Two Israeli scientists who emigrated to U.S. win Nobel Prize in Chemistry

What's hilarious is that israel pushed two of these scientists out of the country and now that they win a nobel, want to take credit for them.

And that was my initial objection to this article, of the dozens of US articles and hundreds of international articles the one that gets posted is israel trying to take some kind of credit for these 3 scientists accomplishments when they had little to do with it.

What's hilarious is that israel pushed two of these scientists out of the country and now that they win a nobel, want to take credit for them.

And that was my initial objection to this article, of the dozens of US articles and hundreds of international articles the one that gets posted is israel trying to take some kind of credit for these 3 scientists accomplishments when they had little to do with it.

^^^^^
:doubt::doubt::doubt:

"In general I cannot say that the conditions in Israel were not good,” Levitt said, adding that he would like to move back to Israel on a permanent basis one day, with his Israeli wife."...:itsok:

:clap: :clap:

...."he would like to move back to Israel on a permanent basis one day, with his Israeli wife."

Like I said, if you ask them where they would like to spend their last days and be buried, they would say Israel.

^^^^^

"In general I cannot say that the conditions in Israel were not good,” Levitt said, adding that he would like to move back to Israel on a permanent basis one day, with his Israeli wife."...:itsok:

Oh---sherri left that part out.---------in my experience with Israelis in the USA_---Levitt's
intention is TYPICAL ------in fact----very very typical

I agree.

One of the scientists was born in South Africa and lured to Israel by false promises of opportunities obviously not forthcoming. He then left Israel.

One was never even a citizen of Israel.

^^^^^

Oh---sherri left that part out.---------in my experience with Israelis in the USA_---Levitt's
intention is TYPICAL ------in fact----very very typical
Yes, I've met a few Israelis myself who end up going back after they make it big over here. It's not only Israelis, this applies to all nationalities. You want to go back to homeland, it's only natural.

Well, one thing for sure, this thread about the success and achievement of three Jews, two of which are Israeli Americans has caused the Jew hating worms to go berserk, and they've to come crawling out of the woodwork. It's truly enjoyable watching their heads spin as they try to either discredit their achievement or disassociate them from being Israeli.

um, they left Israel.

they haven't moved back.

that should tell you something, dumbass.

Um, they own a place there and want to buy another....

"Currently, Levitt said, the couple owns an apartment in Rehovot, but they would like to move to Tel Aviv, which he called “an amazing and exciting city. That's what I would like to do” with his share of the $350,000 prize,"

Well, one thing for sure, this thread about the success and achievement of three Jews, two of which are Israeli Americans has caused the Jew hating worms to go berserk, and they've to come crawling out of the woodwork. It's truly enjoyable watching their heads spin as they try to either discredit their achievement or disassociate them from being Israeli.

um, they left Israel.

they haven't moved back.

that should tell you something, dumbass.

There is still time.

They said they would like to come back one day. That should say something too.

I love it when you haters are reaching:lol:

Israeli scientists?

They are only Israeli by birth. They are AMERICAN, by choice.
Nope, they were raised in Israel and went to one of the best universities in the world in Israel, and even taught there. Hard night last night? LOL

Last edited:
I'm proud of these two AMERICANS who won the Nobel Prize.

I am too.

And reading an article in Haaretz and comments to that article , it is clear that people in Israel see them as Americans too.

Nobel laureates Warshel and Levitt won prize for research begun in Israel - National Israel News | Haaretz
Yeah so? Nobody is denying that.

"Research begun in Israel". Which means the seeds were planted in Israel, and it came to fruition in the US. :clap:

I bet in your desperate attempt to express your hate, you didn't catch that slip up, did you? Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
This thread has some very worthwhile issues being discussed. None of which included the 290 posts I moved and formed another thread in the appropriate forum or those that were deleted by Staff.

Everyone got a free pass as far as I know. That time has passed, therefore, "Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum. Additionally, All violations will be subject to action by an Admin/Mod. Action taken could range from a warning, to Infraction, to banning and will be at Admin/Mod discretion."

Geez Roudy, I think you're the one diverting and it's rather comical. ISRAEL admits that this is a problem for them. They aren't burying their heads in the sand denying it like you are. They're calling on their government to do something about it. They recognize it while you deny it and divert.:doubt:
Who's denying, and what does it have to do with the point of this thread? Was the title of this thread "Israel's" brain drain?

I have some news for you. I bet if you ask these scientists who were born, raised and bred in Israel and served in the military, where they want to spend their last days, and be buried, they would say Israel.

Guess what? I agree. Again - I never said they "hate" Israel. What I'm saying, and what the articles I've quoted are saying is that Israel is not offering them, and other scientists the means to stay and it's a result of a combination of things that don't involve "hating Israel".

It is their intense Israeli "win against all odds" mindset that allowed them to take advantage of the opportunities in America. That's why it doesn't take too long for Israelis to be successful here. I can attest to that, based on personal experience, they always rise to the top like rockets. Once an Israeli always an Israeli, don't forget that. :clap:

Maybe so or maybe not. I wouldn't know. I do know there are many emigrants that have what it takes to succeed and make it to the top. I applaud them all - it's no easy thing :)
That is true, emigrants usually are hungrier and have greater sense of urgency to succeed at all costs.

The wives remain bitter against Israel.

That is reported in the articles.

We do not know the whole story of why.

It could be Israels racism.

But after reading their families have been split up and reading one wife spends most of her time in Israel with 2 of her 3 kids, 1 kid lives in the US, I expect this is the reason for their bitterness.

My husband has an aunt who did everything she could to get her two kids out of Iran, and she succeeded. But now, she lives in Iran with her husband, her daughter lives in the US, and her son lives in Canada. And she spends much of her time seeking to find ways to spend time with those kids and her grandchildren. Its a difficult life.

Stories like those of your "aunt-in-law" are not at all uncommon amongst
Iranians-----some STICK IT OUT in Iran in order to hold onto property, I first '
encounted jewish iranian---kids-----adolesecents-----sent out of Iran by their
parents way back in the 60s . The stink of islamicism was already in the
air at that time so people were saving their children
.--------eventually most of those parents just gave up and ran

The wives remain bitter against Israel.

That is reported in the articles.

We do not know the whole story of why.

It could be Israels racism.

But after reading their families have been split up and reading one wife spends most of her time in Israel with 2 of her 3 kids, 1 kid lives in the US, I expect this is the reason for their bitterness.

My husband has an aunt who did everything she could to get her two kids out of Iran, and she succeeded. But now, she lives in Iran with her husband, her daughter lives in the US, and her son lives in Canada. And she spends much of her time seeking to find ways to spend time with those kids and her grandchildren. Its a difficult life.

Stories like those of your "aunt-in-law" are not at all uncommon amongst
Iranians-----some STICK IT OUT in Iran in order to hold onto property, I first '
encounted jewish iranian---kids-----adolesecents-----sent out of Iran by their
parents way back in the 60s . The stink of islamicism was already in the
air at that time so people were saving their children
.--------eventually most of those parents just gave up and ran
The IslamoNazi arrival in Iran was a tragedy to it's people and the entire world. Yet Sherri adores them and regularly posts junk from their propaganda sites. What a friggin' lunatic.

Forum List

Back