Trying to quit.

If I can do it, anyone can!

I quit cold turkey after trying the patch and gum....then I'd go out with my friends drinking and bum a ciggy and next thing you know,,,,,

So one day I just said F-it, haven't smoked since!

Yeah, you'll be a bitch for about 2 weeks.....but it's worth it! :eusa_angel:

Just do a lot of this :eusa_pray: so you don't do this :smoke: even though you'll want to do this :banghead::eusa_wall::ack-1: while having a nic fit, just think, when it's all over you'll be this :cool: just don't get :evil: and light up and try to avoid :booze: because it will make you want to :smoke: and you don't want that!

:lol::clap2:

I'm trying to stop smoking at present. 30 years of Marlboro Lights is working against me.

Please be supportive and if I get pissy with you cut me some slack, OK? :eusa_pray:
Okay. When you get "pissy" I'll just say "It's okay that you are a dick; you've got throat cancer."

I'm trying to stop smoking at present. 30 years of Marlboro Lights is working against me.

Please be supportive and if I get pissy with you cut me some slack, OK? :eusa_pray:

Good luck. I stopped for 8 years after a few sessions of acupuncture. Went back to smoking for 4 years but have stopped since March now...again after only 3 sessions of acupuncture.

I recommend it wholeheartedly!

Good luck. I stopped for 8 years after a few sessions of acupuncture. Went back to smoking for 4 years but have stopped since March now...again after only 3 sessions of acupuncture.

I recommend it wholeheartedly!

I never tried that. Tried hypnosis a few years ago. Learned lots about my past but had a cigarette as soon as I left the office.

I never tried that. Tried hypnosis a few years ago. Learned lots about my past but had a cigarette as soon as I left the office.

I stopped smoking after my third session. I never went for hypnosis because everyone I know who tried it had the same experience as you.

I love my acupuncturist. I never got testy about quitting. Didn't stuff my face... didn't get nasty. The thing I know is I can't have even one cigarette because I'll start smoking again. And it's not that I never have a craving, but the cravings are manageable.

Do quit, many relatives I have have passed because of that goofy looking habit! God Bless you in your attempt.

Quit six years ago. Cold Turkey. Was easy that time because I had the will.

I had truly decided to take a cold hard look at what I was doing and when I thought I wanted a cig I told myself...yeah and a bullet in the head,. W

A self destructive idea is what a desire became for me and I had decide to give up a few self destructive habits.

good luck, but if you think you enjoy smoking it will be difficult. I had ended up disliking most everything about my habit.

I quite while my brother was in the final stages of terminal cancer, so don't allow anyone to tell you that stressful times are more difficult for quitting.

My house smelled of an ashtray, my pup was wheezing (I smoked three packs or more a day...chain)...

Good luck.

Smoking sucks and it stinks and there is nothing to be gained by sticking with the habit.

SO MAKE UP YOUR MIND TO QUIT YOU FUKIN' LOSER!!!!!!!

My brother did really well with the lozenges, don't take that new prescription drug it had some bad side effects and my friend said she was even more moody when she was on it then when she try to quit with out it.

My brother did really well with the lozenges, don't take that new prescription drug it had some bad side effects and my friend said she was even more moody when she was on it then when she try to quit with out it.

Don't worry. I would never take anything prescription for something like this.

I'm using Snus. So far, so good.

Don't worry. I would never take anything prescription for something like this.

I'm using Snus. So far, so good.
So you can get mouth cancer instead of lung cancer? Either way good luck! I thought about quiting and I didn't smoke all day but I just had one, so there went that. But I am really thinking about getting the lozenges! Through my health plan I think I can get some sort of help to quit!

Forum List

Back