Two Words: Nuclear Option

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Senate Republicans don't even represent 40% of the nations population.

Due to the fact that most of them are from small population states, in total, Senate Republicans represent about 25% of the population.

The fact that representatives of 25% of the population can stop legislation from passing is disgusting.

It's time for the "Nuclear Option".

It's completely constitutional, and has been a long time in coming.

Hell, it should have happened in 1957, the first time it was proposed.

So your on record that the Democrats want to nuke America.

Just making sure. After all, when you make up shit like that, I need to have some clarification of where you stand.

The Democrats sure were singing a different tune when they were in the minority and obstructing everything the GOP wanted to do.

Guess that is okay though, huh?

• Banned

Just making sure. After all, when you make up shit like that, I need to have some clarification of where you stand.

I hope that was a facetious comment.

In case it wasn't, the "Nuclear Option" was the term used to describe taking away the ability filibuster by changing the Senate Rules. Thus making legislation passable by a majority.

I hope that was a facetious comment.

In case it wasn't, the "Nuclear Option" was the term used to describe taking away the ability filibuster by changing the Senate Rules. Thus making legislation passable by a majority.
I know what it meant. I remember the screams from the Democrats when the Republicans were thinking of changing the rules so that they did not have to have a 60 vote majority.

In fact, I think the howls of outrage can still be heard echoing over the Alps somewhere.

• Banned
The Democrats sure were singing a different tune when they were in the minority and obstructing everything the GOP wanted to do.

Legislation got passed. The Republicans didn't use the "Nuclear Option" because the Democrats didn't filibuster.

• Banned
Two words (sorta): GOP landslide

I don't think so. I think that today's voters appreciate strength of character more than anything else, and abhor weakness.

I think the Democrats should just put the Nuclear Option through. Don't even debate it. Just make it happen.

Legislation got passed. The Republicans didn't use the "Nuclear Option" because the Democrats didn't filibuster.
So you are going to deliberately ignore the point I made.

And in my personal opinion, it is absolutely INSANE that 25% of the population should be able to stop all legislation dead in it's tracks because of some BS filibuster rule.

In the House, where representation is actually based on population, a much stronger version of the health care legislation passed, easily.

Two words (sorta): GOP landslide

I don't think so. I think that today's voters appreciate strength of character more than anything else, and abhor weakness.

I think the Democrats should just put the Nuclear Option through. Don't even debate it. Just make it happen.
Go ahead. Article 15 is right. It would be a landslide for the GOP.

And remember this. When the GOP rises to majority again, they will then have that option and can just start ignoring the Democrats....

And I think that a GOP ascendancy is on the horizon. So, go ahead and write your representatives and have them nuke America.

I saw the point you made.

The Democrats complained at the time, but the Republicans still were going to push it through unless Democrats caved.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

And in my personal opinion, it is absolutely INSANE that 25% of the population should be able to stop all legislation dead in it's tracks because of some BS filibuster rule.

In the House, where representation is actually based on population, a much stronger version of the health care legislation passed, easily.
Where do you get this 25%?

The country is more center-right then left. Right now, about 20% of the fringe left is running this country and THAT isn't right either.

Of course, how silly of me. All those judicial nominations didnt get seated because Democrats didnt fillibuster... It didnt happen.

Delusional.

I saw the point you made.

The Democrats complained at the time, but the Republicans still were going to push it through unless Democrats caved.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
I see.

So all the arguments used were just so much BS? I am almost positive that you were one of the ones who were arguing the loudest that the GOP didn't have the right to step on the rights of the minority.

But now that the shoe is on the other foot.....Well, I can't say as I am all that surprised really. I think I'll just beat the lines and start ignoring you now.

On what planet is barely getting three extra votes through meticulous bribing with earmarks is "easily"?

You dont have a chance of passing it again after the recent elections. Anyone who actually wants to stay in office will gladly vote no on this bill.

I hope they try it. It would be a great Tuesday night in Nov. another asskicking like last night!!!!

elections have consequences!

Unequal representation also has consequences.

When 25% of the population holds the workings of government hostage, just because they feel like being obstructionist, something has to be done.

you asswipes had it at 60-40 until yesterday,, and you are still going to whine about the Republicans???? go ahead do the nuclear option, if you thought yesterday's whoop ass wasn't enough,, you got more coming..

Forum List

Back