Trump to declare national emergency

Pelosi and Schumer just held a press conference to prove they are just as stupid as many snowflakes on this board, falsely claiming President Trump's declaring a Natl Emergency is 'Un-Constitutional'!

:p

You would think that as Speaker of the House she would KNOW that CONGRESS gave Presidents the authority to declare NEs, that 59 of them have been declared in the last 40 years by Presidents in both parties, and that 32 are still in effect.

NOT knowing these facts borders on 'Incompetence', questioning if Pelosi is qualified / stable enough to lead the House.....

Pelosi, Schumer hammer 'unlawful' emergency declaration
You're an uneducated idiot; Trump to declare a national emergency over the wall
You're the moron trying to claim it is illegal...

It's about time if Democrats are not going to do what they need to do for America they need to put them all in a room and let them play with their little toys

They've had since 1989. It's time to get the job done, with or without them. It's looking like without, that's not going to help their brand any.

Did I mention they were the ones that promised it? :eek:

Last edited:
Funny how the right applauds tyranny...
Bwuhahahahaha.......STFU, you idiot!

AGAIN, the President is using Constitutional / Legal Authority given to him by Congress, using a power that has been used 59 times in the past by Presidents from both parties. 32 of those remain in effect.

I don't mind snowflake WHINING...its when they lie their assess off while whining I can't stand.
Ah if obama had done the same thing...

Obama was selecting certain children for his friends n stuff.
Ironic post considering how tiny donnie is running a child sex ring out of ICE cages.

I think its awesome the left finally came around and wants to do things by the constitution :lol:

The most ironic thing about this, the National Emergencies Act was sponsored by a far-left NJ Democrat named Peter Rodino. Twice as many Democrats voted for it in the House and Senate, as did Republicans. President Gerald Ford signed the bill.

:laughing0301:

what if that planet with the giant insects decided to fly here and take out the USA? would the Dems block the decision to fight them?

obama declared a national emergency 13 times while in office

Yes, during the Ebola outbreak, Hurricane Sandy, similar natural disasters and you know, ACTUAL emergencies, when the states or the regions needed government resources for which no allocations had been made. The way an Emergency Declaration is SUPPOSED to be used.

What Obama didn't do was to declare a national emergency as an end around because he lost a political fight. The Constitution is VERY clear that the power of the purse resides in the House, and if the people refuse to find your program, as President, you cannot use an emergency declaration as an end-around to the Constitution.

Today, on national television, a dejected, defeated, and defiant Donald Trump told America that there is no national emergency but he's doing to declare one anyway to get his wall built. This is an admission that the is declaring this emergency for political reasons, and nothing else. All Dems need to do is to walk into the Supreme Court, play that clip, and even the SC will rule against him.

I hope his idea dies just like ancient Roman criminals.
Of course you do. For the good of the Democratic Party and in revenge of Hillary losing you snowflakes have obstructed, undermined, plotted, and prayed for the failure of this President. It's not like anything is going to change that...ever.
I can't speak for the Democrats, and I've said numerous times that I have nothing against a physical barrier in places where there is a lot of travel. BUT this is truly alarming and if the President gets away with it, it has pretty much made an Emperor of Caesar. You watch.

You're so wrong about that. It is absolutely the President's responsibility to regulate immigration. If Congress refuses to give him funds for it, there are other legal ways.

That the Congress doesn't want to allow funds for the president to regulate immigration, yet shoves tons of sweet deals into bills for those that bribe them is alarming.

Not to mention, didn't we just send $10 billion to Honduras? How the fuck can we give $10 billion away yet not spend half that on things to make American lives better? That makes no sense.

It also makes no sense for people who are supposed to represent the people of America to vote that way. (Congress)

Sorry, it's reality knocking.
Congress has given Trump a BUNDLE of money to regulate immigration and control the border. They just don't seem to want a physical barrier (which I don't entirely understand so don't argue with me about it). Trump doesn't seem to care about anything BUT the physical barrier, which is very concrete thinking (no pun intended). That is the reality. Trump is reaching around Congress in a way that is absolutely, positively not allowed by the framers of our Constitution. They gave Congress their powers for a reason. That reason is Donald Trump.

When? Huh?

Funny how the right applauds tyranny...
Bwuhahahahaha.......STFU, you idiot!

AGAIN, the President is using Constitutional / Legal Authority given to him by Congress, using a power that has been used 59 times in the past by Presidents from both parties. 32 of those remain in effect.

I don't mind snowflake WHINING...its when they lie their assess off while whining I can't stand.
Ah if obama had done the same thing...

Obama was selecting certain children for his friends n stuff.
Ironic post considering how tiny donnie is running a child sex ring out of ICE cages.

You're really desperate, aren't you. :21:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...?utm_term=.406c65f7165e&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

April 18, 2015: “Whether it’s Benghazi, whether it’s IRS, whether it’s any of the many things that you see that are going wrong with our country. The executive orders are an outrage. We have a president that can’t lead. He said the hell with it. I’m not going to do this anymore. I want to rest and I want to do other things, including going out to play golf. . . . But he signs executive orders because he’s given up. He can’t convince anybody to do anything, so he’s given up, and he signs on immigration and on other things.”

Aug. 25, 2016: “He signs his executive orders all over the place, because he doesn’t want to meet with people and try and convince them to do what the right thing to do is. No, he’s not playing by the rules. No, I do play by the rules. I will play by the rules, too.”

