Zone1 truth about Elohim

She creates her own scriptural meanings, see my signature, she actually called the requirements for salvation "epic myths".

Elohim is plural for gods in Canaanite. How the Hebrews came to use the word is fairly simple.

Elohim is plural for gods in Canaanite. How the Hebrews came to use the word is fairly simple.
It has a plurality of meanings.

The noun Elohim is plural but it is always used with a singular verb when it speaks of the true God. This indicates a unity and diversity within the nature of God. This unity and diversity is revealed in Scripture as the doctrine of the Trinity.

Elohim Is Used Of False Gods

Elohim is used not only for the true God but also for false gods.

Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold (Exodus 20:23).
The Term Is Also Used Of Angels

The term Elohim is also used of angels.

You made humanity little lower than the heavenly beings [Elohim] (Psalm 8:6)

It has a plurality of meanings.

The noun Elohim is plural but it is always used with a singular verb when it speaks of the true God. This indicates a unity and diversity within the nature of God. This unity and diversity is revealed in Scripture as the doctrine of the Trinity.

Elohim Is Used Of False Gods

Elohim is used not only for the true God but also for false gods.

The Term Is Also Used Of Angels

The term Elohim is also used of angels.

"I m" makes it plural like goyim is plural.

Abraham came from Urfa near Haran. He was a Canaanite.

As can be seen here by the variety of "takes" among these posts, opinions and "facts" would seem to vary. Perhaps partly the reflection of varied interpretations common to history and historians. For visual perspective, a few maps of the area to consider;

journeys_of_abraham_isaac_jacob-old_testament_map_1.jpg

WorldOfPatriarchs-2048x1534.jpg

20251a09-6969-4775-a164-ee8805f94692.jpg

Sumer+Akkad+map.jpg

~~~~~~~~~
Mesopotamia is site of the first, or one of the first(?), civilizations: Sumer, c. 4000 BC/BCE. That would eventually evolve into Akkad(Akkadian) and then into Babylon/Babylonia (also/later referred to as Chaldea).

Has nothing to do with the Koran or Islam. There were no Chaldeans or Ur of the Chaldees in the time of Abraham.

I have said nothing about lineage. Many of the old testament stories are originally from the Ugarit at Ras Shamra. They are older than Abraham.
Deflection.....is that all you know? What part of 600 years have you failed to comprehend? You can't address the history actual presented so you attempt to deflect and change the subject. Find the word either implied or omitted from the text I presented in provinng a Jewish lineage to Abraham.

Please point to the langauge where I addessed a Chaleanian history (the history I presented covered the generations of Biblical Israel from the time of captivity backwards proving that Abraham was an actual grand ansector of the very people who created the Jewish Nation Israel)..........I simply demonstrated how Abraham was known as the father of the Jewish nation known as Israel and how circumcism was adopted by Israel as a sign of righteousness. The point made is how Islam rejects the Jews and Israelite history and fiegns the righteousnees established by the faith of Abraham as their own rightesously private heritage in rejection of both Judaism and Christiainity....by denying the deity of Christ.

Paul simply proves that through the sacrificial blood of Jesus, there is no exclusive claim to the righteousness of the Living God through the physcial act of circumcision (its all about the faith that rests in the heart, because that is where the kingdom of God resides) all men can become joint heirs to the promises made to Abraham. Jesus stated quite clearly that God could make of stones........Son's of Abraham.

Last edited:
Elohim is another term for the Anunnaki.
... EXCERPT:
The Anunnaki (Cuneiform: 𒀭𒀀𒉣𒈾, also transcribed as Anunaki, Annunaki, Anunna, Ananaki and other variations) are a group of deities of the ancient Sumerians, Akkadians, Assyrians and Babylonians.[1] In the earliest Sumerian writings about them, which come from the Post-Akkadian period, the Anunnaki are deities in the pantheon, descendants of An and Ki, the god of the heavens and the goddess of earth, and their primary function was to decree the fates of humanity.

Etymology​

Akkadian cylinder seal impression depicting a vegetation goddess, possibly Ninhursag, sitting on a throne surrounded by worshippers (c. 2350–2150 BC)

The name Anunnaki is derived from An,[2] the Sumerian god of the sky.[2] The name is variously written "da-nuna", "da-nuna-ke4-ne", or "da-nun-na", meaning "princely offspring" or "offspring of An".[1]

The Anunnaki were believed to be the offspring of An and his consort, the earth goddess Ki.[1] Samuel Noah Kramer identifies Ki with the Sumerian mother goddess Ninhursag, stating that they were originally the same figure.[3][4] The oldest of the Anunnaki was Enlil, the god of air[5] and chief god of the Sumerian pantheon.[6] The Sumerians believed that, until Enlil was born, heaven and earth were inseparable.[7] Then, Enlil cleft heaven and earth in two[7] and carried away the earth[8] while his father An carried away the sky.[8]
~~~~~~~~~~~

