Trump's ‘terrible things are going to happen’

Terrible things have already happened.

Michael T. Flynn, who was fired from his position as national security adviser, told U.S. President Donald Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation, the New York Times reported late Wednesday, citing two people familiar with the case.

Despite Flynn telling the team about the investigation into whether he secretly worked as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign on January 4, about a month after he was informed, Trump still gave Flynn the adviser position, the report said. That meant Trump’s team knew about the investigation earlier than was previously reported, the report said.

The report noted that the job gave Flynn, who was fired after 24 days, access not just to the president, but also to “nearly every secret” held by American intelligence agencies.

Now that we more fully understand Trump's contempt for national security concerns it makes sense that he would hire as his NSA a man under investigation for being an undeclared agent of a foreign country.
Indeed, far more horrible than the bordello on the border, 1000s of Americans left in Afghanistan, rising crime and homelessness and runaway inflation leaving working people destitute.

Good point.

Indeed, far more horrible than the bordello on the border, 1000s of Americans left in Afghanistan, rising crime and homelessness and runaway inflation leaving working people destitute.

Good point.
The withdrawal from Afghanistan is the only item on the list for which Biden deserves legit criticism. Though in large part it was due to a colossal miscalculation by the US military regarding the willingness to fight on the part of the Afghan army. Something Biden, as CIC, has to take responsibility for. Just as Trump should take responsibility for setting the wheels of the withdrawal in motion.

The withdrawal from Afghanistan is the only item on the list for which Biden deserves legit criticism. Though in large part it was due to a colossal miscalculation by the US military regarding the willingness to fight on the part of the Afghan army. Something Biden, as CIC, has to take responsibility for. Just as Trump should take responsibility for setting the wheels of the withdrawal in motion.
That will be of great comfort to the 1000s of Americans stranded in that shithole.

Still, Brandon is a failure across the board and everyone knows it.

Over the many years we have gotten endless excuses for Prog agendas and events. Even on the one you pointed out there is an addendum to it.

Wow. Taken you a while to abandon your 'they're all the same' shtick.
That's not saying they're the same, but I appreciate the effort.

What I have said, about a thousand times, is that they share many behaviors. And that, understandably, pisses off nutters on both ends.

In fact, I'll bet that if you utilize the search function, type in my name and "behaviors", you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. But I won't hold my breath.

Some people say "the two parties are the same", and I strongly disagree.
Ah, semantics, the game the whole bored can play.

/——-/ That would only help democRATs who would be free to continue destroying the country.
It would be great to have a serious thread about trump. Specifically, the effect he's had on our society, his followers, the GOP, our politics, his circle of friends - and how he turns on anyone who dares to think for themselves, and much more.

If such a thread could be kept on track it might help us see things from the other person's point of view - in some cases. Most Trump threads quickly turn into food fights but it's important for us to try to find some areas of agreement.

I'm as guilty as anyone, as far as the food fights are concerned. I'm an Indie, and there are many things I hate about both parties. And politicians on both sides suck. But if things are ever going to improve, it will take all of us, finding ways to work together.

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I've been running around like crazy today and I'm burned out.

It would be great to have a serious thread about trump. Specifically, the effect he's had on our society, his followers, the GOP, our politics, his circle of friends - and how he turns on anyone who dares to think for themselves, and much more.

If such a thread could be kept on track it might help us see things from the other person's point of view - in some cases. Most Trump threads quickly turn into food fights but it's important for us to try to find some areas of agreement.

I'm as guilty as anyone, as far as the food fights are concerned. I'm an Indie, and there are many things I hate about both parties. And politicians on both sides suck. But if things are ever going to improve, it will take all of us, finding ways to work together.

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I've been running around like crazy today and I'm burned out.
/———/ Ok, let’s start a serious discussion about Trump. Here is a short list of his accomplishments.
Review and discuss:
25 Top accomplishments of President Donald J. Trump

1. Executive order enacted Jan. 1, 2021 requiring hospitals to provide medical prices to patients upfront so they can shop around.

2. Reversing the ascent of the Islamic extremist terrorist group ISIS.

3. “Most Favored Nation” executive order so that the U.S. (through Medicare) would pay no more for a drug than what’s offered to foreign countries, saving the U.S. an estimated “$85 billion in savings over seven years and $30 billion in out-of-pocket costs.”

