Two Men Finally Released From Prison After Serving 42 Years For A Murder They Didn’t Commit

Two men finally released from prison after serving 42 years for a murder they didn’t commit

Wrongfully-convicted-800x430.png

Clifford Williams Jr. and his nephew, Hubert Myers (Photo by: Florida Dept. of Corrections)

The May 1976 death of Jeannette Williams landed two innocent men in jail for the crime. For over 40 years, Clifford Williams Jr. and his nephew, Hubert Myers have maintained their innocence, to no avail. But after the actual murderer admitted the crime to friends of the men, the accused were finally released from the Florida jail, News4JAX reported.

Williams’ roommate, Nina Marshal, who was also shot, identified the two men after saying that they came into the bedroom and fired the shots at both of them. Evidence gathered at the time, however, showed that the shots came from outside the apartment. That still wasn’t enough to discount her claims.

Meyers and Williams said that they were at a party down the street and many witnesses corroborated their alibi, but none of that evidence was brought up during the trial.

Prosecutors at the time spun a story that Williams and Myers committed the murder because of a drug the victim owed, but the only evidence was the testimony from the roommate.

“This is the first case the unit has investigated that has led to an inmate’s release,” the report said.

Two men finally released from prison after serving 42 years for a murder they didn't commit

How many of you USMB self-proclaimed conservatives and Republicans are even the list bit upset that two innocent American citizens suffered beyond measure for something they didn't commit?

Also, what should be done about it? How much money should they get for this travesty?
And if they support republicans you would probably kill them
Stupid troll. Can't even answer a single question from the OP.

I just did. Youre a racist, so when i saw your thread title, i immediately knew their skin color. You racists are predictable.
If that is what consists of an explanation to your meth-addled brain, then you're a lot dumber than I originally thought.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC
Its simply a fact. I predicted the color of their skin based on your name being attached to the thread. Your racism makes you predictable.

Two men finally released from prison after serving 42 years for a murder they didn’t commit

Clifford Williams Jr. and his nephew, Hubert Myers (Photo by: Florida Dept. of Corrections)

The May 1976 death of Jeannette Williams landed two innocent men in jail for the crime. For over 40 years, Clifford Williams Jr. and his nephew, Hubert Myers have maintained their innocence, to no avail. But after the actual murderer admitted the crime to friends of the men, the accused were finally released from the Florida jail, News4JAX reported.

Williams’ roommate, Nina Marshal, who was also shot, identified the two men after saying that they came into the bedroom and fired the shots at both of them. Evidence gathered at the time, however, showed that the shots came from outside the apartment. That still wasn’t enough to discount her claims.

Meyers and Williams said that they were at a party down the street and many witnesses corroborated their alibi, but none of that evidence was brought up during the trial.

Prosecutors at the time spun a story that Williams and Myers committed the murder because of a drug the victim owed, but the only evidence was the testimony from the roommate.

“This is the first case the unit has investigated that has led to an inmate’s release,” the report said.

Two men finally released from prison after serving 42 years for a murder they didn't commit

How many of you USMB self-proclaimed conservatives and Republicans are even the list bit upset that two innocent American citizens suffered beyond measure for something they didn't commit?

Also, what should be done about it? How much money should they get for this travesty?
I knew when i saw your name attached to this thread that they were going to be black men. Your racism makes you predictable.
So...that makes incarcerating them for 42 years all ok, right?
No, thats terrible. Also, the OPs racism makes him predictable.

They should get money from the estate of the man who actually committed the crime, not from the taxpayers.

Unless there is actual police misconduct here, I can't see giving these guys anything.

There are a lot of injustices in the world, I try not to get upset about it. There is nothing I could have done, and further there is no reason to think these guys were discriminated against.

Why wouldn't we be upset, you dumb ass? Innocent people shouldn't go to jail......as far as compensation......They should get free, first class healthcare for life, for themselves and their immediate family, a free home up to the value of about 500,000 dollars, tax free status for the rest of their life, and at minimum....a million dollars for each year spent in prison.....tax free.......and all the counseling and other help they may need...

You are an idiot....
He believes ALL white people are racists. Ignoring the enormous evidence to the contrary.

I knew when i saw your name attached to this thread that they were going to be black men. Your racism makes you predictable.

Prove where they were incarcerated on the basis of skin color! What color are the real perps?

Regardless of the race or color of a mans skin this is a travesty of justice. Nothing is perfect, our system just happens to be better than most. Regretfully these two individuals were poorly represented.

Prove where they were incarcerated on the basis of skin color! What color are the real perps?

I’ll answer the question because you race baiting libs are too chicken shit. The real perps are black. How do I know? Because if they were white we’d be seeing mass protests and the media covering this story 24/7.

The standards for murder convictions need to be tighter. Even if that means a murderer walks. No person should be sentenced to more than 20 years in prison either. And a person should be awarded no less than $1,000,000/year for each year of wrongful imprisonment.

The standards for murder convictions need to be tighter. Even if that means a murderer walks. No person should be sentenced to more than 20 years in prison either. And a person should be awarded no less than $1,000,000/year for each year of wrongful imprisonment.

Tax free......with full, highest quality healthcare for life, for the prisoner and immediate family...

Wow $1 mil per year? Are you serious? Yes our system has its faults, yet the defense attorney(s) involved need to be held accountable for their incompetence, and are they not just as guilty?

When I first read the thread title I thought it was a travesty. Then I saw their pictures. :eek:

Wow $1 mil per year? Are you serious? Yes our system has its faults, yet the defense attorney(s) involved need to be held accountable for their incompetence, and are they not just as guilty?
Absolutely. I don’t know what freedom is worth to you. But to me it’s worth killing, and even dying for. $1,000,000/year is a pittance...

Last edited:
, yet the defense attorney(s) involved need to be held accountable for their incompetence, and are they not just as guilty?
You touch on another flagrant shortcoming of our justice system. The adversarial litigation method is beyond fucked. Any and all lawyers duty should be getting to the truth. Not getting the win...

, yet the defense attorney(s) involved need to be held accountable for their incompetence, and are they not just as guilty?
You touch on another flagrant shortcoming of our justice system. The adversarial litigation method is beyond fucked. Any and all lawyers duty should be getting to the truth. Not getting the win...

Prosecutors aren't supposed to go after innocent people- but I haven't seen any proof that the prosecutors in this case did that.

I reading about the great prosecutor Hamilton Burger. Mr. Burger only won 3 cases during his long and illustrious career- but he didn't consider all the cases he lost to be "losses" at all, because he wasn't in business to get innocent people convicted.

Prosecutors aren't supposed to go after innocent people- but I haven't seen any proof that the prosecutors in this case did that.

I reading about the great prosecutor Hamilton Burger. Mr. Burger only won 3 cases during his long and illustrious career- but he didn't consider all the cases he lost to be "losses" at all, because he wasn't in business to get innocent people convicted.
But they absolutely do. And it’s widespread. Quite often they use their conviction rates as a spring board to get elected to office, and/or the judiciary. It’s far more common (to go fore the win) than not.

I'm sure they were guilty of something.
People that are scot clean don't even appear on the radar.

I'm sure they were guilty of something.
People that are scot clean don't even appear on the radar.
There is no excuse for miscarriage of justice. None...

Forum List

Back