Trump wants to eliminate income tax, but replace it with tariffs on imported goods.

Do you really not see an upside to having more manufacturing in America and friendly countries in Asia at the expense of the chicoms?

It seems pretty obvious to me
Oh I would definitely prefer that sure… but you are talking about imposing a tax that will raise the cost of goods for the next 10-20 years in order to get there. Doing so on the heels of years of massive inflation caused by COVID.

So if you are going to support a policy that throws gas on the fire then it should be analyzed and understood and worth it.

So I’ll ask again. How are we better off having manufacturers move to Vietnam? Articulate it so we can see if those benefits are worth the pain it will cause to get there

So I’ll ask again. How are we better off having manufacturers move to Vietnam?
We are better off by not having to depend on our biggest enemy for consumer products that we dont make here

China depends on that market and taking it away hurts their economy

And since we are importing from Vietnam there is no tariff that US consumers will have to pay

Stop with the straw man mind reader act, imbecile. It sounds good to me because I’m a fan of Ron Paul, who said in 2008 he would abolish the IRS if elected. So GFY.
Clearly the lack of understanding of a strawman logical fallacy is among the many deficits that you suffer from. I did not assign an argument to you that you did not make, In fact you made no argument. I then called you out on the obvious. Now your invoking Ron Paul as your reason for supporting this tariff plan. You are still not making a coherent argument and still following blindly. In fact you are not making any argument at all. Your utterances are nothing more than an appeal to ignorance logical fallacy

In addition your juvenile "go fuck yourself" taunt just confirms you abysmal level of emotional maturity which is very much aligned with your level intellectual development. Now lets see if you can actually explain how the country could function without an income tax and what effect high tariffs have on the economy ? Dare you to try

biden-malarkey.jpg

As you know, inflation does not take years to develop. In this case, it began the day President Biden was elected due to his wild promises. It is still not under control, and we're in a mess.

2023%2011%2015%20Inflation.jpg

^^^^ Your own graph shows inflation on the rise long before the Trump/Biden election.

We are better off by not having to depend on our biggest enemy for consumer products that we dont make here

China depends on that market and taking it away hurts their economy

And since we are importing from Vietnam there is no tariff that US consumers will have to pay
Ok so would it be fair to say that you want to inflict financial pain on US consumers for 10-20 years but charging tariffs to China, which will cause consumer goods to increase in price so that manufacturing will be forced to move to Vietnam. So now China is weaker. And we are still dependent on a foreign country for consumer goods. A country that a few facades ago we were at war with.

What happens to your plan if Vietnam becomes an enemy again in the next 20-30 years?

Clearly the lack of understanding of a strawman logical fallacy is among the many deficits that you suffer from. I did not assign an argument to you that you did not make, In fact you made no argument. I then called you out on the obvious. Now your invoking Ron Paul as your reason for supporting this tariff plan. You are still not making a coherent argument and still following blindly. In fact you are not making any argument at all. Your utterances are nothing more than an appeal to ignorance logical fallacy

In addition your juvenile "go fuck yourself" taunt just confirms you abysmal level of emotional maturity which is very much aligned with your level intellectual development. Now lets see if you can actually explain how the country could function without an income tax and what effect high tariffs have on the economy ? Dare you to try
No, dumbass, you assigned a straw man in the form of trying to tell me what I think. Guess what, asshole, you were wrong.
Again, GFY.
Now your invoking Ron Paul
It’s “you’re”, as in “you’re” an imbecile.

Last edited:
Now you are just being silly

I dont mind defending ideas

But I wont be your straight banana
I’m nit being silly. The core of the issue IMO isn’t China, it’s being reliant on foreign countries to supply us with goods that we need and should be making at home.

I don’t see having a strong economic relationship and shared interests with China as a bad thing. It gives us power and leverage with them should other conflicts arise. Hurting them and isolating them makes them more of a treat to us.

