Trump's negative numbers. Can the be overcome? I say yes

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
But this is based on my logic so I'm sure most will disagree.

Let's use the police as an example. Their negative numbers are crazy high in certain populations but at the end of the day who will be the first ones called if there is a robbery or some other crime in action?

I may hate how powerful my goverment has become but I would never vote to abolish it and deal with the anarchy that would ensue.

Likewise even if Trump has negative numbers that would keep any sane politician from running to begin with, the "establishment" or "government" has even worse numbers. Just look at congresses approval numbers for proof of how the "establishment" is hated.

At the end of the day you have Trump, an unliked candidate, and Hillary who is completely tied to the establishment in DC.

I think this election is wide open atm

1. Polls are finicky to put it mildly.
2. I think a lot of people putting the negative tag on Trump were casting aspersions for their own guy in the race. Many of those will coalesce now.
3. When the reality of Hillary sets in, Trump will be a f*cking rock star by comparison. Nobody wants that crusty clam felon except for the hardcore libtards.

Dems, Republicans, the media, they all worked together to stop Trump in the primaries and failed miserably. They'll most likely continue to fail in the general. The American people are onto their game.

• Banned
Dems, Republicans, the media, they all worked together to stop Trump in the primaries and failed miserably. They'll most likely continue to fail in the general. The American people are onto their game.
The Dems have their plates full with Bernie. Republicans had A LOT of candidates to choose from. The media is the media, nothing new there.

Let's use the police as an example. Their negative numbers are crazy high in certain populations but at the end of the day who will be the first ones called if there is a robbery or some other crime in action?

I may hate how powerful my goverment has become but I would never vote to abolish it and deal with the anarchy that would ensue.

Likewise even if Trump has negative numbers that would keep any sane politician from running to begin with, the "establishment" or "government" has even worse numbers. Just look at congresses approval numbers for proof of how the "establishment" is hated.

At the end of the day you have Trump, an unliked candidate, and Hillary who is completely tied to the establishment in DC.

Go to this site and work out a path for Trump to get to 270:

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

There’s a realistic scenario where Clinton gets to 272 losing Ohio, Virginia, and Florida – no such scenario exists for Trump.

Trump not only must win all three of those states, but flip a blue state from the 2012 General Election as well, and that’s assuming he wins all the red states from 2012.

The Dems have their plates full with Bernie. Republicans had A LOT of candidates to choose from. The media is the media, nothing new there.
Bernie might turn out to be more divisive than Trump. His supporters are pretty stubborn.

• Banned
Bernie might turn out to be more divisive than Trump. His supporters are pretty stubborn.

Stubborn is not the term I would use to describe them. Parasites suits them better I think. Just like the OWS crowd

• Banned

There’s a realistic scenario where Clinton gets to 272 losing Ohio, Virginia, and Florida – no such scenario exists for Trump.

Trump not only must win all three of those states, but flip a blue state from the 2012 General Election as well, and that’s assuming he wins all the red states from 2012.
All meaningless bullshit at this point. Thanks but no thanks.

I have him at 277. He'll take Fla., Ohio, N.C., Pa., and N.H.

Gonna be a blowout with Trump winning states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Ohio, Florida, Virginia.

Btw, that map you listed only gives Hillary 217 starting; they didn't put the hardcore lefty spin on it that you did.

Like I said, I think Trump is gonna blow the doors off the Hillary campaign. But I can see a scenario where the machinery goes into overdrive and she gets 281-299. God help us if that felon is put into the White House. Frankly, Democrats have no shame even trotting her out let alone voting her to this post.

Who else would you call? Logic fallacy.

Irrelevant in the binary system we have for President.

Hillary has to make some major mistakes to allow Trump a victory. Trump's likability is a problem in one part because the sheer numbers of his own party that will not vote for him (see this board for an example). Secondly, the independents that would be needed are not going to show up for him.

Third, this goes to the GOP silliness...the DEMS are energized. For a 3rd year POTUS election where Obama fatigue should be hurting the chances of his party, it's actually not a factor this time around. They smell blood in the water.

It will be a sweet victory for liberals.

People don't hate the idea of "congress". They hate who's running it.

• Why would you want him to overcome those numbers? He's already shown he has no idea how to run a country, and would be the worst president ever. If his advisers get him to stop saying goofy stuff now, that won't make him competent.

Have you observed how alpha male vs omega female usually goes down in nature?

By the end the female is willing to surrender control, without even putting up a fight.

Forum List

Back