Trump's respect for service members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for you guys.......................Donald Trump thinks that people who are smart, DON'T join the military. He recently said this...............

According to eyewitnesses, after a White House briefing given by the then-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joe Dunford, Trump turned to aides and said, “That guy is smart. Why did he join the military?”

Now, I don't know why others joined the military, but for a poor country boy from Montana, joining the US Navy seemed like my best shot for seeing places I would never be able to see otherwise. I've been to 26 different countries, and 49 different states, only missing Alaska. Granted, nobody ever got rich serving in the military, as the pay isn't really all that great. As an E-6 over 20 years of service, I only cleared 36,000 my last year of active duty. And, my last tour, I ran the Navy office for Amarillo MEPS, my boss was all the way down in San Antonio. If I was to do the same job in the civilian community, I would have been earning 120,000 to 150,000/year, maybe even more.

Does this make me "stupid" or "not smart" for spending over 20 years of my life in the Navy? Personally? I think it was one of the better decisions I ever made. Not only did I get to see a whole bunch of really cool stuff, but I now have a pension and health care for the rest of my natural, no matter what. And, having an income you can depend on is pretty important right now. Not everyone has the security that I do.
red herring and an attempt to divert away from the lie the Atlantic spewed
What are the odds that MSNBC had a political ad where parents of dead service members are saying my son isn't a loser? The advertisers are really really fast or it's just a planned attack.

Actually, this thread is about Trump and whether or not he respects those of us who served in the military. Me personally? I don't think he respects the military members, just pays them lip service. And, yeah, as a retired military member, I find his comment about smart people not joining the military kinda offensive. Some of the brightest and most intelligent people I've ever met, served alongside me in the Navy. Yes, smart people DO join the military. Matter of fact, of those in this country who are between 18 and 35 (age requirement for enlisting), only 30 percent of them are even eligible to join. Of that 30 percent, only about 1 to 2 percent actually do join. And, of those who actually enlist, only a small percent actually make it all the way to retirement.

I'm happy to be part of that elite club. Trump, even if he wanted to, probably wouldn't have been eligible to join, and even if he did, chances are that he never would have made it to retirement.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

This would fall perfectly inline with what he said about McCain. So if kneeling is disrespectful, what is this?
I guess you haven't heard Trump paid hookers to go piss on all graves of dead soldiers pass it on
No didn't hear that but did hear THE FAILING NY TIMES is up FOUR HUNDRED % under Mark Thomson What a great business man the AH trump is
fiction stories usually do sell in a market that people are searching for fantasy
Trump saying what he said can be backed up by multiple sources.
ok show those sources
If this is anything like all the rest of those un named sources attacks against him don't bother because you have nothing
The Atlantic, the Associated Press, and the Washington Post, are all backing the story; Did Trump call US war dead "losers" and "suckers"? The controversy, explained.

Big deal. They have ALL been shown to publish sheer bullshit. They have lost all credibility so what they "report" without verifiable sources is immaterial.
Remember that time we saw biden pissing on the grave of dead soldiers?

Yup, and kamala was spitting on them too. Saw it with my own eyes!
didn't she wipe her shit covered underwear on the headstones?
Lies are all the Right have. Lol! This is what they are reduced to. Actually that's what they always do. Make shit up. Ha liar, want to take a stab at proving your claims?

Pot, meet fucking KETTLE!
What is there about Trumps past or present that leads you to believe anything he says?

The fact that he has done everything he said he would while running for president. He is the ONLY candidate who has ever delivered on the majority of what he promised to do.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

This would fall perfectly inline with what he said about McCain. So if kneeling is disrespectful, what is this?
I guess you haven't heard Trump paid hookers to go piss on all graves of dead soldiers pass it on
No didn't hear that but did hear THE FAILING NY TIMES is up FOUR HUNDRED % under Mark Thomson What a great business man the AH trump is
fiction stories usually do sell in a market that people are searching for fantasy
ok show those sources
If this is anything like all the rest of those un named sources attacks against him don't bother because you have nothing
The Atlantic, the Associated Press, and the Washington Post, are all backing the story; Did Trump call US war dead "losers" and "suckers"? The controversy, explained.

Big deal. They have ALL been shown to publish sheer bullshit. They have lost all credibility so what they "report" without verifiable sources is immaterial.

Lies are all the Right have. Lol! This is what they are reduced to. Actually that's what they always do. Make shit up. Ha liar, want to take a stab at proving your claims?

You aren't presenting any arguments, which is why you are a loser.

Which proves what a dipshit you are. How do you prove a negative? GO!

There are no negatives up against your non-argument.

36-cat.jpg

ok show those sources

What is there about Trumps past or present that leads you to believe anything he says?
LOL! 20,000 lies and he believes none of them are lies. This is how far Trump's cult has gotten.

ok show those sources

LOL! 20,000 lies and he believes none of them are lies. This is how far Trump's cult has gotten.