4. Moving the U.S. embassy in Israel to the capital of Jerusalem.

5. Building more than 450 miles of new and replacement border wall.

6. Leading U.S. to a level of energy independence (exporting more oil than importing for the first time in 70 years), allowing international policy decisions to be made with less regard to how an oil nation we once relied on would respond.

7. No new wars.

8. Drastic reduction in regulations, opening the door for entrepreneurs and businesses to succeed, expand, and hire more people. According to the Trump administration, they promised to eliminate two regulations for every new one, but actually wound up eliminating 8 old regulations for every 1 new regulation adopted, equating into an extra $3,100 a year for the average American household.

9. Expanding Republican reach among African Americans and other constituents who traditionally lean Democrat.

10. Cutting taxes in an initiative that benefitted every tax bracket.

11. Doubled the child tax credit.

12. Operation Warp Speed: accelerated development of coronavirus vaccines.

13. Eliminated the Obamacare penalty.

14. A series of trade agreements and changes seen as beneficial to Americans, including replacing NAFTA with USMCA.

15. Instead of 2-for-1, we eliminated 8 old regulations for every 1 new regulation adopted.

16. Provided the average American household an extra $3,100 every year.

17. Started the Space Force.

18. Instituted “Right to Try,” allowing terminally ill patients to use potentially lifesaving, unproven treatments.

19. Prioritized and made permanent funding for historically black colleges.

20. Brokered peace deals or normalization agreements between Israel and five Muslim and Arab-Muslim countries.

21. Banned the teaching of “Critical Race Theory” in the federal government.

22. Withdrew from Iran nuclear deal.

23. Withdrew from the Paris Climate Accord.

24. Instituted a Buy American policy within federal agencies.

25. Achieved a $400 billion increase in contributions by NATO allies by 2024 with the number of members meeting their minimum obligations doubling

Republicans make more money on average than democrats. I'm not talking about red States versus blue states. The takers in the red states and across the country are largely democrats.

"On average"? By individual? Or by party? Ir bt state?
Give us your sourcing.
Or don't keep repeating it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
when antifa and blm were burning down cities, raping, pillaging, looting, killing.
Didn't happen. It is a fantagasm by uber-rightist Q-Goons. Don't be one of those jackasses.
The poster Trout needs to prove what he irresponsibly asserts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hasn't even left wing media admitted that the Russia Hoax ......was complete bs.
No, they haven't. (whoever 'left wing media" may be?)
Prove what you assert.
Show that you are a man whose word is a good and reliable word.
Demonstrate that you have gravitas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You left out the two year hate orgy of Russian Collusion, which even the New York Times admits was complete bs.
No, the NYT did not.
If you think they did.....then show the forum your sourcing.
Show the that you are a man whose word is reliable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think keeping unarmed* Americans incarcerated without charges is ok, I don't know what to tell you.
What unarmed Americans?
Name the names.
Name the locations.
Describe the circumstances.
And then describe to us why you think each of those individuals has not been charged.
Saddle up, Slim. Show us what you are made of.

* a clue for the cluefull: Law enforcement here in the U.S. often.....hell, probably always......does not allow the incarcerated to be armed.

Duh!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"...currently have American Civilians in solitary with no charges."

See above.
Name names.
Name locations.
Tell us how you know what you claim you know.

I, for one, am skeptical you know what you are talking about.

So, show. Or go.

Give us your sourcing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't happen. It is a fantagasm by uber-rightist Q-Goons. Don't be one of those jackasses.
The poster Trout needs to prove what he irresponsibly asserts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, they haven't. (whoever 'left wing media" may be?)
Prove what you assert.
Show that you are a man whose word is a good and reliable word.
Demonstrate that you have gravitas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, the NYT did not.
If you think they did.....then show the forum your sourcing.
Show the that you are a man whose word is reliable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What unarmed Americans?
Name the names.
Name the locations.
Describe the circumstances.
And then describe to us why you think each of those individuals has not been charged.
Saddle up, Slim. Show us what you are made of.

* a clue for the cluefull: Law enforcement here in the U.S. often.....hell, probably always......does not allow the incarcerated to be armed.

Duh!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

See above.
Name names.
Name locations.
Tell us how you know what you claim you know.

I, for one, am skeptical you know what you are talking about.

So, show. Or go.

No, all of that happened. I'm not on your fantasy island.

Well...

If these pathetic yokels REALLY thought the election were stolen, they would have started shooting already. Outside of straight up assassination, what could be a more grotesque violation?

