Trump to Suspend Payroll Taxes Till End of Year

Lol name an election the Dems warned about the Reps taking away SS? It is almost as common as calling them racist.

1.) Which political party took Social Security from the independent trust fund and put it into the general fund so Congress could spend it? It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratically controlled House and Senate.

2.) Which political party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding? Again it was the Democratic Party.

3.) Which party started taxing Social Security annuities? The Democratic party, with Al Gore casting the tie-breaking vote as president of the Senate, while he was vice president of the United States.

4.) Which political party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants? That’s right — Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments. The Democratic Party gave these payments to them even though they never paid a dime into Social Security.

Yeah in true Democrat fashion they are blaming the Republicans for WHAT THEY DID!!!!

Mark my words.

If I’m victorious on November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax. So I’m going to make them all permanent.

Remarks by President Trump in Press Briefing | The White House

Trump’s payroll tax cut, if made permanent, would make that happen even quicker, as soon as 2023, said Nancy Altman, president of Social Security Works, an advocacy organization.

Snip

Notably, this isn’t the first time that a payroll tax holiday has been put in place. President Barack Obama’s administration also implemented payroll tax cuts around 2011, (In 2011 and 2012, the Obama administration cut payroll taxes by 2 percentage points to 4.2 percent. It cost about $800 billion over the course of several years, according to the analysis.) Akabas said, at which point general revenue was used to replace the money in Social Security’s funds.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/10/tru...ld-terminate-social-security-critics-say.html

How does Trump's payroll tax cut plan compare to Obama's
------------------------------------------
One knows they can never depend on the stock market.
Every election you guys say that........EVERY ELECTION.........now please continue and repeat after me......

If you vote GOP......they will kick puppies.........and feed your grandma dog food.

If Barry cut payroll taxes several times, why is SS and Medicare still here?

Seems like a hysterical thread by a TDS afflicted simpleton.
In 2011 and 2012, the Obama administration cut payroll taxes by 2 percentage points to 4.2 percent.
(he also did not make them permanent.)
How many old people died because of those draconian cuts by Barry?

None, and he started the ACA.
Barry cuts payroll taxes = Good thing

Trump cuts payroll taxes = THE END OF SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a clown.

Tax cuts get Dems screaming like stuck pigs. lol Oh the horror of letting people keep THEIR money they earned.

That's not the point behind Penelope's post and you know it, you piece of shit.
I'm sure if you are not on SS or Medicare, you are ready to return your entitlements back to the gov't, right, hypocrite???

Lol name an election the Dems warned about the Reps taking away SS? It is almost as common as calling them racist.

1.) Which political party took Social Security from the independent trust fund and put it into the general fund so Congress could spend it? It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratically controlled House and Senate.

2.) Which political party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding? Again it was the Democratic Party.

3.) Which party started taxing Social Security annuities? The Democratic party, with Al Gore casting the tie-breaking vote as president of the Senate, while he was vice president of the United States.

4.) Which political party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants? That’s right — Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments. The Democratic Party gave these payments to them even though they never paid a dime into Social Security.

Yeah in true Democrat fashion they are blaming the Republicans for WHAT THEY DID!!!!

Of course they have to pay for it somehow, such with FICA (payroll holding tax) Both sides have been robbing peter to pay paul, taking money out of SS.

So what, if your vote for tramp say goodbye to SS and privatize all of Medicare.

In 2011 and 2012, the Obama administration cut payroll taxes by 2 percentage points to 4.2 percent.

Trump cuts payroll taxes = THE END OF SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a clown.

You stupid fuck, Obama's cut was temporary, for 10 months, in an attempt to help dig out of the Great Recession that the REPUBLICANS got us into.
You do nothing here but lie your sorry ass off.

You are a clown.

Obama cut payroll tax 2% and tramp cut all of SS and Obama ended it when the economy got going, you have been told all this before, I hate repeating myself, if only you would comprehend.

Tax cuts get Dems screaming like stuck pigs. lol Oh the horror of letting people keep THEIR money they earned.

That's not the point behind Penelope's post and you know it, you piece of shit.
I'm sure if you are not on SS or Medicare, you are ready to return your entitlements back to the gov't, right, hypocrite???

Wait, the government didn't steal and spend every last dime of my SS and Medicare contributions on other crap?? #mockingsarcasm

For those on social security or due to receive it in the next five years any changes will matter, we would be wise not to make this a political ball toss & study the situation with an open mind.

For those on social security or due to receive it in the next five years any changes will matter, we would be wise not to make this a political ball toss & study the situation with an open mind.
Yeah either you believe the fake Democrat narrative that the Republicans going to take your SS. Or you believe the Truth that the Democrats been taking it for decades. Social security was a great plan when FDR started it. But over the decades the democrats have run it into the ground. SS has been dying for quite awhile not because of Republicans but because of the Democrats running it into the ground. Just like they are doing with Ca, NY, and Chicago. Detroit is what happens when Dems get their way.
Notice a trend with Democrat policy? They sure do like to make their policies manditory like SS or Obamacare and there is a reason behind this. Because that is what they truly want to RUN YOUR LIFE and they would run that right into the ground too if given the chance. They basically want 1860s back but instead of just blacks doing all the work for them they want ALL of the American people as their slaves.

Every election the dems say this..........every election........and every time the debt ceiling is raised

All BS......to scare old people.

Mark my words.

If I’m victorious on November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax. So I’m going to make them all permanent.

Remarks by President Trump in Press Briefing | The White House

Trump’s payroll tax cut, if made permanent, would make that happen even quicker, as soon as 2023, said Nancy Altman, president of Social Security Works, an advocacy organization.

Snip

Notably, this isn’t the first time that a payroll tax holiday has been put in place. President Barack Obama’s administration also implemented payroll tax cuts around 2011, (In 2011 and 2012, the Obama administration cut payroll taxes by 2 percentage points to 4.2 percent. It cost about $800 billion over the course of several years, according to the analysis.) Akabas said, at which point general revenue was used to replace the money in Social Security’s funds.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/10/tru...ld-terminate-social-security-critics-say.html

How does Trump's payroll tax cut plan compare to Obama's
------------------------------------------
One knows they can never depend on the stock market.
You gonna got back to the talking points from the 80's saying. Republicans gonna make grandma eat dog food. Lol, my mom has nothing to worry about. I'll take care of her.

Trump lowering the corporate tax down to 21 %, had a lot to do with the 4.2% GDP in 2018, and generally good economy over the past 3 years.

Forum List

Back