the other satirical items John has commented on.....
Never stood a chance.
View attachment 425449

Never should have been introduced.

Indicative of a decaying system when BS like this even gets talked about

Last edited:

SEMI-NEWS/SEMI-SATIRE: December 6, 2020 Edition - National News/Current Events - The Briefing Room (gopbriefingroom.com)
~[Snip}~
In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "castle doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.
"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."
Meza was quick to reassure that her bill "would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves. Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."
"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

Comment:
I'm sure that Beto O'Rourke will try to use this frame of thought in his effort to confiscate guns under China Joe.
Meanwhile go to the URL to read the other satirical items John has commented on.....

I doubt the bill will pass.

The castle doctrine makes perfect sense. Her claim that "Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate" is bullshit. Anyone breaking into my house in the middle of the night will leave on a stretcher. If I have to fire a shot or two with the criminal's gun to make it look better, so be it.
Wear gloves.

I'll wear gloves and put the gun in his hand and press the trigger.
Screw that, if someone comes through my window late at night, since i lost my weapons in a boating accident in the Atlantic, i have my wife going for her....

Theodore Roosevelt .45 colt.
She can shoot a flea off the hind of a basset hound at 100 yards with that thing.
23580715_2.jpg

~~~~~~
Sean Connery's 007 pistol from 'Dr.No' sells for $256,000 | Reuters
Had a Makarov one millimeter longer and looked just like it. Cost 150.00.

~[Snip}~

Comment:

Am I the only one who noticed that the link is to another forum (I'm nor sure, but I think that might be against the rules on this forum, to drag stuff here from competing forums), and that it is labeled as “Semi-satire”. No clear indication as to whether we are meant to believe that it is true, or to take it as satire, and no link to any more credible source.

~[Snip}~

Comment:

Who is this bitch to decide the value of what you have to steal? What if it is irreplaceable? What if they break in and wreck your place, rape your wife and daughter, tie you up and torture and kill you?

How do we elect these idiots? No thank you, I'll continue to defend my home no matter what. You break into a home for whatever reason and all bets are off. I'm going to assume the worse, I don't need any idiot politician deciding a value on my life for me.

~[Snip}~

Comment:
Never stood a chance.
View attachment 425449

Never should have been introduced.
I do not care if nut balls introduce crazy legislation. It is their right as Americans to petition their government. Just as it is legislatures duty to give them only the attention they deserve and move on to real business. Lets Texans know who not to send back to state legislature at election time. The representative that wrote and introduced the bill would have no trouble finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries.
1607199124897.png

~[Snip}~

Comment:

The castle doctrine makes perfect sense. Her claim that "Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate" is bullshit. Anyone breaking into my house in the middle of the night will leave on a stretcher. If I have to fire a shot or two with the criminal's gun to make it look better, so be it.
Wear gloves.

Make sure he gets gunpowder residue on his hands.

That is why I hold the gun in his hand.

Just dont cover his hand with you gloved hands was my point.
If there are gaps in the powder residue that'll set off alarms with the forensic guys.
There is always the firepit in the backyard for the gloves....If you know what i mean...

That goes without saying.
Okay, i wont say it....Mum's the word..

~[Snip}~

People voted for this idiot gash??

Someone should flee their house when it's broken into? Fucking seriously? Bitch, I'm paintin' the room red the hard way. Fucking flee? Fuck you.

This c**t is placing the responsibility for any injuries on the law abiding citizen, instead of on the the vermin piece of shit, who's probably going to be a negro 99 times out of a hundred, and it's all okay because the thief needs the money more than the homeowner??

This hag, and every single person who voted for her, should be put down in as inhumanely a manner as possible...

~[Snip}~

Comment:

Wear gloves.

~~~~~~
You squeeze the trigger, never press, pull or jerk.

That is fine when you are the one with the gun in your hand. But if the gun is in a dead man's hand, you press the trigger so the prints are right and the gun powder residue covers his hand.

You've watched too many CSI movies....

LOL! If you want to take chances, feel free. Not sure why you think proper trigger pull is relevant when firing a gun in a dead man's hand, but think GSR is to be ignored.

~[Snip}~

Comment:
Pretty fucking stupid. Good news is wont go any where but ya some of the dumbest legislation in years

I suspect, that if true, she's just trying for face/name time in the news- trying to appear relevant-

I do not care if nut balls introduce crazy legislation.
Democrats are castrated choirboys. They don't have nuts or balls when they introduce crazy anti-Constitutional legislation. It's a machine. They throw law-abiding citizens into the same old meat grinder as everybody else, and make sausage of their blood.

Democrats are castrated choirboys. They don't have nuts or balls when they introduce crazy anti-Constitutional legislation. It's a machine. They throw law-abiding citizens into the same old meat grinder as everybody else, and make sausage of their blood.
So what is your point? There has been cray legislation proposed in congress for about 250 years. It gets or fails to get support to pass, whether anybody is castrated or not. Is this what happened to you?

Forum List

Back