Trump to declare national emergency

Funny how the right applauds tyranny...
Bwuhahahahaha.......STFU, you idiot!

AGAIN, the President is using Constitutional / Legal Authority given to him by Congress, using a power that has been used 59 times in the past by Presidents from both parties. 32 of those remain in effect.

I don't mind snowflake WHINING...its when they lie their assess off while whining I can't stand.
Ah if obama had done the same thing...

Obama was selecting certain children for his friends n stuff.
Can you possibly be more of an asshole?

Sure hope some of you liberal clowns realize this conversation wouldn't be taking place if the damn democrats had learned how to NEGOTIATE.

Not. This. Way.

Amazing....

While Democrats are trying to pass a bill that expands illegal immigration and human trafficking the President is actually trying to do something to secure and help this nation...

And you snowflakes are on your knees praying for the President to fail.

:rolleyes:
I am hoping that the Constitution of the United States prevails.

Declaring a national emergency is perfectly legal and constitutional, is it not?

yes.

now he has to deal with Congress.

when the House votes to kill his national emergency BY LAW it goes to the Senate for a vote.

given that, if the Senate Republicans react to the emergency the same way they did the bill, its DOA.

THATS THE LAW.

I guess you don't know the vote totals on the spending bill that aid no to Trumps stupid wall.

I'll give you an "E" for effort. But it doesn't work that way.

The House and the Senate can take up what is called a joint resolution of termination to end the emergency status, but it would take a supermajority in both houses to force it through. Otherwise when the resolution gets to Trump's desk, he can simply veto it.

Hope you enjoyed your civics lesson today.

AGAIN, the President is using Constitutional / Legal Authority given to him by Congress, using a power that has been used 59 times in the past by Presidents from both parties. 32 of those remain in effect.

I don't mind snowflake WHINING...its when they lie their assess off while whining I can't stand.

Tough one...then he'd be a liberal.

The only positive in all this is that it will keep the chaos going.
Nobody knows what kind of crap is in the monstrosity that the annoying orange signed onto, including and especially himself.
Everybody gets screwed, there is no silver lining in any of this shit.

There surely isn't. Its beyond recognition, equivalent to the decadence of ancient rome. Im just wondering when this gravy train will end.

I do my best. :)

Yet that Constitution gives him the power to declare such an emergency and to control border security. Something the Dems refuse to do.
trump has proven he is incapable of working within our Constitutional system. His attempt at an unpresedented power grab will lose a large percentage of independent voters.

More importantly for the GOP....McConnell's cave on supporting a National Emergency will haunt the Repubs for years to come. This is an unparalleled effort by the Executive Branch that.....left unchallenged...will set a precedent for future Presidents....

The Courts will rule against trump and he probably knows it. He is counting on a short term win that will assure him of a long term loss....

The courts will slap his obese, orange, ass down....

Not. This. Way.

Amazing....

While Democrats are trying to pass a bill that expands illegal immigration and human trafficking the President is actually trying to do something to secure and help this nation...

Declaring a national emergency is perfectly legal and constitutional, is it not?

yes.

when the House votes to kill his national emergency BY LAW it goes to the Senate for a vote.

given that, if the Senate Republicans react to the emergency the same way they did the bill, its DOA.

THATS THE LAW.

The House and the Senate can take up what is called a joint resolution of termination to end the emergency status, but it would take a supermajority in both houses to force it through. Otherwise when the resolution gets to Trump's desk, he can simply veto it.

I own Page 4 too. :biggrin:

count the Senate Reublicans who bypassed Trump and passed the bill --

if the same R's vote accordingly what do you have ?

The Senate passed the legislation 83-16, with both parties solidly aboard. The House followed with a 300-128 tally,

youre welcome

Last edited:
Wrong.

That Congress won't fund wasteful idiocy such as Trump's wall of fear, bigotry, and hate illustrates it's very much capable of working.

The American people are congress boss and they elected Trump to build the wall. OH SNAP!

No...Congress represents the American People and they told trump to F Off...

You realize many of the Dem's who won in 2018 promised to support Trump on border security. Here you need this :itsok:

If he does declare one, Congress should override him and pass an amendment to the bill that more clearly define what constitutes a National Emergency. Do it at the same time to prevent such bullshit from the next Democrat president.

Things like a catastrophic event, unforeseen event, an event that incapacitates the country?
Any republican who opposes will be primaried, and they know it.

Yep they have to protect the gravy train they're on.

I hope his idea dies just like ancient Roman criminals.
Of course you do. For the good of the Democratic Party and in revenge of Hillary losing you snowflakes have obstructed, undermined, plotted, and prayed for the failure of this President. It's not like anything is going to change that...ever.
I can't speak for the Democrats, and I've said numerous times that I have nothing against a physical barrier in places where there is a lot of travel. BUT this is truly alarming and if the President gets away with it, it has pretty much made an Emperor of Caesar. You watch.

You're so wrong about that. It is absolutely the President's responsibility to regulate immigration. If Congress refuses to give him funds for it, there are other legal ways.

That the Congress doesn't want to allow funds for the president to regulate immigration, yet shoves tons of sweet deals into bills for those that bribe them is alarming.

Not to mention, didn't we just send $10 billion to Honduras? How the fuck can we give $10 billion away yet not spend half that on things to make American lives better? That makes no sense.

It also makes no sense for people who are supposed to represent the people of America to vote that way. (Congress)

Sorry, it's reality knocking.

Amazing....

yes.

THATS THE LAW.

I own Page 4 too. :biggrin:

count the Senate Reublicans who bypassed Trump and passed the bill --

if the same R's vote accordingly what do you have ?

youre welcome

Never going to happen. The chances of that happening are equal to the chance that trump will be impeached for "Russian collusion", which is zero.

Zilch. Nada.

The 2nd 1/2 of this National Emergency Act by the President, required to really solve the illegal immigration problem would be to Terminate the 'Catch and Release' current process whereby we catch illegals, process them, give them a, Amnesty Hearing court date, then turn them loose into the US population. It should be 'Catch And DEPORT' any illegals who entered illegally and did not follow the law as it pertains to how they should enter through legal ports of entry and file for Amnesty legally.

The President can not do this, though. He has the authority to declare this NE and secure funds to build his wall, but it is still Congress' job to fix the broke-ass pro-illegal Immigration laws, which Democrats continue to try to add to like those in their latest (Lack Of) Security Act.

so whats next? what if the scientists have calculated that all 98 Trillion cows on earth were going to fart in sync? would this be a national emergency?

Forum List

Back