But the bottom line is the impact your agenda would have on our people and economy… we don’t need gas on the inflation fire for the next 10-20 years just to get our goods from Vietnam and increase the threat from China. It doesn’t sound like you’re thinking everything through. Dont be so quick to jump on the Trump defense train. It often leads to a pickle

I found a different source that says $1.4 trillion. But that's still way short of the $4 trillion you stated.
$4T is the value of the goods imported. To replace the $3.29T in revenue generated by income tax with tariffs, you would need to place a 82% tariff on that $4T of imports.

Inflation would be insane. Countries would place retaliatory tariffs on US goods. At best it would collapse the US economy. At worst it would collapse the world economy.

I’m nit being silly. The core of the issue IMO isn’t China, it’s being reliant on foreign countries to supply us with goods that we need and should be making at home.

I don’t see having a strong economic relationship and shared interests with China as a bad thing. It gives us power and leverage with them should other conflicts arise. Hurting them and isolating them makes them more of a treat to us.

But the bottom line is the impact your agenda would have on our people and economy… we don’t need gas on the inflation fire for the next 10-20 years just to get our goods from Vietnam and increase the threat from China. It doesn’t sound like you’re thinking everything through. Dont be so quick to jump on the Trump defense train. It often leads to a pickle
The core of the issue is china

We made a big mistake by normalizing trade with them back in the 1990s

Eggheads in the west convinced everyone that china would morph into a non-threatening western style democracy

We encouraged western companies to build factories in china and teach the chinese how to operate them

But all we have done is grow the beast and make it more fearsome

You worry about Vietnam turning into our enemy

The Viets worry about being dominated by china

And so does every other nation in the region including Japan

They see the danger and you dont

The core of the issue is china

We made a big mistake by normalizing trade with them back in the 1990s

Eggheads in the west convinced everyone that china would morph into a non-threatening western style democracy

We encouraged western companies to build factories in china and teach the chinese how to operate them

But all we have done is grow the beast and make it more fearsome

You worry about Vietnam turning into our enemy

The Viets worry about being dominated by china

And so does every other nation in the region including Japan

They see the danger and you dont
First off I don’t worry about Vietnam becoming an enemy, I brought up that point to show that the core issue isn’t enemy vs ally but more so foreign dependency on manufacturing of goods.

And I do see the threats from China. I just made a point that pricking them with tariffs and taking trade and manufacturing away is only going to increase the threat.

If they have less to lose economically then that’s less stopping them from acting on many things we don’t want them acting on.

Ever hear the phrase “keep your enemies close”? There is wisdom in that.

I brought up that point to show that the core issue isn’t enemy vs ally but more so foreign dependency on manufacturing of goods.
I think you are a globalist at heart relying on an unnatural argument to use against the hated MAGAs

Because if the proposal was to bring back manufacturing to America you would be laughing harder than anyone

Balanced trade and peaceful relations with china is not possible as long as the CCP is in power

I think you are a globalist at heart relying on an unnatural argument to use against the hated MAGAs

Because if the proposal was to bring back manufacturing to America you would be laughing harder than anyone

Balanced trade and peaceful relations with china is not possible as long as the CCP is in power
I believe in a balance between globalism and nationalism. Too much in any direction and it’s not good. We went too far over the past three decades and we screwed our countries ability to manufacture. I’d love to see it come back but it’s not so simple as it could destroy our economy. A smart strategy needs to be put in place.

If you want to play the partisan hypocrisy games I could point out how you are wanting to use the power of the federal government to tax goods to influence businesses on how and where to manufacture. So very commie of you.

I believe in a balance between globalism and nationalism. Too much in any direction and it’s not good. We went too far over the past three decades and we screwed our countries ability to manufacture. I’d love to see it come back but it’s not so simple as it could destroy our economy. A smart strategy needs to be put in place.

If you want to play the partisan hypocrisy games I could point out how you are wanting to use the power of the federal government to tax goods to influence businesses on how and where to manufacture. So very commie of you.
Tariffs have been part of world economies for several hundred years before Marx and Engels

At the very least libs should agree to raise tariffs on china equal to the lower environmental standards that they have

Forum List

Back