Try Trump at the Ballot Box, Not in Court

I suspect that mud-berg is a plant. A disinformation agent of the left. It therefore seems likely that the left is starting to get a bit skittish regarding their fuck up. They thought (ie, they miscalculated) that an FBI raid on Trump would cause the Trump supporters to finally crack. Instead, inadvertently, they actually bolstered support for him.

Their miscalculation requires some corrective actions, now. So, their talking point memos to their pathetic operatives seem to include some trial balloons. “Let’s start a groundswell of support for the notion of not going after Trump by misusing the legal system. Instead, let’s just go after him in a more proper fashion. Old style politics. Hm. Yeah. Let’s see if we can motivate the people to ask to ‘beat him with the ballot’ instead.”
Already have beaten him with the ballot.
In 2020

You're just sad
And it gets sadder and sadder, as well as funnier and funnier.

I'm enjoying more and more by the moment the spectacle of the ignorant losers eating one another and thinking it makes them look hipper and hipper.

Isn't it just THAT funny?

• Funny
Reactions: kaz
then Biden can pardon him.
You actually think Biden would do that? Really? This is all about destroying the outsider who DARED to gate crash DC's little con game. The thing is, even if they convict him, maybe ESPECIALLY if they convict him, it won't stop him running and will likely lead to more votes than he got the last time.

These people are scared spitless of him getting back into control and I think they will resort to ANY MEANS NECESSARY to stop him. The sickest part of that is that even if he was assassinated, half the country would celebrate. Anyone who ever doubted the power of the media should never do so again. When they decide to ruin you, they WILL accomplish it.

But if someone stuck him in prison and he was un-Constitutionally kept from running, this writer may have a point. DC could expect to have to go the 3rd world route again by putting troops and barbed wire in DC AND in multiple red states. Not a very good "look" for so called progressives. That party has become an enemy of Americans and is close to pulling off an ACTUAL COUP. All I can say is folks on BOTH sides of this need to be deciding in a very sober way just how much his destruction is worth and what it will cost. Starting fires is easy. They can be damned near impossible to quench, though.

Already have beaten him with the ballot.
In 2020
Allegedly. And let’s just say that was true. It’s now an irrelevancy. Because the question is not what happened historically.

The question is: which option is preferable for the Dims, now?

(1) Try to beat him in a fair electoral battle OR
(2) try to destroy him in via legal system for no good cause and with no valid basis?

Last week, responding to Damon Linker’s persuasive arguments about the dangers of criminally prosecuting Trump, I ventured that we might have to sacrifice justice on the altar of prudence. The column provoked a fierce backlash, and while it may seem odd to say this, I’m in sympathy with my critics, and offer these reflections in all modesty. I may be wrong. Perhaps the right path is to pursue justice “though the Heavens fall.” But we cannot pretend that there is no risk to this path. In fact, the stakes could not be higher—the stability of our society—so it’s worth considering all of the possible outcomes before barreling forward.

The prosecute-and-be-damned party believes fervently that any hesitation to hold Trump criminally liable for his crimes amounts to appeasement and cowardly submission to what Michelle Goldberg calls “the insurrectionists’ veto.” Acknowledging that some on the right are “heavily armed” and speaking “lustily of civil war,” she objects that “The far right is constantly threatening violence if it doesn’t get its way. Does anyone truly believe that giving in to its blackmail will make it less aggressive?”

It’s a great point. The very worst part about refraining from prosecuting Trump is that it would seem to be a victory for bullying and intimidation. I concede that, and it burns. When Trump riles up his mobs and then threatens to unleash them on his opponents, one’s natural reaction is unprintable (by me anyway). It is precisely when he acts like a Mafia don or a fascist that the urge to slap him down with every available weapon is strongest.

One can hardly imagine a greater indictment of the POT than essentially saying, "if the overwhelming evidence of Trump's guilt is not enough to secure a conviction, or even if it is, prosecution is a dangerous endeavor because it would become a circus-like spectacle. Don would take advantage of it in ways that would be damaging to the republic and cause his cult to rally behind him." IOW, The Following is too Crazy to risk it. So let the criminal go free?

The rebuttal. To Charge or Not to Charge
If they are going to try him, then arrest him and try him, this is reminding of all the Hillary BS, lots and lots of noise but nothing is happening.

Our 'rule-of-law'......our 'no-man-is-above-the-law' ethic mandates we be disciplined and firm in enforcing both against any charged lawbreaker.
THIS^ point alone should cause fair-minded, rational people to stop and look around before they carry on against Trump. There is VOLUMINOUS evidence of the crimes of Hunter and Hillary, just to name a couple... and N O T H I N G has been done to prosecute them.

NO ONE in the FBI has spent a day in jail for the crimes they committed during their actions against a candidate for president, spying on that president, and now working with SPIES inside his fucking HOME to try to take him down.

"no man above the law" is bullshit when only the media-approved individual gets to walk.

try to destroy him in via legal system for no good cause and with no valid basis?
Despite their hysteria and mocking of the man, the play you mentioned above is their ONLY chance because they know they've been exposed to over half the nation as cheaters in 2020. Unless they can use the same tricks again - and that will NOT be allowed - they cannot beat him.

Of course. He has been fleecing his followers for months in preparation of doing so.
I love how you piss yourself every time you think that someone is getting a dime that YOU YOURSELF should be getting! You'd almost have to believe that it's YOUR dime!

Please keep this comedy gold going! We love it.