What you have in most Trump supporters are folks who are simply not very bright, like that he legitimizes their latent (or developed) bigotry, and/or just really hate the changes they see in the country. The fact that they cannot fathom that he is the poster child of globalization and elitism is what is really astonishing. Was it PT Barnum that said that nobody has ever went broke underestimating the idiocy of the average American or something like that? Trump has made his political life out of this very thing.
Wow.

First you should be extremely grateful we still think there’s a chance to right this ship and that’s the only thing that has saved you.

Second is maybe you should realize if you keep going you will get what you most fear. You had better stop.

Third, do you really think all of that derogatory hate you have for us is going to make us change? We get it. You’re the party of hate. What part of your diatribe and ranting do you think will make us join you… in anything.

The two ends of the spectrum have lost their shit in different ways. What has happened on the Right is a far more pressing, immediate matter, granted. That is clear.

But not coincidentally, much of what has animated these poor manipulated souls on the Right has at least a basis in reality. It's not 100% fantasy. And that's the fault of the Left losing ITS shit on PC, Identity Politics, and other cultural issues. The most effective lies include a kernel of truth.

As always, the two ends of the spectrum feed into the worst impulses of the other.
Oh no. The two ends of the spectrum speech. That gets old.

Give us your sourcing.

Who doesn't know this? It is almost like Democrats don't even know they are the party of the poor and least successful.

Income

Financially, Republicans fare better than either Democrats or Independents, and tend to identify themselves as such. Republican candidates gain a significantly higher percentage of votes from individuals with incomes over $50,000 per year, and the advantage increases along with the income level, to a height of 63 percent of individuals earning $200,000 or more a year supporting Republicans. This level is the direct inverse of individuals earning less than $15,000 a year, who support Democrats at 63 percent and Republicans at only 36 percent.

Republicans also express a much higher level of satisfaction with their personal financial situation than either Democrats or Independents. Before the U.S. economy’s downturn, an all-time high of 81 percent of Republicans expressed satisfaction with their personal financial situation. That number dropped to 61 percent in 2009, but it is still significantly higher than the corresponding 52 percent of Independents and 49 percent of Democrats. A much larger proportion of Republicans than Democrats also identify themselves as “haves” versus “have-nots.”

Economic Demographics of Republicans & Conservatives

Bingo. Because it would never occur to him to do the right thing for the country.
I liked the Trump approach to avoiding getting us into stupid wars. I also liked the lack of serious inflation and the prices of gasoline at the pump.

I fully supported Trump’s efforts to drain the Swamp although he was unable to make much headway becasue the Swamp is a lot more corrupt than either he or I suspected. I am sick and tired of the Clintons, the Pelosi family, the Biden family and countless other Congress Critters in D.C. making themsleves rich beyond belief through corruption.

I feel Trump as a damn good President and I liked the idea he had of making our nation great again.

I think America last peaked when Obama won his first term in office. Unfortunately Obam was a divider not a uniter.

Republicans also express a much higher level of satisfaction with their personal financial situation than either Democrats or Independents.
----------------------------------
Hence, we get Bill Clinton scoring a ton of points for Obama at the Democratic Convention in 2008.

I'll paraphrase. 'Republicans are the type of American who has achieved some comfort. And then says to the rest of America.....I got mine, so screw you, you loser.'

Now, I cannot say if that is the real world reality. But there is some resonance there. No?

How much contradiction can we get in one Trump communication?

He said:

"The country is in a very dangerous position."

Yes it is, and mostly it seems to be caused by a guy who'll open his mouth and shout to get what he wants without thinking about the consequences to his actions.

"There is tremendous anger, like I’ve never seen before,"

Well, there's tremendous anger, if he's not see anything like this before, race riots for example, then he's either not been watching closely, or, more likely, everything he says he exaggerates in order to make it sound worse than it actually is.

"over all of the scams, and this new one, years of scams and witch hunts, and now this,”

It's not a "witch hunt" if they ACTUALLY FIND WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING FOR. And they did find what they were looking for.

"The former president told the outlet that he “will do whatever” he can “to help the country”,"

What does he think his actions are doing? He's not helping the country one bit, never did. He helped himself and nobody else.

"Mr Trump said that Americans are “not going to stand for another scam”"

The scam is Trump saying whatever he wants, putting people's lives in danger, putting the country in danger. It's not a "witch hunt" or a "scam" if they actually find what they're looking for.
trump is the most corrupt in history, it's a shame so many participate in his cult...

1660701785469.png

Forum List

Back