Trump's New York Hush-Money Case Will Start March 25. It's The First Criminal Trials.

If he does go down on this, it's not for paying Stormy Daniels. It will be for trying to cover up Cohen's crime of paying her off.
Got a link showing Alvin's charge? There are 34 of them.

“I think it is ridiculous,” Turley said. “[Bragg] is trying too hard. There comes a point when you try too hard and this is that point that what Bragg is doing is bootstrapping of an alleged federal crime and converting it into a state prosecution. That’s a crime that the Department of Justice did not find grounds to prosecute. But Bragg — that didn’t stop Bragg. He is using that claim of a federal election violation, referred to repeatedly, as part of this effort to conceal. So it’s a very odd type of prosecution, even though this provision has been used in past cases, I don’t know of any case like this one that bootstraps a federal offense of that kind.”

Last edited:
Got a link showing Alvin's charge? There are 34 of them.

“I think it is ridiculous,” Turley said. “[Bragg] is trying too hard. There comes a point when you try too hard and this is that point that what Bragg is doing is bootstrapping of an alleged federal crime and converting it into a state prosecution. That’s a crime that the Department of Justice did not find grounds to prosecute. But Bragg — that didn’t stop Bragg. He is using that claim of a federal election violation, referred to repeatedly, as part of this effort to conceal. So it’s a very odd type of prosecution, even though this provision has been used in past cases, I don’t know of any case like this one that bootstraps a federal offense of that kind.”

Forum List

Back