List a few.

From your link:

"according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day"

Just how long are some of you going to keep falling for the same illegitimate reporting?

ok show those sources
The Atlantic, the Associated Press, and the Washington Post, are all backing the story, Trump will never be president in 2016

Morons You want corroborating evidence that your scum uttered those words ?? Go to FOX They agreed

ok show those sources

The fact that he has done everything he said he would while running for president. He is the ONLY candidate who has ever delivered on the majority of what he promised to do.
Lol! He hasn't delivered on anything. No new health plan, Mexico didn't pay for the wall, he skyrocketed the debt, he said Covid was a hoax, and there are 187,000 dead, the GDP has gone no where, Trump said he was bringing back coal and that didn't happen, and on and on. He didn't do shit. What alternate universe are you living in?

ok show those sources

But two items deserve further mention here.

First, the Atlantic’s sources for those scenes are “four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day.” It’s unclear from that attribution whether they actually heard Trump say those comments directly, or if they heard about his remarks from someone who did.

That lack of specificity may be to protect the sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity. After all, if Goldberg wrote “according to four people to whom Trump made those remarks,” then it’d be pretty easy for the administration to identify those people. Plus, without not-for-attribution reporting, some misdeeds or scandals wouldn’t come to light for fear of retribution. Still, not knowing exactly who heard what — with none of the sources on the record — muddies the picture.

Second, and more importantly, there’s evidence to suggest Trump’s decision not to travel to the cemetery had nothing to do with his hair.

Documents obtained by BuzzFeed News’s Jason Leopold via the Freedom of Information Act seem to show the US Navy canceled Trump’s helicopter ride to the cemetery due to the bad weather. An email obtained by the Washington Examiner on Thursday night, relayed to the outlet by an unnamed White House official with the sender’s and receiver’s names redacted, appeared to confirm a “BAD [weather] call” had been made.

The Atlantic, the Associated Press, and the Washington Post, are all backing the story, Trump will never be president in 2016
Of course, because they all live in the "orange man bad" MSM echo chamber. One tells a lie and the others 'corroborate' that lie.

ok show those sources
He actually wasn't elected legally, so they were right. Voter purges stole over a million votes in battleground states, 868 poll closings in the south prevented millions of minorities from voting, campaign finance violations with porn stars, and help from Russian agents by way of giving them polling data, turned the election into a sham, and he still lost the popular vote.

Of course, because they all live in the "orange man bad" MSM echo chamber. One tells a lie and the others 'corroborate' that lie.
You don't know what the lie is, and you sure as hell can't prove it, because you're a loser.

Trump can shit in a hat and they'd wear it
For those who served and are active, he has helped them. That is all you have to know. Progs and their Alinsky preaching while giving the military in this case worn out equipment and massively reduced budgets is par for the course. We can live with some cities nuked. Really. It will be funny.

ok show those sources
He actually wasn't elected legally, so they were right. Voter purges stole over a million votes in battleground states, 868 poll closings in the south prevented millions of minorities from voting, campaign finance violations with porn stars, and help from Russian agents by way of giving them polling data, turned the election into a sham, and he still lost the popular vote.
So Hillary is a retard for conceding

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I like funny peepl like u

ok show those sources

But two items deserve further mention here.

First, the Atlantic’s sources for those scenes are “four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day.” It’s unclear from that attribution whether they actually heard Trump say those comments directly, or if they heard about his remarks from someone who did.

That lack of specificity may be to protect the sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity. After all, if Goldberg wrote “according to four people to whom Trump made those remarks,” then it’d be pretty easy for the administration to identify those people. Plus, without not-for-attribution reporting, some misdeeds or scandals wouldn’t come to light for fear of retribution. Still, not knowing exactly who heard what — with none of the sources on the record — muddies the picture.

Second, and more importantly, there’s evidence to suggest Trump’s decision not to travel to the cemetery had nothing to do with his hair.

Documents obtained by BuzzFeed News’s Jason Leopold via the Freedom of Information Act seem to show the US Navy canceled Trump’s helicopter ride to the cemetery due to the bad weather. An email obtained by the Washington Examiner on Thursday night, relayed to the outlet by an unnamed White House official with the sender’s and receiver’s names redacted, appeared to confirm a “BAD [weather] call” had been made.

Actually, Marine One is one of the more advanced helicopters that Sikorsky makes, and it is constantly being upgraded. Sorry, but a little bad weather isn't enough to ground Marine One.

ok show those sources

You aren't presenting any arguments, which is why you are a loser.

Which proves what a dipshit you are. How do you prove a negative? GO!

There are no negatives up against your non-argument.

36-cat.jpg

Lookat this loser folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back