November approaches more rapidly by the day. It's going to be fun.

Allegedly. And let’s just say that was true. It’s now an irrelevancy. Because the question is not what happened historically.

The question is: which option is preferable for the Dims, now?

(1) Try to beat him in a fair electoral battle OR
(2) try to destroy him in via legal system for no good cause and with no valid basis?
You were doing ok until you got to option two.

You throw out a false premise here.
It is false to say that if Trump is ultimately "destroyed" by the legal system it will be for "no good cause and for no valid basis."
There are some pretty serious charges coming at Trump from several different angles.

*Fraud and tax evasion in The Southern District of New York
*Election tampering in Georgia
*Inciting an insurrection on Jan. 6th 2020
*Conspiracy to defraud The United States in the fake elector scheme of 2020
*Espionage
*Obstruction of justice

And I've probably even left a few off of here.
But as you can see, Trump makes his OWN troubles.
It is just the nature of who he is.
He's an amoral, unethical, fairly dim-witted, incompetent grifter who has never believed the laws should apply to him.
All of his life he's been able to just buy his way out of the trouble he causes but now....this time he's at the end of the proverbial rope....and he's thrashing around madly.
He cannot buy his way out of ANY of the legal threats now facing him.
It is uncharted water for him and for the first time in his life he doesn't know what to do.

So if the "legal system" winds up "destroying" him it will just mean that justice has finally caught up with him.
That's all.
It's not some conspiracy to "get him."
He's just got to stop breaking laws.

Um ... sure cowboy. Don't worry about us, worry about yourself. It's far beyond that we don't need your support. We really don't want it. I mean really, we don't
They just can't stop demanding that they must be in charge of the money that goes to Trump's coffers. It's hilarious!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

It is false to say that if Trump is ultimately "destroyed" by the legal system it will be for "no good cause and for no valid basis."
There are some pretty serious charges coming at Trump from several different angles.

*Espionage
*Obstruction of justice

He's an amoral, unethical, fairly dim-witted, incompetent grifter who has never believed the laws should apply to him.
All of his life he's been able to just buy his way out of the trouble he causes but now....this time he's at the end of the proverbial rope....and he's thrashing around madly.
It is uncharted water for him and for the first time in his life he doesn't know what to do.

So if the "legal system" winds up "destroying" him it will just mean that justice has finally caught up with him.
That's all.
Your pseudo analysis is bullshit.

There is no valid basis at present to be going after Trump. This politicization of the DOJ, the FBI and the cynical attempt to misuse the Court system to do so is absolutely unacceptable.

And they’ve gone too far and tipped their hand, this time.

*Espionage
*Obstruction of justice

That's all.
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

THIS^ point alone should cause fair-minded, rational people to stop and look around before they carry on against Trump. There is VOLUMINOUS evidence of the crimes of Hunter and Hillary, just to name a couple... and N O T H I N G has been done to prosecute them.

NO ONE in the FBI has spent a day in jail for the crimes they committed during their actions against a candidate for president, spying on that president, and now working with SPIES inside his fucking HOME to try to take him down.

"no man above the law" is bullshit when only the media-approved individual gets to walk.
Good GAAWD!
You Trumptards and your "whataboutism" whining SNOWFLAKE routine is getting SO tedious!
It's a childish ploy! Kids do it ALL the time.
One kid (let's call him Bobby) is getting busted for something and his ONLY defense is to remind the parent that they let (sibling) Timmy get away with it last week.

Just SILLY!

We did one already. The Devil Donnie went down to Georgia and lost his fiddle I hear.

Time for Part Deux. Time for Benedict Donald to have his day in court.
Oh, look how clever you are! I think the CDB really needs to check and see just how many times you've infringed on their coprwright.

And then maybe you should start thinking about writing something original.

We really are getting tired of your continual plagiarism.

Oh, look how clever you are! I think the CDB really needs to check and see just how many times you've infringed on their coprwright.

And then maybe you should start thinking about writing something original.

We really are getting tired of your continual plagiarism.
Who is "we" cowpoke? U got a frog in yer pocket or what?

Damn, cupcake, didn't mean to melt your frosting.

Who the fuck do you think you are, Jim Dandy to the Rescue?

There is no valid basis at present to be going after Trump. This politicization of the DOJ, the FBI and the cynical attempt to misuse the Court system to do so is absolutely unacceptable.

Quit yer whining SNOWFLAKE!

Quit yer whining SNOWFLAKE!

Why can’t we do both?
Rightwinger, we could conceivably have both.
Although Donald trump lost the popular vote in 2016, in 2017 the electors of our Electoral College, in full compliance with our U.S. Constitution, elected Trump to be president.

In 2020 more USA voters chose Joseph Biden rather than any other presidential candidate. Biden won both USA's popular votes and the votes for electors to the electoral College.
In 2021, despite a seditious mob that attempted to delay and possibly prevent the duly elected to be certified, the electors were certified, and our Electoral College, in full compliance with our U.S. Constitution, elected Biden to be president.

Donald Trump has been twice judged by us voters for the office of U.S. presidency, He won one and lost one.
It's conceivable that he could be nominated and again in 2025, be chosen by the Electoral College to again be our president,

I fully expect some members of the sixth of January mob will be found guilty of sedition against the USA. Once federal courts have determined that was a seditious mob, it's conceivable that Trump could be tried, and a jury could find him guilty of sedition against the USA.

Righwinger, yes, Donald Trump can both run again for president and be tried for sedition against the USA. Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back