The Anunnaki: Ancient Gods or Powerful Manipulators? | Gaia

The Annunaki | Ancient Sumerians Role In Modern Humanity

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note that Sumer and the "Anunnaki" predate Abraham and his pact with YHWH which starts the Jewish people/culture/religion. Abraham (Abram) was of Sumerian origins BTW.
Was Abraham the first person to speak with Elohim or Jehovah? were the Sumerians the first people to have contact with Elohim or Jehovah? I believe the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob first spoke with Adam and Eve. He even spoke with Cain. There are a long list of prophets between Adam and Abraham before the Sumerians. My point is that the Sumerians simply were apostates as well as Egyptians and others. For some reason, kjw47, a Jehovah Witness, is hung up on the idea that a persons name can also be their title. For instance, Jesus the Christ is named Jesus Christ. JW's can't get over the fact that both Jehovah and Jesus claimed they are the great "I Am." Which is both a name and a title. And, thus, Jesus is Jehovah, the God that came down from being a spirit and became a physical man. Atoned for our sins and resurrected to break the bands of death for all mankind.

Elohim translates--Supreme one or mighty one
Elijah translates-El is Yhwh
Israel translates-prince of EL
Angels and judges were called Elohim= proof it is not a name but a title
Psalm 109:26= Help me YHWH my Elohim

Those claiming it to be a name are wrong.
Such elementary thought process. Sad that these are the mouth pieces of Jehovah Witnesses. But, that's all they have.

Was Abraham the first person to speak with Elohim or Jehovah? were the Sumerians the first people to have contact with Elohim or Jehovah? I believe the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob first spoke with Adam and Eve. He even spoke with Cain. There are a long list of prophets between Adam and Abraham before the Sumerians. My point is that the Sumerians simply were apostates as well as Egyptians and others. For some reason, kjw47, a Jehovah Witness, is hung up on the idea that a persons name can also be their title. For instance, Jesus the Christ is named Jesus Christ. JW's can't get over the fact that both Jehovah and Jesus claimed they are the great "I Am." Which is both a name and a title. And, thus, Jesus is Jehovah, the God that came down from being a spirit and became a physical man. Atoned for our sins and resurrected to break the bands of death for all mankind.

Yeppers, they are adamantly opposed to the Trinity.

Yeppers, they are adamantly opposed to the Trinity.
Yes, the apostate groups anciently and modernly are apposed to the idea that God is a title, not a name and therefore there is a Godhead of three distinct personages of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Again. Why do you strain on a gnat and then attempt to swallow a camel? The God of creation is not known by the mistranlated vowel sounds of the German Language....i.e., JEHOVAH. God is the great I AM the THE ETERNALLY EXISTING MASTER of everything.....or more common LORD GOD. When the word Lord or God is used..........everyone comprehends just WHO is being addressed. ".........for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

The truth about the name "Jehovah": The name was not commonly used until the King James Translation came into being........in simple terms its simply a mistranlation of the Hebrew Word "YHWH" when translated into Greek means "LORD". When the Old Testament Hebrew Bible is translated into the Greek Language YHWH becomes "KURIOUS"......tanslated further, it means LORD or MASTER.......written in ALL CAPS...i.e., to indicate the name LORD comes from the Hebrew word YHWH.