Jan. 14, 2016: “He doesn’t want to get people together, the old-fashioned way, where you get Congress. You get the Congress, you get the Senate, you get together, you do legislation. He just writes out an executive order. Not supposed to happen that way.”

Sept. 24, 2015:

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Are you going to be willing when your law that you pass through Congress rests on a congressman from Boise, Idaho, who you’re going to have to fly out and sit in his house and hang out with him and beg him and give him whatever he wants in the appropriation bill to get his vote? I mean, are you going to be willing to do that sort of, sort of slogging?

TRUMP: Well, I am. And, you know, Obama has not been willing to do that, Joe. That’s why he signs executive orders all the time.

If I were Trump, I would not even talk to the Dims

Why do it?

So the man who claimed to be a great negotiator, who had a book ghost written for him about the "art of the deal" which he didn't even read himself, got his ass handed to him, TWICE, in his very first attempt to negotiate with Congress.

Now he is acting unilaterally, doing the very things he accused his predecessor of. Just like a butt sore loser.

My, my, my. Ain't this priceless! :lol:

The left finally care about the Constitution!
Quite an accomplishment, trump!

what if that planet with the giant insects decided to fly here and take out the USA? would the Dems block the decision to fight them?

Yes, during the Ebola outbreak, Hurricane Sandy, similar natural disasters and you know, ACTUAL emergencies, when the states or the regions needed government resources for which no allocations had been made. The way an Emergency Declaration is SUPPOSED to be used.

What Obama didn't do was to declare a national emergency as an end around because he lost a political fight. The Constitution is VERY clear that the power of the purse resides in the House, and if the people refuse to find your program, as President, you cannot use an emergency declaration as an end-around to the Constitution.

Today, on national television, Donald Trump told America that there is no national emergency but he's doing to declare on anyway to get his wall built. This is an admission that the is declarating this emergency for political reasons, and nothing else, and all Dems need to do is to walk into the Supreme Court, play that clip, and even the SC will rule against him.

iu

"
As noted in the first installment on this topic, Congress has given a president the power to declare a national emergency by 50 U.S.C. 1621 and 50 U.S.C. 1622. A declaration of an emergency allows the President to reprogram funds in the military budget. See 33 U.S. Code § 2293 “Reprogramming during national emergencies.”

Trump could reprogram funds from other parts of the Department of Defense budget — including from other DoD construction projects such as on bases, military housing, etc. — and engage in construction in areas of need for the national defense. "

Obama Declared 13 National Emergencies - 11 Are Still Active - Big League Politics

Declaring a national emergency is perfectly legal and constitutional, is it not?

yes.

now he has to deal with Congress.

when the House votes to kill his national emergency BY LAW it goes to the Senate for a vote.

given that, if the Senate Republicans react to the emergency the same way they did the bill, its DOA.

THATS THE LAW.

I'll give you an "E" for effort. But it doesn't work that way.

The House and the Senate can take up what is called a joint resolution of termination to end the emergency status, but it would take a supermajority in both houses to force it through. Otherwise when the resolution gets to Trump's desk, he can simply veto it.

Hope you enjoyed your civics lesson today.

I own Page 4 too. :biggrin:

you own that cup of Trump piss you're drinking, thats about it.

Dude, wake the hell up. President Trump just pissed all over the Democrat party, just to establish dominance over them.

:laughing0301:

tell ya what Gomer - if I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong

if I'm right, you will NEVER HEAR THE FUCKING END OF IT.

write that down ..

Doesn't matter who's right or wrong, we'll never hear the end of you, hillbilly. No matter what you inbred bumpkins get, you'll never be happy.

Pelosi and Schumer just held a press conference to prove they are just as stupid as many snowflakes on this board, falsely claiming President Trump's declaring a Natl Emergency is 'Un-Constitutional'!

:p

You would think that as Speaker of the House she would KNOW that CONGRESS gave Presidents the authority to declare NEs, that 59 of them have been declared in the last 40 years by Presidents in both parties, and that 32 are still in effect.

NOT knowing these facts borders on 'Incompetence', questioning if Pelosi is qualified / stable enough to lead the House.....

Pelosi, Schumer hammer 'unlawful' emergency declaration
You're an uneducated idiot; Trump to declare a national emergency over the wall
You're the moron trying to claim it is illegal...
Article 1 Section 9 declares it unconstitutional. You're an ignoramus.

Last edited:

Today, on national television, Donald Trump told America that there is no national emergency but he's doing to declare on anyway to get his wall built. This is an admission that the is declarating this emergency for political reasons, and nothing else, and all Dems need to do is to walk into the Supreme Court, play that clip, and even the SC will rule against him.

"
As noted in the first installment on this topic, Congress has given a president the power to declare a national emergency by 50 U.S.C. 1621 and 50 U.S.C. 1622. A declaration of an emergency allows the President to reprogram funds in the military budget. See 33 U.S. Code § 2293 “Reprogramming during national emergencies.”

Trump could reprogram funds from other parts of the Department of Defense budget — including from other DoD construction projects such as on bases, military housing, etc. — and engage in construction in areas of need for the national defense. "

Obama Declared 13 National Emergencies - 11 Are Still Active - Big League Politics

Yes, during actual emergencies.

Forum List

Back