As you have pointed out..........in the Old Testament there were several names given for God, but the names are not a proper name, the names recorded in the Old Testament history identified the Characteristics of God. Example: You find the word "Elohim" used over 3800 times in scripture to describe God............Elohim is a "plural" noun used to denote a "singular" form....such as Herd, or Tribe or Flock. When translated into Greek the term is Theos. God identified Himself to Abraham as "Almighty God". (Gen. 17:1).

It was a common practice of the Hebrew language to use other descriptors along with God or ELOHIM. Examples: Eternal God (Deut. 33:17). Living God (Josh 3:10).

Then we find the word "Yahweh" or "Lord" introduced for the 1st time to describe God. (Ex. 6:3).........this word that describes God is found over 6800 times in the Old Testament alone. The generally accepted meaning when translated into Greek is descriptive as "HE IS"......"ETERNAL"

Truth: Any one name is simply not adequate to describe the infinite being known as God

Just how did God's Name become "Jehovah" in the New Testament? The Israelites were concerned that God's name would be taken in vain. By the year 300 B.C. it was a Jewish tradition not to even pronounce God's name. Instead when God's name was required in the Bible the term "LORD" was used.........which is, as mentioned earlier a descriptuve term instead of a proper name......meaning HE IS MASTER...ETERNAL.
This Jewish tradition was picked up those who translated the Hebrew Bible in the "Septuagint" translation.

Jump ahead to the 6th century...........Hebrew was no longer comprehended by the vast majority of the population, it was a dying language being replaced by the Greek language that had become a universal languge around the time of the 1st century.........those in the Jewish communties who still had not accepted Christianity, were afraid that God's name would be mispronounced, thus taking the name of the Lord in vain.......since the Hebrew language consisted only of Consonants (no vowels) when written.......it concerned the Jewish leaders when translating it into Greek.

Jumping further ahead.......when the Bible was being translated into the English Lanague, THE GERMAN SYSTEM was used (which was a common practice in early English). What do you find in the German system? "J's" sound like "Y's" and "V's" sound like "W's".

The early translators did not know about the "vowel shifts" so they picked up the wrong vowels when translating. YHWH..GOD, became J which sounds like Y........and W which sounds like V.........YHWH became "Jehovah".

The King Jamnes Translation did not consistently use the word "Jehovah".......its used but "8" times in the Bible. However when you read from the "ASV" translation the term Jehovah is used 5,318 times in the Bible. The ASV or American Standard wanted more consistency in its translation.

Fact: it was not until the mid 1900s that people learned the correct way to pronounce YHWH in the orginal Hebrew language.
Someone in here said Elohim was God above YHWH.
I say Jehovah made his name known as well as his son-John 17:26
Mispronouncing Gods name isnt taking it in vain. Claiming to others you are his servant then doing the opposite of his will in front of them is taking his name in vain.
Israel constantly took his name in vain. It was by satans will Gods name was removed. God put it there because he wants it there.

Abraham's father made idols. Remember? The Hebrews were a tribe of Canaanites from Syria.

Abraham wasnt his Father.

She creates her own scriptural meanings, see my signature, she actually called the requirements for salvation "epic myths".
I encounter others like that calling Gods bible writers sheep herders. And they didnt know what they were saying. They will find out the hard way i guess. We can just pray for them to be helped.

God will show us all--He says in Ezekial about 20 x --They will have to know i am YHWH(Jehovah)
Well, he hasn't been able to show you yet. It's because of the hardness of your heart that the Holy Ghost cannot teach you.

By the time of Adam and Eve the Sumerians had agriculture, irrigation, a written language and sailboats.

LOL, which has nothing to do with the context. How is it you claim to be a Christian but don't believe in the Bible?

LOL, which has nothing to do with the context. How is it you claim to be a Christian but don't believe in the Bible?

Adam and Eve is a story not history. It may be about when hunter-gatherers stopped depending on God's providence and began agriculture or it may be about the first man and woman or the ancestors of the Jews.

Forum List

Back